Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Rugby World Cup 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby World Cup 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

According to Wales Online, French captain Guirado has made a bid for the title of RWC's worst loser in an abusive (to Wales) speech after the match:

Disappointing, and rather childish... just as well he's retiring after this!
Have you checked it on any of the French papers? I’ve not looked at WOL, although I’ve seen a bit of it. 

He seemed to criticise his own squad for not taking advantage of their outstanding start and lead. He went on to encourage the younger squad members to learn from the mistakes of the older guys.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

According to Wales Online, French captain Guirado has made a bid for the title of RWC's worst loser in an abusive (to Wales) speech after the match:

Have you checked it on any of the French papers? I’ve not looked at WOL, although I’ve seen a bit of it. 

He seemed to criticise his own squad for not taking advantage of their outstanding start and lead. He went on to encourage the younger squad members to learn from the mistakes of the older guys.

That's how I read it Steve. He did say that Wales were worried, and that may be true. He also doubted Wales' World ranking. He had a fair point there. We were poor for mutch of the game.

A bit of a non story if you ask me. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

That's how I read it Steve. He did say that Wales were worried, and that may be true. He also doubted Wales' World ranking. He had a fair point there. We were poor for mutch of the game.

The quotes did seem pretty accurate (in translation, of course) - having looked at the clip, it's true that Girado seemed to be focusing on geeing up his own players for the future, though his references to Wales were not exactly tactful to say the least!

If the French are going to get upset about Peyper having a photo taken with some Welsh fans, then they should at least not leave themselves open to criticism for something equally crass.

(As you both probably know, I am a Francophile... so there is no hostility whatsoever towards France or the French in general here... just asking for a bit of consistency and good manners.)
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 10:56pm

And it’s probably something that most captains would do in a similar situation, critiscise the opposotion so that your own players aren’t so devastated and blame themselves after such a close defeat.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 7:23am
 New Zealand: Beauden Barrett; Sevu Reece, Jack Goodhue, Anton Lienert-Brown, George Bridge; Richie Mo'unga, Aaron Smith; Joe Moody, Codie Taylor, Nepo Laulala, Brodie Retallick, Sam Whitelock, Scott Barrett, Ardie Savea, Kieran Read (capt).

Replacements: Dane Coles, Ofa Tuungafasi, Angus Ta'avao, Patrick Tuipulotu, Sam Cane, TJ Perenara, Sonny Bill Williams, Jordie Barrett

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 9:08am
Ford restored to 10. 

England: Daly; Watson, Tuilagi, Farrell (capt), May; Ford, Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Lawes, Curry, Underhill, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Marler, Cole, Kruis, Wilson, Heinz, Slade, Joseph

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

And it’s probably something that most captains would do in a similar situation, critiscise the opposotion so that your own players aren’t so devastated and blame themselves after such a close defeat.
enjoy the flight home girado 😂👍
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2019 at 11:04am
Hate to say it, but England were absolutely amazing.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2019 at 11:12am
NZ were old, slow, clueless and lived on their reputation. Hansen got it wrong today. England were by far the better side. I still fancy our chances in the final against them 😁😁
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2019 at 11:20am
couldn’t agree more, they were excellent. Quick starters again and then kept their discipline whilst NewZealand lost their composure and discipline, forcing more mistakes from NZ than they have probably made in the whole of 2019.
If we beat the Boks tomorrow we are going to improve and be a lot more technically astute.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2019 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

NZ were old, slow, clueless and lived on their reputation. Hansen got it wrong today. England were by far the better side. I still fancy our chances in the final against them 😁😁
it's been 6 months since we beat England 56 years since we beat all blacks,i'm glad they won we just have to secure our part of the deal tomorrow.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2019 at 11:40am

I feel that’s a bit harsh as England were so good that they suffocated the All Blacks.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2019 at 11:49am

Your living in fantasy land. England are head and shoulders above all other teams.  They have huge player resources and huge financial resources.  If they want to dominate world rugby for the foreseeable future all they need do is put the necessary management in place.  
Keep the faith
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2019 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Your living in fantasy land. England are head and shoulders above all other teams.  They have huge player resources and huge financial resources.  If they want to dominate world rugby for the foreseeable future all they need do is put the necessary management in place.  

