Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Foxes Knee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Foxes Knee
    Posted: 20 October 2019 at 1:48pm
Anyone have any idea what the score is, how bad and what the real story is?
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2019 at 7:55pm
Gatland says he may be fit for the SF. That's only slightly better than ruling him out though.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2019 at 7:57pm
Obviously were all hoping he makes it back but decision needs to be made soon to give us time to get scott on the plane
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 6:18am
I think it’s odds on he will be fit, who would want to miss a RWC SF!

It’s also Gats’ pre determined view, and one he has stoutly stood by, that it would need a calamitous chain of injury to oblige him to call anyone up/send anyone home. I think the players really like this...
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 7:39am
Gats sticks by his players through thick & thin and that is often to be commended. In this instance if Foxy proves he's ok by Monday night/Tuesday morning I think he will stick. An interesting alternative may depend on the extent of Navidi's hamstring injury. Even a mild tear would mean he won't play again in Japan. What odds Navidi being replaced by Scott?
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 8:30am
Wainwright finished the game with a strapped ankle and a limp so ......

is Faletau fit by now?  

I didn't think Watkins had a good game yesterday. He is a very talented and promising young player but has he played outside centre much? Scott would have been a better option because he plays both positions. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 9:09am
Wainwright interview - said he was fine.
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 9:10am
Don't know about Foxy but they are going to ship Parkes back to us in several parts. I wouldn't be surprised if he's done for most of the season afther the RWC.
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 9:38am
Yes I have many reservations about Hadleigh as an International 12 but guts and giving his all are not two of them. He will be sidelined to recover from his knocks I would imagine until the 6 nations rolls around. He may make the season finale. Same could also be said for Foxy. 
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 10:11am
Hadleigh at the begin of hi carrer wasnt an international players, but with the hard work and perseverance, also the right situation, Llanelli and Scarlets for him; He showed that deserve international stage.
He s a kind of player who Gats likes so much, the old Roberts...so I can understand that his best maybe passed, but for our cause he will be a extraordinary player.
I see for him a future in coaching staff...
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 10:21am
HP First on Pivacs list and next to AWJ on Gatlands list. I rest my case 👍 What an all round success he has been and a. Brilliant appointment by Wayne. Still got 2 years in him. Kiwicop for sure and a nice guy 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 11:06am
He is simply hard as nails. playing every second of the world cup I believe with a broken hand, ribs and ankle injuries, shoulder, plus, his wife home expecting anytime soon...so even mentally drained too probably.
Dont expect him in a scarlet jersey in 2019.
game or two before the 6N maybe and then the run in. likewise foxy.

lots of criticism of Parkes v France and other games, but he was the only starting back to go on a clean break, had 2 of them - the only other back was Tomos Williams.
He also tackled double the amount of Watkin as well as being involved twice as much in attack than Watkin...yet there are cries to drop him v SA to replace him with Watkin...bonkers! He was our best back v France defensively and in attack.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 11:13am
Scott Williams going to Japan for navidi, makes sense
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 11:21am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

He is simply hard as nails. playing every second of the world cup I believe with a broken hand, ribs and ankle injuries, shoulder, plus, his wife home expecting anytime soon...so even mentally drained too probably.
Dont expect him in a scarlet jersey in 2019.
game or two before the 6N maybe and then the run in. likewise foxy.

lots of criticism of Parkes v France and other games, but he was the only starting back to go on a clean break, had 2 of them - the only other back was Tomos Williams.
He also tackled double the amount of Watkin as well as being involved twice as much in attack than Watkin...yet there are cries to drop him v SA to replace him with Watkin...bonkers! He was our best back v France defensively and in attack.
Well said.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 11:41am
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

Scott Williams going to Japan for navidi, makes sense

Someone better tell him then!
Ha!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 11:56am
Parkes a great guy total warrior but he clearly isn’t fit. I’d play watkin and foxy on the weekend. Scott should get the call up as navidi out. Shingler to the bench. Id bench north amd biggar to patchell to 10 hp to 15 liam to wing

Edited by RR1972 - 21 October 2019 at 12:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic