Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Rugby World Cup 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Howley out, Jones in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howley out, Jones in
    Posted: 17 September 2019 at 5:04pm
After the news Rob howley been sacked and replaced with jones, does anyone think this will improve chances?
Sponsored Links

stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2019 at 5:29pm
Personally, I think that Steven will be a huge addition- though the timing isn’t good at all .
Let’s wait to see what has actually transpired, fingers crossed that it’s a smooth transition. 
OBC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2019 at 5:56pm
Can’t see Stephen implementing much in terms changing our style of play at this stage. However (not that I know either) I do believe that he could buoy the playing style simply through his positivity and outlook over attacking rugby and I instill a confidence and belief that is lacking a little under Howley. Howley has always looked uncomfortable when interviewed and in general whereas Stephen does seem a far more outgoing person. I could be wrong.
rygbi11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rygbi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2019 at 6:03pm
Shouldn't make a big difference in my opinion. Both Rob Howley and Stephen Jones are more or less equally as good as each other in my opinion.
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2019 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by rygbi11 rygbi11 wrote:

Shouldn't make a big difference in my opinion. Both Rob Howley and Stephen Jones are more or less equally as good as each other in my opinion.

Nothing alike
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2019 at 7:29pm
He's obviously been stitched up,  I wonder if the WRU were due to pay him a massive payout at the end of his contract?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2019 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

He's obviously been stitched up,  I wonder if the WRU were due to pay him a massive payout at the end of his contract?
Explain?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2019 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Explain?

who would know he'd placed any bets? Obviously he's got himself in to it by making some sort of bet in the first place but how has it come to light?
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2019 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by rygbi11 rygbi11 wrote:

Oh good the troll is back.
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2019 at 1:18am
What were the odds on that!!??

I'll get my coat LOL

I was thinking the same. My bet is on Eddie Jones 
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2019 at 1:52am
Are you saying he has a known gambling addiction? Feel sorry for the guy regardless.
Scarlets before Wales
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2019 at 1:58am

Explain?

who would know he'd placed any bets? Obviously he's got himself in to it by making some sort of bet in the first place but how has it come to light?
.Sadly some parts of the media are just unethical opportunists eg  ask Ben Stokes about his family been dragged up by tabloid press now  as it’s now “news”  to reprint 30 years later 😡 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2019 at 3:37am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Explain?

.Sadly some parts of the media are just unethical opportunists eg  ask Ben Stokes about his family been dragged up by tabloid press now  as it’s now “news”  to reprint 30 years later 😡 
Don’t think it’s quite the same if Howley has been betting on Wales games it’s a disgrace unethical unprofessional and just plain stupid.
He may have a gambling problem for which I sympathise but he didn’t have to gamble on something which he has a direct influence over. 
I would appluad the press in this case as if there is any evidence he has been betting on Wales games then not only is that morally wrong it could also be illegal. 
Idiot does not cover it. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2019 at 7:09am
This is a breach of contract issue in essence. So a disciplinary matter. Technically he has been suspended pending an evaluation of that breach of contract. That contract term is standard and applicable to all players and coaches.

Unfortunate timing and if part of a more wide ranging issue, I hope he gets assistance in addressing it.

I also hope that this issue doesn’t keep rolling out and blots out the Welsh campaign at the RWC.

That’s a media targeted observation, not an ‘impact on the loss of a coach to the team’ point of view ( which I think is limited).
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2019 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Explain?

Don’t think it’s quite the same if Howley has been betting on Wales games it’s a disgrace unethical unprofessional and just plain stupid.
He may have a gambling problem for which I sympathise but he didn’t have to gamble on something which he has a direct influence over. 
I would appluad the press in this case as if there is any evidence he has been betting on Wales games then not only is that morally wrong it could also be illegal. 
Idiot does not cover it. 

If he has breached the code he is definitely an idiot. Hopefully if there is any truth in it it’s just eg backing Wales to win or say a country outside our group winning it or something that would not carry on to the end of the tournament.. There seems no hint whatsoever of match fixing which is a different level of betting ie it’s totally dishonest not stupid or niave. But we just have to wait now and hope it’s dealt with quickly.  
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2019 at 8:11am
The rules are clear - nobody involved in the team/staff are allowed to bet on rugby - full stop. Howley was not ratted on by the press as some have suggested he was reported initially by a member of a betting company control group set up specifically to deal with these sort of issues.

He has not been sacked but is helping with inquiries. If he is found guilty he will receive a punishment; he has not been accused of match fixing - he is accused of betting on outcomes of rugby matches. Stephen will be attack coach for the duration of Wales' involvement in Japan. A very difficult issue with extremely bad timing well handled so far by the WRU. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic