Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How many Pro-14 games will we win this season?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many Pro-14 games will we win this season?
    Posted: 21 June 2019 at 8:59pm
21 games excluding playoffs. Number of wins, draws, losses and points.

Last season:
W10, D0, L11 Pts52

This season:
W12. D1, L8 Pts60
Scarlets before Wales
Sponsored Links

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2019 at 6:31am
we will win a lot more than we lose injuries will not be so bad we have depth in squad. I reckon 16 wins in league unbeaten against other Welsh regions home semi, then a resounding win in final before trip to final of Challenge cup,which we win by 50 points. Andy Howell however will say that Blues were best Welsh side and the Ospreys were unlucky to lose all 6 Champions cup pool games even though they shipped over 300 points. 

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 2:14am
This is such a hard season to call what with RWC taking up such a huge chunk early doors and a new coaching team. After last seasons debacle I have no expectations for next, until we know who we have and for how long in the season it's impossible to say what's going to happen.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 9:58am
delusions of grandeur....... 
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 10:38am
Just need to improve
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 10:55am
We have a very competitive squad. It all depends how well the coaches do. It's a long time to Sep 27th but I am very confident that we can do better than last year in the P14. 

We have to be better than Southern Kings, Connacht, Bennetton don't we? And we need to battle to be better than one of Munster, Cardiff and Edinburgh. 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Craca Hyll View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craca Hyll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 11:58am
I look at how our front row and midfield will look during the RWC and Six Nations, and I can't see us doing well even if everyone is healthy. If we stay relatively healthy, I would expect us to finish 4th in the conference.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 2:39pm
Connaught won the league last rwc year they don’t lose many players so will be a good team. We lose the majority of our team compared to others and don’t really have the squad to cover all positions well enough. hopefully a couple of youngsters will step up for us but I’m not expecting a whole lot from us this season tbh
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

We have a very competitive squad. It all depends how well the coaches do. It's a long time to Sep 27th but I am very confident that we can do better than last year in the P14. 

We have to be better than Southern Kings, Connacht, Bennetton don't we? And we need to battle to be better than one of Munster, Cardiff and Edinburgh. 

Benetton were better than us last season and it looks as if the Italians are developing a good flow of age group talent which will keep them a top four challenger.
Keep the faith
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Benetton were better than us last season and it looks as if the Italians are developing a good flow of age group talent which will keep them a top four challenger.
Not next season. They’ll lose too many to the Word Cup IMO
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Rubrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 9:51pm
We will all of them.
Won't we?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rubrum
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Rubrum Rubrum wrote:

We will all of them.
Won't we?

If I knew what you meant. Then yes, yes we will. LOL
Scarlets before Wales
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2019 at 2:23pm
We will do far better than the season just gone RWC or no RWC
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2019 at 3:37pm
The main concern is - when will we have our first team back? With the WC and then the Wales v Baa Baas game shortly afterwards, i can well imagine we wont see a `first team` this side of December. Quite sobering that we will play our first 2 CC games with our weakened side against others fielding a full side as even Toulon dont supply than many to international squads.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2019 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

The main concern is - when will we have our first team back? With the WC and then the Wales v Baa Baas game shortly afterwards, i can well imagine we wont see a `first team` this side of December. Quite sobering that we will play our first 2 CC games with our weakened side against others fielding a full side as even Toulon dont supply than many to international squads.

I have been thinking about this & as (I assume) it won't be a capped match will Pivac have a fringe squad out like Eddie Jones did a few weeks ago? That said I don't think the WRU would want a defeat to start his reign so would he be picking a stronger side.

Of course it all depends on how we, Wales, get on at the World Cup as if we win our QF Wales will be in Japan until after the final.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2019 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

I have been thinking about this & as (I assume) it won't be a capped match will Pivac have a fringe squad out like Eddie Jones did a few weeks ago? That said I don't think the WRU would want a defeat to start his reign so would he be picking a stronger side.

Of course it all depends on how we, Wales, get on at the World Cup as if we win our QF Wales will be in Japan until after the final.
hadleigh will be at 10.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic