Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[POTENTIAL SPOILERS] Game Of Thrones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [POTENTIAL SPOILERS] Game Of Thrones
    Posted: 15 April 2019 at 2:32pm
Who’s watching? Thoughts on S8 Ep1?
Sponsored Links

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 3:09pm
Thought it was really good. setting up the chess pieces perfectly for next week when the night king decides to arrive. 

Just some pointers on the episode:

Daenerys has made an enemy of Samwell
Jaimie will be lucky to survive the next episode.
Was Arya inventing a gun?
The Night King is heading to Winterfell, but why? he could easily bypass it to get to Kings Landing. this to me sounds like Winterfell was is intention all along.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 3:20pm
Anyone else have the fright of their life with that Umber kid?

Agree Sal some big pieces moving into place and some great reunions and more to come..

Dany has also made an enemy of Sansa I feel, which is dangerous. Sansa is Cersei-lite.

Maybe there is something in the crypts of Winterfell that the Night’s King needs/wants? They seem to carry huge significance.
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 3:27pm
Only watched a few episodes, thought it was a parody
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 3:32pm
Parody? No that was the Ospreys and Scarlets Game of Thrones saga - a Red Wedding scene was avoided thankfully !
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

I watched about 2 seasons, then some witch type person turned the sea green and some dragons started fighting each other.

Absolute nonsense, which I seemingly can not get away from no matter how hard I try.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Agree Sal some big pieces moving into place and some great reunions and more to come..

Dany has also made an enemy of Sansa I feel, which is dangerous. Sansa is Cersei-lite.

Maybe there is something in the crypts of Winterfell that the Night’s King needs/wants? They seem to carry huge significance.
Who says there’s only one army of the dead. Perhaps Bran will resurrect his Stark ancestors to fight the Night King...
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

I watched about 2 seasons, then some witch type person turned the sea green and some dragons started fighting each other.

Absolute nonsense, which I seemingly can not get away from no matter how hard I try.
That’s the fantasy genre for you though what did you expect?

Edited by scarletnut - 15 April 2019 at 4:03pm
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I had no idea it was fantasy when I started it. Never read any of the books. I thought it was going to be about medieval aristocracy and the balance of power.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 4:14pm

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I had no idea it was fantasy when I started it. Never read any of the books. I thought it was going to be about medieval aristocracy and the balance of power.

Well you had a rude awakening then didn't you !!!!!
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 5:47pm

Not even on a thread with the Game Of Thrones in the title? Strange
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 9:30am
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Yes, I jumped even though I half expected it.

It seems Jon Snow will be caught between a rock & a hard place this season.

I think Arya has a huge part to play in the coming episodes/
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:23am
So, it's all finished. What are everyone's thoughts? I was quite disappointed  with the ending to be honest, the whole series seemed rushed Cry
Scarlets!!!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

So, it's all finished. What are everyone's thoughts? I was quite disappointed  with the ending to be honest, the whole series seemed rushed Cry

I'm hugely deflated at it all. After the death of the Night King which I thought was excellent, the season went down hill quicker than ours!

I think one of the most frustrating things was the whole show was geared towards seeing who will sit on the Iron Throne at the very end & the [beep]ing Dragon melted it!!

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:00am
Thought the whole season was poor with a pretty tame ending. One of the episodes took place almost completely in the dark which waspoor TV to say the least!!!!!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:49am
Huge anti climatic to a great show and it was indeed a very poor final series and rushed , lacked content and yes the cinematography was awful in that one episode. How the finally chosen leader could lead anyone was also beyond me! Motivation by pass 😂
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic