Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Defence Coach?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

We mustn't forget that Pivac did the same at the Scarlets in his first season. I don't think he can be described as soft when it comes to team discipline but this season, for whatever reason, he seems incapable of getting the team ready for games consistently. 

Hardly surprising when he’s been off in nz getting married which should have been valuable training time, simply no excuse for us not to be ready for that blues game. A lack of respect from Pivac imo should have waited until after the season like the players would be told too. Looking forward to a fresh start as can’t see us winning an away playoff if we manage to get there.

Man in having life outside work shocker ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

not difficult to plan his wedding out of season tbh, plus he'd get a honeymoon then! LOLLOL
Sponsored Links

Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2019 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

We mustn't forget that Pivac did the same at the Scarlets in his first season. I don't think he can be described as soft when it comes to team discipline but this season, for whatever reason, he seems incapable of getting the team ready for games consistently. 

Hardly surprising when he’s been off in nz getting married which should have been valuable training time, simply no excuse for us not to be ready for that blues game. A lack of respect from Pivac imo should have waited until after the season like the players would be told too. Looking forward to a fresh start as can’t see us winning an away playoff if we manage to get there.

Man in having life outside work shocker ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

38-0 halftime is the bigger shocker
judith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 11:52am
Does anyone get the Rugby Paper? Apparently there's mention of the new coaches that Brad is bringing in.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 11:57am
Originally posted by judith judith wrote:

Does anyone get the Rugby Paper? Apparently there's mention of the new coaches that Brad is bringing in.

Glenn Delaney - Highlanders defence coach.

Richard Whiffin - Gloucester Academy Head Coach & England U20 skills coach.
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 11:57am
Yeah Glen Delaney who’s highlanders defence coach (ex London Irish coach). Richard Whiffin Gloucester academy and England u20’s coach for attack. Cunningham rumoured to be staying on for forwards.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 12:01pm
Don't know anything about these guys so won't comment. Disappointed that we are not addressing our serious lack of performance at forward. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 12:23pm

Don't know anything about these guys so won't comment. Disappointed that we are not addressing our serious lack of performance at forward. 
Delaney is very good. Big appointment that
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 12:39pm
Great news. Pleased if Ioan staying on personally to keep some local Llanelli connection and who can pass on information as well to aid continuity.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 12:47pm
Little disappointed if true.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

Why?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 2:56pm

Why?
Don’t listen to him. Delaney is very good and I would have been happy if he was the head coach
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Why?
Don’t listen to him. Delaney is very good and I would have been happy if he was the head coach

I hope you are right, all those suoer rugby teams concede 30 points per game so I'm not sure I'd be shopping for a defence coach from a super rugby team. I'd be looking at a Shaun Edwards rugby league type.

But I'm no expert.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 3:22pm
People want to be entertained and see points scored in running rugby and if we continue to play rugby in that style and win I will be happy. 👍
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 3:45pm
Well I watch lots of of super rugby, and the highlanders defence is not the greatest
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 5:15pm
Interestingly Delaney has also been a successful forwards coach in the past.
Cwmgwuan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cwmgwuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 6:09pm
I think these 2 coaches are good business. They both seam up and coming coaches who have a lot of praise from very knowledgeable rugby people and i bet they didnt break the bank either. I for one am pretty excited for next season
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic