Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for play off game.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team for play off game.
    Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:13am
Working on the assumption that Sarries win this weekend I am taking a punt at our team selection :-

15. Leigh 14. Jonny 13. Foxy 12. Hadleigh 11. Steff 10. Rhys 9. Cawdor
1. Wyn 2. Ken 3. Samson 4. Jake 5. Cummins 6. Aaron 7. Cubby 8. Blade

16. Ryan 17. Price 18. Werner 19. Bulbring 20. McLoud 21. Hardy 22. Dan 23. Fonotia.

An interesting side point is if the play off were to be played at the Arms Park then a number of the above selected players may not be risked - Jake, Aaron & Cubby spring to mind. 
Sponsored Links

sreve19 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sreve19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 11:52am
I like the look of that team , let's hope we can dig out a performance at last.
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:03pm
We need a performance worthy of a Pro 14 / European Cup winning standard .  Lets hope that we can bring our A game to the arms park . 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Working on the assumption that Sarries win this weekend I am taking a punt at our team selection :-

16. Ryan 17. Price 18. Werner 19. Bulbring 20. McLoud 21. Hardy 22. Dan 23. Fonotia.

An interesting side point is if the play off were to be played at the Arms Park then a number of the above selected players may not be risked - Jake, Aaron & Cubby spring to mind. 

No way Cubby and Aaron can be match fit.
Keep the faith
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

I agree - it'd be a mistake to put two players who have hardly played for months in the starting lineup. Macleod is a very promising player - time to start him - and Boyde, for all that he's leaving, will want to go out with a bang.

Otherwise, the team looks to pick itself - maybe they'll start Nicholas rather than Steff, though.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:34am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

I agree - it'd be a mistake to put two players who have hardly played for months in the starting lineup. Macleod is a very promising player - time to start him - and Boyde, for all that he's leaving, will want to go out with a bang.

Otherwise, the team looks to pick itself - maybe they'll start Nicholas rather than Steff, though.

Steff is a genuine game breaker and we need every bit of attacking spark available.

Cubby is the type of player who can just do it. Last term he was out for a few months and had MOM in his first game back !
Aaron is an athlete who again would not need a load of games to be effective. If he is fit in training then he can start. Give his all for 60 minutes and then be substituted. Really need his lineout expertise as this aspect has been poor all season.
Lets not make the mistake as we did at the CAP after the six nations where we put the big guns on the bench and had lost the game by half time.

Page the oracle
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:16am
Aaron & Cubby are reportedly fit and ready. I understand the reluctance on here to start them but frankly in the case of Aaron a half fit Aaron is way ahead of any alternative. His lineout expertise alone stands him out. 

Cuuby has hardly played this season but has trained a lot so will be ready to go 80 minutes in my view. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:36am
They will both be chomping at the bit to be included, particularly given both will want to stretch their legs before rocking up at the World Cup training camp.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:48am
15. Halfpenny
14. Mcnicholl
13. Foxy
12. Parkes
11. Nicholas
10. Patch
9. Cawdor
8. Macleod
7. Cubby
6. Thomson
5. Cummins
4. Ball
3. Samson
2. Ken
1. Wyn
16. Jones
17. Price
18. Kruger
19. Bullbring
20. Shingler
21. Hardy
22. Dan
23. Asquith
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:49pm
pick the best team we have ,  that means cubby and shingler for me

tbh if no shingler , the ashtrays will kick to touch all night long and attack our line out

I back us to win , I think the delay has worked in our favour, plus a harder faster track will suit us as we have far better backs than them

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:51pm
I was told last week (by a Sccarlet insider) that Shingler would not be available. Cubby should be.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:07pm

I heard yesterday Shingler will be available,so just wait and see now .
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:26pm
True one of our sources are wrong.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 6:56pm
Given our away form this season, whoever we play then it's quite a challenge.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

I was told last week (by a Sccarlet insider) that Shingler would not be available. Cubby should be.
He’s available
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

He’s available

That's great news. He's a fantastic player.
It's a bit optimistic, though, to expect a player who's been out of the game for so long with injury to stamp his presence on a game such as this.

Our senior players need to step up big time.

The game will be won in the forwards.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic