Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AWAY GAMES / TRIPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bayonne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bayonne
    Posted: 27 August 2019 at 10:18am
With the fixtures announced for the Challenge cup I thought I'd start a topic regarding travel.

Anyone on the following flights?

London Luton - Bordeaux: Fri 06 Dec 10:25-13:00
Bordeaux - London Luton: Mon 09 Dec 13:30-14:10

Thinking of sharing transport from Bordeaux Airport to Bayonne.

If not, does anyone know the best way to get to Bayonne from Bordeaux Airport? I can see that there's a bus from the airport to Bordeaux St-Jean train station and then a 2 hour train journey, is that the best option? Bus travel is a lot cheaper but seems to depart from Pessac or the city centre, are they easily accessible from the airport? 

Edited by crj89 - 27 August 2019 at 10:23am
Sponsored Links

thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2019 at 12:03pm
Group of us flying from bilbao Friday to sunday

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2019 at 7:52pm
I'm doing Bristol to Toulouse on Thursday, overnight in Toulouse, Bayonne on Friday and Saturday, then back to Toulouse on Sunday, and fly to Bristol late Sunday evening.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2019 at 8:14am
Not about travel, but a memory of Bayonne - my family was travelling back north from a holiday in the Pyrenees... as it got near lunchtime, we turned into Bayonne to look for food.

As we drove into the town, my young (then) daughters asked: "What's that man doing?"

Well...he was lying on the pavement, clearly totally pi**ed, and trying to crawl after a cauliflower, which was ever so slowly rolling down a slight slope in front of him... crazy and hilarious. We'd made the mistake of arriving the morning after the fiesta... there was hardly any food to be had anywhere, and the town centre looked as if it had been hit by a cyclone! It didn't smell too good either...
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
randelan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2019 at 11:00am
If anyone is on the Friday Bordeaux flight from Bristol coming back on Monday I have 2 spaces on a Minibus free.

Please PM if interested.

crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 9:01pm
For anyone wanting to catch a train from Bordeaux to Bayonne on the Friday, I’ve just had an email saying that there are no trains due to strikes. 
scarlettilidie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarlettilidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 3:59pm
Be warned guys, there are big disruptions anticipated. There are already problems getting fuel at the pumps in France so hire car option might be a no go. From what I,ve been told, air traffic control is also suspect so check with your air operators. I will try to keep everyone updated if there is any news.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 6:01pm
Look out for lorry driver protests blocking at least one lane of the autoroutes on Saturday. 

From Bordeaux, it’s around Castets and from Toulouse, there’s some too.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 6:04pm
If anyone gets to France and are foiled in their attempt to get to the ground, the game is being shown on free-to-air channel France 4 from 20:50 local time (19:50 in the UK).
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Look out for lorry driver protests blocking at least one lane of the autoroutes on Saturday. 

From Bordeaux, it’s around Castets and from Toulouse, there’s some too.

Thanks. Group of us flying to Toulouse on Thursday and going to Bayonne by hire car on Friday, and back to Toulouse on Sunday, so we should be OK. 

Edited by ap sior - 02 December 2019 at 6:23pm
GarthMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GarthMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 6:49pm
Anyone flying easyJet from Gatwick to Bordeaux....and if so heard anything yet about cancellations? Seems that one of the air traffic controller unions is striking but not the other - fingers crossed
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 3:06pm
Ferry to Bilbao/Santander it is then to get around the strikes. Fuel up in Spain in a hire car. The joys of trying to visit France. I think I'll stick to my Italy trips.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Ferry to Bilbao/Santander it is then to get around the strikes. Fuel up in Spain in a hire car. The joys of trying to visit France. I think I'll stick to my Italy trips.

I had been thinking of suggesting that as the surest way - Bayonne is not far north of the Spanish border. 

Last night, it seemed the worst hit areas were the north-west and the  south east, with the south-west not too bad.

It looks as if things are easing up very recently, with the blockages of several centres of distribution being lifted on Le Mans and La Rochelle... if this is confirmed, it should ease things up considerably:

insidehalf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insidehalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 4:33pm
The joys of travelling to France. Bayonne trip still in the balance

Air Controllers Protests from December 5 to December 7, 2019

This is a piece of new information and we still don’t know the details and how operations in the French airports will be affected. We suggest checking with the airport or your airline if your flight is impacted.
We remind that an air traffic controllers strike in France also affects flights crossing the French airspace even if they are not flying from /to France. Flights crossing the French airspace might be delayed due to the reduced number of planes that could be handled by the limited french air traffic controllers.
We’ll be adding more details when they are announced, so keep checking back!

https://worldinparis.com/transport-in-france-strike-news-tips-for-traveling-to-paris
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 5:48pm
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 6:02pm
Anyone on the Friday Stansted to Bordeaux flight?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic