Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Rugby World Cup 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales World Cup Squad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 4:06pm
Gatland has revealed the reason why Samson and Rob have missed out because neither have been able to play an active part compared to the other props in the summer camps. Gatland has looked at how 'durable' the props have been. 

eds
Sponsored Links

cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 4:21pm
Congratulations to all Scarlets on the plane, go well.
Gutted for Rob and Samson but Wales' loss is definately our gain. Looking forward to them proving Gats wrong. Same for Scotty, his experience will be sorely missed. 
And while pleased for Jake, if 'durability' is the issue why on earth is he going?! 
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 4:23pm
I suppose Jake is going as Cory Hill is out until the 2nd or 3rd group game and so far in the World Cup warm up games Adam Beard hasn't stepped up and made as much of an impression. Jake is also another ball carrier.
eds
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 4:36pm
Apart from AWJ, Ball and the 3 hookers that front 5 is weak
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Pretty sure that Gats will just explain that Samson, Scott and Lee had injuries that restricted their full participation in the camps / build up.
Along the way that was the reason for investing more in Carre, Dillon and Watkin.

Fair enough really. It’s Gatland’s trademark to stick with a predetermined selection based on full buildup.

I quite agree with you Will regarding participation in camps, but Hill made it without a minute of rugby since England in March.

Hill was awesome in that game though. They know that. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by gorau gorau wrote:

Gatland has revealed the reason why Samson and Rob have missed out because neither have been able to play an active part compared to the other props in the summer camps. Gatland has looked at how 'durable' the props have been. 

Totally understandable reason. 
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 4:46pm
I don’t agree Cubby is lucky to go at all. The boy is class, and showed glimpses of what he can do despite a Limited first game and playing under yesterday’s poor game management in the first half. 

Not just my opinion either.

1. James Davies – 6.5

One of the more impressive Welsh players on the pitch at the Principality. He latched on for two turnovers at the contact area and was busy helping deliver ball-security for Wales in attack.

Rugbypass.com

Edited by Huwbach - 01 September 2019 at 4:47pm
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 4:49pm
I can remember the terraces at Stradey talking about how Ken was poo and would never make it!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 5:37pm
I feel for all those who have missed out, But the best response is John Barclay's last time round- turn up at Scarlet training tomorrow and take the frustration out on some youngster who was hoping to wear your shirt for the next couple of months. And then be ready for an injury in your position perhaps as early as next week in Dublin. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

carre looked poor i still think rob must be injured no way carre is better than him
Carre did ok yesterday considering it was only his fourth start in pro rugby. I’d definitely have taken Rob but Carre has obviously got huge potential
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by gorau gorau wrote:

Totally understandable reason. 
Yet he’s taken Cory Hill who has a fracture in his leg. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 6:08pm
No doubt that a 75% fit Rob Evans is a better player at the moment than Carre and Smith cannot understand his omission. 
Do not see point in Amos going
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 7:10pm
Trouble is, whatever the reasoning, other than Wyn and Francis the props aren't the strongest scrummagers. Scrums will be a huge target for our opponents. Hope that decision doesn't come back to bite us.
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 7:27pm
Disappointed for Rob Evans and Scott Williams but not surprised Samson hasn't been chosen as not been at his best for a while and doesn't seem to have recovered fully from his injury!
"YMA O HYD"
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 7:55pm
A knock to Tomos Francis would make selection interesting 🙂
Cofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

A knock to Tomos Francis would make selection interesting 🙂

O no, please no, don't try and change Wyn Jones into a tight head in three weeks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic