Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RFC loss at Swansea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RFC loss at Swansea
    Posted: 07 September 2019 at 5:27pm
Lost 33-5 so looks like more of the same this season at the Rfc. White knuckle ride and hopefully again saved at the tail end by the Scarlets. Going to be harder this year with no weak links in the revised league 😕

Edited by reesytheexile - 07 September 2019 at 5:28pm
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2019 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

lost 33-5 so looks like more of the same this season at the Rfc. White knuckle ride and hopefully again saved at the tail end by the Scarlets. Going to hard this year with no weak links in the revised league 😕

Another season and more depleted Llanelli RFC teams, we should have forced the cancellation of this fixture today, despite Swansea not allowing us to .Kallum Evans,Ryan Davies,Ioan Hughes, Fawcett,Gardiner,Taylor Davies,Chris Long and Joe Miles all on Scarlets duty .

Edited by 157cb - 07 September 2019 at 7:17pm
judith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2019 at 7:05pm
It is a bit bonkers that Llanelli (and other regional feeder teams) have to play a match on the same day Scarlets 'A' are playing.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2019 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by judith judith wrote:

It is a bit bonkers that Llanelli (and other regional feeder teams) have to play a match on the same day Scarlets 'A' are playing.
Yn gwmmws. I doubt whether there has ever been such a fixture clash. Scarlets/Llanelli had about 70 odd players involved in the 4 games, all of which kicked off around the same time, give or take 30 minutes.
This World Cup sejour ought to be worth it, bois bach.

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2019 at 7:48pm
I went to game. Good match but we had a team of kids there
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2019 at 3:19pm
Despite the loss I was  impressed by the way in which we were trying to play. We had a purpose and a structure.  Swansea were a big side both, forwards and backs.   One of the biggest premier sides ive seen for a while  
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 10:22am
It annoys me that Drovers and Quins apparently cancelled their game because of player shortage. There has to be some consistency here surely? Also it's bonkers that no games were moved for the Wales game, why did every game clash? Are these teams so wealthy that they can afford to manage without spectators? On Saturday the Scarlets friendly, Scarlets A, Wales and RFC (and most other league games) all clashed. Ridiculous.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 10:44am
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

It annoys me that Drovers and Quins apparently cancelled their game because of player shortage. There has to be some consistency here surely? Also it's bonkers that no games were moved for the Wales game, why did every game clash? Are these teams so wealthy that they can afford to manage without spectators? On Saturday the Scarlets friendly, Scarlets A, Wales and RFC (and most other league games) all clashed. Ridiculous.

I think that you are absolutely spot on there. Other teams cancelled, Ponty and Cardiff decided to go ahead it seems. Should this situation happen again, the WRU should step in and resolve such issues for the good of the game. 

Scarlets 17 RWC duty (3 from Wales not returned)
Scarlets 34 in Jersey (3 injured)
Scarlets A 23

That is a total of 74 players, assuming Scarlets A had a bare 23. 

Llanelli had no chance whatsoever. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 12:37pm

As a fervent Llanelli RFC fan ,its so sad that after last seasons near disaster the core squad is even weaker than last season .

The RFC Squad on there website contains SEVEN players, its truly heart breaking .
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

As a fervent Llanelli RFC fan ,its so sad that after last seasons near disaster the core squad is even weaker than last season .

The RFC Squad on there website contains SEVEN players, its truly heart breaking .
I suspect it’s just not been uploaded ( possibly with the new kit photos ) by Dan yet We don’t really impress on all this for a club owned by a Region and it just looks poor not to have it fully managed. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

I think that you are absolutely spot on there. Other teams cancelled, Ponty and Cardiff decided to go ahead it seems. Should this situation happen again, the WRU should step in and resolve such issues for the good of the game. 

Scarlets A 23

Bucks is the Chair with obviously a major playing background and I think is on them WRU board until after the World Cup I think. We have to trust his leadership.My own concern is on how the Rfc can seriously expect to recruit any volume of VP and Guardians members to support the club financially when you have this gloomy scenario escapes me . It’s not fair on the kids playing as well and I don’t buy into the “it will do them good“ school of hammering either.  

Nothing seems to have changed from last season - just an opinion of course. Drovers and Quins are often felt as more favoured by the Region who needs to keep them happy- unlike the RFC , which it owns. it must be a tricky political challenge to keep equilibrium . Let’s hope the Rfc gets some cavalry back for the league games asap 

Edited by reesytheexile - 11 September 2019 at 2:09pm
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 4:38pm

Scarlets A 23

Bucks is the Chair with obviously a major playing background and I think is on them WRU board until after the World Cup I think. We have to trust his leadership.My own concern is on how the Rfc can seriously expect to recruit any volume of VP and Guardians members to support the club financially when you have this gloomy scenario escapes me . It’s not fair on the kids playing as well and I don’t buy into the “it will do them good“ school of hammering either.  

Nothing seems to have changed from last season - just an opinion of course. Drovers and Quins are often felt as more favoured by the Region who needs to keep them happy- unlike the RFC , which it owns. it must be a tricky political challenge to keep equilibrium . Let’s hope the Rfc gets some cavalry back for the league games asap 

With all due respect to Bucks, if we can see it, why can't he and every other member of club senior management across Wales? Every fan I spoke to around the pitch at Crymych v Llangennech was bemused why the game hadnt been moved to noon for example. Then, we could have all piled into the club to watch Wales, more money for their club has to be a good thing either way. I can almost guarantee that it was because no one asked for a move. 

Edited by supertaf - 11 September 2019 at 4:39pm
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 4:40pm

Scarlets A 23

Wasnt it 5 from Wales, Rob, Samson, Shings, Cubby and Steff?
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 6:12pm

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

I suspect it’s just not been uploaded ( possibly with the new kit photos ) by Dan yet We don’t really impress on all this for a club owned by a Region and it just looks poor not to have it fully managed. 
have a look at llandovery's website they have profiles on players through the decades,the rfc is a bit of a shambles would it be worth them splitting from the scarlets and looking for different sponsors?because the region only came in at the end last year and this year that may be too late.i mentioned to reesy last season would it suit the region not to have the semi pro's.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 6:48pm

Scarlets A 23

Wasnt it 5 from Wales, Rob, Samson, Shings, Cubby and Steff?

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I was referring to players who had been in the RWC training camp but hadn't made the final 31. The two highlighted are off to Japan.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Despite the loss I was  impressed by the way in which we were trying to play. We had a purpose and a structure.  Swansea were a big side both, forwards and backs.   One of the biggest premier sides ive seen for a while  
the jacks ten was a v good player. Fixture planning and ko times sat were a disgrace clashing with wales and a games. Bizarre!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic