Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sanjay on way home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 16>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 10:11am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

heard in Llandovery Saturday we are not renewing halfpennys contract,
Think he’s keen to stay 
could we afford both?
Yes

And a quality tight head????

Can anyone let me know whether Sebastian has the attributes to make it long term as a successor to Samson? Or will we be in need of a TH when Werner leaves?
Sponsored Links

Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 10:17am
Liam back will  be my Xmas gift 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Think he’s keen to stay 
could we afford both?
Yes

Can anyone let me know whether Sebastian has the attributes to make it long term as a successor to Samson? Or will we be in need of a TH when Werner leaves?

We are going to need another tight head regardless. Werner must be about to retire & even if Sebastian is deemed up it we are still light. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 10:29am

Think he’s keen to stay 
could we afford both?
Yes

We are going to need another tight head regardless. Werner must be about to retire & even if Sebastian is deemed up it we are still light. 
Agree mate. Should be a priority although I was impressed Sebastian on Saturday  
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 10:32am
Cheers both, so do you think we need someone to come in a bit like Werner? I.e some one who isn't going to be called up by their country or should we be looking at someone like Will Griff John at Sale?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 10:38am

Cheers both, so do you think we need someone to come in a bit like Werner? I.e some one who isn't going to be called up by their country or should we be looking at someone like Will Griff John at Sale?

WillGriff is very well thought of at Sale. It would really help us get him if Pivac capped him in the 6 nations. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 10:48am

WillGriff is very well thought of at Sale. It would really help us get him if Pivac capped him in the 6 nations. 

Indeed, I do think that with Francis missing a bit of the 6Nations he may well get a call up.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 10:59am

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Think he’s keen to stay 
could we afford both?
Yes
Not only that we must push boat out to secure both.
I am though very worried by the Osprey press conference of last week when Rob Davies said that the PRB and WRU have agreed that the funding for the regions will be more equitable.
Does this mean that you will in effect be punished for producing Welsh intls.
He said that the Ospreys have been punished for sticking to Welsh players to play when the intls are away. What he fails to note is that we have twice the number of players in the squad and four of their intls were produced by us. 
The other two regions have also benefitted significantly from our system with players whom I’m sure we would have liked to have kept but financial structures made this impossible. 
He also obviously is blissfully unaware of the talent we are bringing through who are Welsh. Yes we have bought wisely supplementing the youngsters with a few NWQ.
They on the other hand have splashed big cash on George and Anscombe money they clearly could not afford or they would not have a problem now. 
I know the man has made a lot of money in business but the WRU and PRB must not be taken in by his ridiculous rants. 

I am at a loss to understand what supports the view that the Ospreys have a financial problem. Of course the regions are not flush with cash but as far as I am aware the Ospreys are no different to us. 
The fact Rob Davies said they did not have the money to buy the players they wanted to until they had come to an agreement with the PRB and the WRU. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 11:28am
Pinch of salt as always but I was speaking to someone who is quite close to the club on Saturday morning and the word was that Sanj is a done deal. Fingers crossed.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

What has happened to Tom James, is he injured as no mention of him lately?
Injured Im sure it was reported on the weekend.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 11:38am
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Pinch of salt as always but I was speaking to someone who is quite close to the club on Saturday morning and the word was that Sanj is a done deal. Fingers crossed.

Great news if true, just the months of endless speculation now...
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 11:57am
If the news is true, maybe Boxing Day would be a good a time as any to release such news, the opposing team were supposedly in for him also which would be an added bonus!

We’ve all seen what the early release of news can do to a team with how Pivac signing for Wales produced the early creeks to a calamitous season to say the least, not ignoring the huge injury list of course but it certainly didn’t help matters. McNicholl, Evans and Halfpenny would need to be at the top of their game to keep a World Class player like Williams at bay, which can only help matters this season surely. 

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

If the news is true, maybe Boxing Day would be a good a time as any to release such news, the opposing team were supposedly in for him also which would be an added bonus!

We’ve all seen what the early release of news can do to a team with how Pivac signing for Wales produced the early creeks to a calamitous season to say the least, not ignoring the huge injury list of course but it certainly didn’t help matters. McNicholl, Evans and Halfpenny would need to be at the top of their game to keep a World Class player like Williams at bay, which can only help matters this season surely. 

I've always said that half time in a big match would be a great time to announce a signing. I remember Wigan Warriors did it at half time when he re-signed for them.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 12:38pm
Halfpenny was in talks with Bath before coming here. I wouldn’t be surprised if he went there. 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 12:48pm

Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

I've always said that half time in a big match would be a great time to announce a signing. I remember Wigan Warriors did it at half time when he re-signed for them.
yes remember that. even though the Wigan forum was labelling it the worst kept secret in Wigan, the half time stadium announcement of the re-signing of Sam Tomkins on the big screen was brilliant.
IIRC, there was a snipet of Sam Tomkins sending a message over to the fans saying he was looking forward to coming home etc. a lot can be learned from Rugby League in general with how they market the game. always been willing to try something new - from being the first place TMO was tried to Thursday evening kick offs to finding a cracking team of commentators who believe in the product on show. but that's something else entirely.
With the rumour now circulating about Sanjay...Boxing Day would be a great time to release the news...or a little present for everyone to unwrap to hear about the news on Christmas Eve! Heck even schedule the tweet in for Christmas Day! But Christmas Eve is on a Tnewsday...!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

yes remember that. even though the Wigan forum was labelling it the worst kept secret in Wigan, the half time stadium announcement of the re-signing of Sam Tomkins on the big screen was brilliant.
IIRC, there was a snipet of Sam Tomkins sending a message over to the fans saying he was looking forward to coming home etc. a lot can be learned from Rugby League in general with how they market the game. always been willing to try something new - from being the first place TMO was tried to Thursday evening kick offs to finding a cracking team of commentators who believe in the product on show. but that's something else entirely.
With the rumour now circulating about Sanjay...Boxing Day would be a great time to release the news...or a little present for everyone to unwrap to hear about the news on Christmas Eve! Heck even schedule the tweet in for Christmas Day! But Christmas Eve is on a Tnewsday...!

Or even have him parading around as Cochyn at half time & then take his head off LOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 16>
  Share Topic