Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AWAY GAMES / TRIPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ulster away 29/11/19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jameslt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ulster away 29/11/19
    Posted: 26 November 2019 at 7:28pm
hello everyone, this is my first post after joining today, been a season ticket holder for about 6 years. But that's enough of an introduction.

I'm going to ulster for first time this weekend. Any tips from seasoned travellers to Belfast? 
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 7:45pm
Buses to the Kingspan leave from the rear of the Europa Hotel.

After the final whistle get to the bus asap. The buses fill up v quickly. They don't check tickets on the way back.

If you get a chance do the red bus tour. Fascinating. You can get off and on at various stops. Fascinating. City Hall and Stormont well worth seeing, and both are free. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Jameslt Jameslt wrote:

hello everyone, this is my first post after joining today, been a season ticket holder for about 6 years. But that's enough of an introduction.

I'm going to ulster for first time this weekend. Any tips from seasoned travellers to Belfast? 
Welcome and good luck on the trip.

If you’ve time, there’s a great market, St George’s (?) that’s worth a visit. It’s got plenty of decent hot food stalls.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Jameslt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jameslt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 7:58pm
Thanks for the info! Heard they can be funny in some pubs with Rugby shirts? Can't see it myself to be honest! 
scarlet-red-huw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarlet-red-huw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 12:43pm
I live over in Belfast now, recommend getting to pavilion or the Errigle inn for pre and post match drinks, both on Ormeau road and a 15min walk to the kingspan, proper rugby pubs, in city centre you wouldn’t know rugby going on. In terms of rugby shirts may have issue in some city centre pubs later in evening, but wouldn’t worry too much about it unless your planning a lively night in town!

Also if you here for the weekend recommend doing a black taxi tour of the peace wall... is about £40 but well worth it. 

Let me know if you need anymore advice!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 1:58pm

Not a seasoned traveller, but spent 3 years in NI a long time ago - if you are at all interested in pub architecture and artwork, try to at least pop your head around the door of the Crown:

which along with Liverpool's Philharmonic is the most beautiful pub I've ever visited.

The pub is more or less directly across the Europa Hotel - much bombed in the 1970s but there is little risk of that nowadays! (Back then, pubs in Belfast had guards on their front doors...)

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 10:03pm

First visit for us too, we are heading to The Garrick pre match to meet up with some Ulster fans
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic