Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Euro play-off thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 2:25pm
Point taken.
It has been a bloody awful season.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rubrum
Sponsored Links

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 2:33pm
It’s time for our so called stars to pick themselves up off the floor and put in performance of their lives three weeks of hard work no trips to Dubai or anywhere training hard and focus for biggest game of season.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 3:02pm
It has been an awful season.  I'm usually the last to give in to pessimistic thoughts, but yes, the season has been poor.  However I don't believe this season's results will have any bearing on our performances next year.  We have a good squad going into 2019/20 and in all probability we can look forward to a good season. We need to make sure that next year's squad get a chance to grace the Champions Cup.

We need to treat this game against the Ospreys as a knockout stage game in the Champions Cup because in effect; thats exactly what it is.  Winning this game is as important as any game we have played this season. Our suport is needed now more than ever - lets make it a big day. 

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 28 April 2019 at 3:04pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I didn’t want to make it a throw away comment, 11/27 is our worst return in a decade.

I suppose the competition is harder this year, so whilst the stats are harsh we’ve looked better than in other poor seasons?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

It has been an awful season.  I'm usually the last to give in to pessimistic thoughts, but yes, the season has been poor.  However I don't believe this season's results will have any bearing on our performances next year.  We have a good squad going into 2019/20 and in all probability we can look forward to a good season. We need to make sure that next year's squad get a chance to grace the Champions Cup.

We need to treat this game against the Ospreys as a knockout stage game in the Champions Cup because in effect; thats exactly what it is.  Winning this game is as important as any game we have played this season. Our suport is needed now more than ever - lets make it a big day. 

It’s World Cup season though so it’s a bit of a lottery
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I didn’t want to make it a throw away comment, 11/27 is our worst return in a decade.

I suppose the competition is harder this year, so whilst the stats are harsh we’ve looked better than in other poor seasons?

I don’t know really. Anyway let’s not labour the point too much. It’s been pretty rank.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

It’s time for our so called stars to pick themselves up off the floor and put in performance of their lives three weeks of hard work no trips to Dubai or anywhere training hard and focus for biggest game of season.

Wales extended squad announcement is on Tuesday 30 April.

I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing really.

knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 4:00pm
I agree however the Ospreys will be adopting the same approach and will be at home with some momentum.
Also they have a very efficient front five and we don't.

Hopefully the tables will stay as they are in the other leagues, and Leinster will do a job on the Sarries, and then both of us can go through.
Page the oracle
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

I agree however the Ospreys will be adopting the same approach and will be at home with some momentum.
Also they have a very efficient front five and we don't.

Hopefully the tables will stay as they are in the other leagues, and Leinster will do a job on the Sarries, and then both of us can go through.

Which happens first, because there might not be any need for another match and humiliation at our neighbours then.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 4:39pm

We put in a committed performance at the Liberty in December and could, probably should, have won. We’ll have a stronger squad available this time. We can win there.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

We put in a committed performance at the Liberty in December and could, probably should, have won. We’ll have a stronger squad available this time. We can win there.

First half up there we did ok but I felt we lost our way in the 2nd, allowing Ospreys to dominate and, ultimately, win the game.
Bit like yesterday, really.....
Cwmgwuan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cwmgwuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 5:08pm
While we have had massive games in European cup over the last couple of years and a 2 league finals i believe the ospreys game will be more important. Not being in top tier of Europe next season is bad on and off the pitch so im sure the players will step up a gear. Yes its been a bad season but we do still have class players and im optimistic we can beat them at the liberty in a few weeks
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 5:17pm
Put a line under the season. This is one game. Potentially the only game all season where we can field for the first time our strongest team.
I think we can go for:
Halfpenny
Mcnicholl
Foxy
Parkes
Nicholas
Patchell
Cawdor
Macleod
Cubby
Thomson
Cummins
Ball
Samson
Ken
Wyn

Marc Jones
Phil Price
Werner Kruger
David Bulbring
Aaron Shingler
Kieran Hardy
Dan Jones
Kieran Fonotia
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Cwmgwuan Cwmgwuan wrote:

While we have had massive games in European cup over the last couple of years and a 2 league finals i believe the ospreys game will be more important. Not being in top tier of Europe next season is bad on and off the pitch so im sure the players will step up a gear. Yes its been a bad season but we do still have class players and im optimistic we can beat them at the liberty in a few weeks

It's just as big for he Ospreys and they will have a huge point to make having been on the verge of being taken over by us. The only thing in our favour is all the pressure will be on the home team.
Keep the faith
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

First half up there we did ok but I felt we lost our way in the 2nd, allowing Ospreys to dominate and, ultimately, win the game.
Bit like yesterday, really.....

We were leading at HT even with Parkes at 10. Ball going off injured saw them start to turn the tide up front, and a fortunate try resulting from a loose ball being kicked through ended up being the difference.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 5:34pm
whilst the players are taking the flak I think it's only right to point out that the coaches shoulder a large part of the blame,as upset as wasps were to lose stevo I think our back play has been the same as it was under nigel davies and mark jones  where we either kick the ball away or just shuffle it along the back line like training,our defence has been non existent,our lineout has been a total disaster and our ball retention has been atrocious,we have british lions and internationals galore so the buck has to stop somewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic