Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Rugby World Cup 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby World Cup 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 32>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 2:45pm
Job done is all you can say. Lots of worries for me :-

1. 2nd string front row not up to it;
2. Our centres look very ponderous and we are a bit porous through the middle;
3. Our defending of the driving lineout was also poor;
4. Hope that Gatland & his medics have got the call right over our 2nd rows or we could be in trouble on Sunday with it reported that Beard will not be fit for Australia. Hill has not played since February so it is a huge risk. Aaron is no 2nd row and for me I would be picking him to start at 6 against Australia. Lot of noise being made about Wainwright but he was pretty anonymous today & Moriarty keeps going backwards when he plays. 

Only changes I think should be made if all come through tomorrow after today would be Aaron in at 6, Hill to bench,  Wainwright to the bench instead of Moriarty & Watkin to start at 12 instead of Parkes. Do I expect that - no I expect an unchanged team with Hill possibly replacing Aaron on the bench. 

I do not hold out much hope for Sunday as we look distinctly underpowered which is where you need to attack Aus. We also look very dodgy defending in midfield. Australia look a little shaky under the high ball so I expect to see a very limited gameplan by Wales with Biggar kicking a lot. Beale can blow very hot and cold so lets hope he's cold. 
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Today proved how valuable Cawdor is to Wales he was MOM for me
Not much between him and Tomos Williams though.

There's lots between them, Tomos William is the exact opposite of Cawdor. He's slow and ponderous and play comes to a screeching halt at every ruck while he decides what to do plus he really can't organise the forwards. Gareth Davies is very hard done by in the press, he is the heartbeat of this Wales team but the Webbites won't admit it.

Nobody can organise the pack like him.
No he isn't Confused
he was today at scrum and ruck time
Personally thought he made a big impact. I agree with the above sentiments with regards Cawdor though. There are some flaws in his game but the positives far outweigh the negatives. People have gone over the top with regards Rhys Webb

I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

4. Hope that Gatland & his medics have got the call right over our 2nd rows or we could be in trouble on Sunday with it reported that Beard will not be fit for Australia. Hill has not played since February so it is a huge risk. Aaron is no 2nd row and for me I would be picking him to start at 6 against Australia. Lot of noise being made about Wainwright but he was pretty anonymous today & Moriarty keeps going backwards when he plays. 

Only changes I think should be made if all come through tomorrow after today would be Aaron in at 6, Hill to bench,  Wainwright to the bench instead of Moriarty & Watkin to start at 12 instead of Parkes. Do I expect that - no I expect an unchanged team with Hill possibly replacing Aaron on the bench. 

I do not hold out much hope for Sunday as we look distinctly underpowered which is where you need to attack Aus. We also look very dodgy defending in midfield. Australia look a little shaky under the high ball so I expect to see a very limited gameplan by Wales with Biggar kicking a lot. Beale can blow very hot and cold so lets hope he's cold. 
Agree with most of what you said but no way should Watkin start ahead of Parkes. Definitely need to go up a level against Australia
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 3:03pm

Agree with most of what you said but no way should Watkin start ahead of Parkes. Definitely need to go up a level against Australia

Well if not we have selected the wrong players for this trip. Our defending since Parkes plays at 12 has been pretty dodgy in that channel. Aki,  Kerevi & Tuilagi will have a field day. Of course I would have selected Scott to travel & start at 12 which would have solved that defensive issue. 

With regard to Tomas Williams he is going to be a fine 9 but he is a little ponderous at the base. Of course the presentation of the ball dictates a lot of that. Cawdor is a wonderful player always dangerous, always giving you full throttle in attack and defence with a great eye for the opportunity. We are very lucky to have him. 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 3:14pm
there are most certainly players not gone that need to be there. the scrum shows that alone.

BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 3:16pm
Just reported on BBC Wales that Hill is out of the World Cup
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

my money is on rob evs to be the replacement.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 3:21pm

Well Gats has made a right cock up. What a load of nonsense. 
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 3:22pm
The backup props were poor again at scrum time when coming on. I think wales have made a blunder there leaving out Rob & Samson. Overall pretty satisfied with the first half today. I think second half with the game already won a few players had one eye on Australia. Corey Hill looks like he’s out of the World Cup. I’d call up Bradley Davies as injury cover.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 3:25pm

Well Gats has made a right cock up. What a load of nonsense. 
obviously wasn't worried about the durability of cory hill!! idiotic selection.

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Scrletsfan32x Scrletsfan32x wrote:

The backup props were poor again at scrum time when coming on. I think wales have made a blunder there leaving out Rob & Samson. Overall pretty satisfied with the first half today. I think second half with the game already won a few players had one eye on Australia. Corey Hill looks like he’s out of the World Cup. I’d call up Bradley Davies as injury cover.
Please no he was embarrassing in the warm up games having said that who else is there. Hill a big loss for us think he is also very underrated. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by Scrletsfan32x Scrletsfan32x wrote:

Please no he was embarrassing in the warm up games having said that who else is there. Hill a big loss for us think he is also very underrated. 
Whats the odds on Rob Evs going...they have AWJ, Ball, Beard and Shingler out there for locks...just a thought. Seb Davies is the other possibility.

Edited by PE SA - 23 September 2019 at 3:32pm
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

If someone offered Gatland a BP win by a margin of 29 points with no (touch wood) injuries before kick off, he would have taken that.

I swear the negativity on this board would still be in full swing if we won the tournament.

Its in the Welsh blood. Glass is always half empty not half full  🤨😉 !!

Yes but that's cos we've drunk the other half. Smile
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 3:45pm
Hadleigh Parkes has broken a bone in his hand. Should be okay for the weekend though. Ken Owens is fine.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 4:29pm
seb davies looks fave to me...
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 5:03pm
Tough on Cory Hill, and indeed Wales, if it is confirmed he’s unable to continue

I’d be surprised if Bradley gets called up though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 32>
  Share Topic