Yet we’ve beaten them twice this year....
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2019 at 12:27pm

England were absolutely magnificent today I agree. They hammered the all blacks all over the pitch. 
Eddie jones made a hugely positive selection with ford and said the right things in telling england to dictate the game. England destroyed the all blacks line out..dominated scrums but the breakdown they smashed it. 19 turnovers won???? Thats unbelievable. The abs were woeful today. They had no plan b. tuilagi has long been a massive dangerman and today was his day. He demolished the ab midfield. the abs didnt change anything they kept getting ambushed by the umbrella defence. never got around it all day.

Did hansen make some selection errors with a lock in the back row? the wingers left out savea aione etc etc barret at 15 instead of 10, barrett had a poor game. rugby as the experts remind us is a different game on the back foot under pressure. this ab side looked fantastic on the front foot in earlier games. but under immense pressure losing set piece ball and losing the midfield battle they looked really ordinary. This wasnt the all blacks year they lost to the boks and the aussies in the tri nations too. But massive credit to england, its the best Ive ever seen an england team play...Theyve been building this attacking powerful team for a few years now. .watson and may were fantastic all day, ford and farrell worked well.. sinkler george itojoe well I could name them all, then that superb turnover from mark wilson magnificent to a man

so England march on

Yes they have more resources than everyone, yes they have more players than the rest of the professional rugby world put together. More money and yes this is the best england team for 16 years. 

BUT its not over till its over, we have beaten them twice in 6 months. Rugby is a game is 15 a side not 50 million against 3. South africa are a dangerous animal and so are Wales. England seemed to take a lot of knocks and a few men limped off. They will be favourites next week, but the boks are tri nations champs and excluding summer friendlies grand slam champs wales have won 19 test matches in a row....Lets just hope IF it is Wales who manage to get there , that England start to get carried away and over confidentWink

Edited by roy munster - 26 October 2019 at 12:37pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2019 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

England were absolutely magnificent today I agree. They hammered the all blacks all over the pitch. 
Eddie jones made a hugely positive selection with ford and said the right things in telling england to dictate the game. England destroyed the all blacks line out..dominated scrums but the breakdown they smashed it. 19 turnovers won???? Thats unbelievable. The abs were woeful today. They had no plan b. tuilagi has long been a massive dangerman and today was his day. He demolished the ab midfield. the abs didnt change anything they kept getting ambushed by the umbrella defence. never got around it all day.

Did hansen make some selection errors with a lock in the back row? the wingers left out savea aione etc etc barret at 15 instead of 10, barrett had a poor game. rugby as the experts remind us is a different game on the back foot under pressure. this ab side looked fantastic on the front foot in earlier games. but under immense pressure losing set piece ball and losing the midfield battle they looked really ordinary. This wasnt the all blacks year they lost to the boks and the aussies in the tri nations too. But massive credit to england, its the best Ive ever seen an england team play...Theyve been building this attacking powerful team for a few years now. .watson and may were fantastic all day, ford and farrell worked well.. sinkler george itojoe well I could name them all, then that superb turnover from mark wilson magnificent to a man

so England march on

Yes they have more resources than everyone, yes they have more players than the rest of the professional rugby world put together. More money and yes this is the best england team for 16 years. 

BUT its not over till its over, we have beaten them twice in 6 months. Rugby is a game is 15 a side not 50 million against 3. South africa are a dangerous animal and so are Wales. England seemed to take a lot of knocks and a few men limped off. They will be favourites next week, but the boks are tri nations champs and excluding summer friendlies grand slam champs wales have won 19 test matches in a row....Lets just hope IF it is Wales who manage to get there , that England start to get carried away and over confidentWink

Roy, you have summed that up brilliantly... England were magnificent today, and completely smashed the ABs... but as you say, NZ haven't been quite the irresistible force of past years during 2019... and Wales have beaten England twice this year, the last time on 17 August... I think that mentally a game v England is easier for Wales, as we don't have the baggage of so many years of failing to win.

But first, we have to get past SA - can we do it? We have a good record against them recently, but they are playing better at the RWC. I make SA 60-40 favourites, but live in hope... Win that, and we may be playing an England side who peaked in the semi - it'll be very hard for them to play that well two weeks in a row.

(BTW - tactically, the ABs today seemed to be predictable with their passing - always backwards behind a line of forwards just standing about... very few flat passes to big guys trying to smash it up from the gain line... or am I wrong? I only saw the second half, once.)
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132>
  Share Topic