Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Euro play-off thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote POPPADOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro play-off thread
    Posted: 27 April 2019 at 10:43pm
Ok it's not by any means been our best season

BUT

Let this be our CUP FINAL

Remember La Rochelle last year !!!!!

Flags , Passion singing Dan Vaughan on the pitch ! !!!

10,000 cheap or free tickets

We are all the best supporters in the World

We all hate the Liberty BUT lets forget today and get behind our heroes THE SCARLETS and give us all the chance to compete for the holly grail for the 2019/2020 Season

31st October 1972
    The Greatest day in
     SCARLET HISTORY
      "I WAS THERE !!"
Sponsored Links

scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2019 at 11:24pm
Exactly. I dont agree with all this we done deserve it rubbish. We finished 4th and qualified as Edinburgh were worse than us. They lost to the kings away for starters! I dont care how we got there but we are there. Let's show how much being in the Heineken Cup means to this region. Let's get behind the boys in numbers and get guaranteed qualification for the top tier of Europe. Toulon and La Rochelle occasions will only happen if we get the Heineken cup
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2019 at 11:36pm
Clarke said today that their win came off a brilliant performance by their front five, and pack in general.

That's where we are weak and that worries me for our chances.

WP has to get his selection spot on up front.

I would have :
Wyn, Ken, Sampson
Bulbring, Rawlings,
Josh, Blade, Cubby.

This assumes Cubby will be fit by then .

I would look to play a fast, wide game and have Josh and Cubby over the ball early to slow them down, but also to give us the chances we need of a high tempo game.

Even today, we looked a real threat off quick ball, but went AWOL when the ball became slow. !!

In the backs, we have to pick Patch at 10, and Steff on the wing if fit. No disrespect to Ioan by the way as he has been solid, however we need a game breaker and Steff does that for us.

In saying all of that, it will be a derby with a load at stake.
Big pressure on the Sprays at home, so lets go for it and not die worrying if only.

Bring it on.

Page the oracle
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2019 at 11:44pm
Apart from Bulbring our second row just hasn’t performed well. A bit disappointed he is leaving, as he has been good the past three seasons. Rawlins has fallen off the map recently and I don't rate Helps.
We need a dynamic second row player in the fold. I would seriously consider putting Blade there with the backrows we potentially could have fit.
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2019 at 11:55pm
Everyone - get your tickets, get down the Liberty and lets cheer the boys on and give everything we've got to try and help them qualify for next season's Champions Cup.

I would imagine that the ticket allocation will be more evened out, so lets try and get as many there as possible.

H U G E game.

Ymlaen.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 7:28am

Lets paint the Liberty Scarlet no excuses people get there!!!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 7:47am
I’m delighted to have another chance. I’m apprehensive of getting ( another ) reminder, this time from our nearest and bitterest rivals, of how mediocre our season has been.

Waiting for the time and venue to plan a home trip for the game.

Putting all our disappointment aside, we have been given a lifeline to maintain our proud record of always being in the top tier of European rugby.

Do we deserve it?
No, we finished 9th, and in and previous season we’d be out.

Do I care about whether we deserve it?
Nah, not really. We can beat anyone on our day.

Edited by Wil Chips - 28 April 2019 at 7:48am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I’m delighted to have another chance. I’m apprehensive of getting ( another ) reminder, this time from our nearest and bitterest rivals, of how mediocre our season has been.

Putting all our disappointment aside, we have been given a lifeline to maintain our proud record of always being in the top tier of European rugby.

Do we deserve it?

Oh by the way Wil congrats for getting the result prediction correct yesterday. Not many of us saw that coming. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 7:55am
That was driven by being last in the Prediction league ( my normal slot) and having to go for weird predictions, not by any cleverness.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 8:02am

That was driven by being last in the Prediction league ( my normal slot) and having to go for weird predictions, not by any cleverness.

Too modest Wil - far too modest!!!
Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 8:10am
Both sets of coaches have three weeks to prepare for their own European final which also happens to be Wales' biggest derby match - what a prospect!
I know that our form this season has hasn't been good but the Ospreys haven't exactly set the world alight either and we have beaten them once.
It will probably be a tense, nervy affair and I'm not entirely sure I will make it through in one piece but I will be watching and cheering the boys on for one last time - until next year..
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 8:10am
Nah, also had Zebre and Blues to win....so ended up bang on my average for the season...if there was relegation in the Predictions league I’d be Whitley Bay Athletic.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 8:37am

Do we deserve it?

Will we finished joint 8th not ninth. Your not comparing like with like when you join up the two conferences. We played the teams in conference A just once whereas the Blues who had more points than us , played the other A's home and away.
Keep the faith
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 8:56am
So who of the injured players will we have back?
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 9:36am
  Hope the Scarlets commerical team do everything they can to promote this game and get as many Scarlet bums on seats as possible.  The boys need the support - can't imagine anyuthing worse for them than to arrive at Liberty with no backing.  However disappointing this season has been for our supporters we now need to do our bit to ensure we're still at the top table next year. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 10:16am
Originally posted by cymraes cymraes wrote:

Hope the Scarlets commerical team do everything they can to promote this game and get as many Scarlet bums on seats as possible.  The boys need the support - can't imagine anyuthing worse for them than to arrive at Liberty with no backing.  However disappointing this season has been for our supporters we now need to do our bit to ensure we're still at the top table next year. 
they had plenty of support yesterday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic