Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sanjay to return home early ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2020 at 8:17am
Twp pieces of great news together. I would imagine the additional cost of Liam coming home early will be more than met by Brad's compensation = result. Also a great boost for Wales to have him fit. Pivac then has the option of hopefully cap tying young Zammit against Italy with Liam on the bench, give him some minutes 2nd half & then start him against Ireland. 
Sponsored Links

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2020 at 8:48am
well this seems its happening...and am I reading Simon Thomas article on the elite squad right in that we are only paying 20% of his wages (assuming he is part of the 38)?
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2020 at 9:29am
if it happens we may see him
At the end of March. 
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2020 at 11:14am
it’s being banded about on Twitter that Liam will be back with us BEFORE the six nations. If true then it’s wonderful news.  
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2020 at 11:23am
We can give him some game time against Edinburgh!!! 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2020 at 11:27am
Someone give Pickfords a call & send them round to load his stuff.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2020 at 11:28am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

We can give him some game time against Edinburgh!!! 

Think its wishful thinking as I see Sanjay getting some game time against Italy & starting against Ireland before we play Edinburgh. More importantly for us will be the availability for the Edinburgh game of the fringe boys who could be Steff Evans, Jonny, Rob, Ryan, Samson, Aaron & Cubby. Of course Edinburgh could well have some boys back for that game as well. Rhys Patchell should be back during the 6 nations as well. 
Nikostratos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2020 at 5:58pm
Tell him to bring Juan Figallo with him!
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 10:30am
With  yesterday's news of Saracens being relegated and that they have to release players, I'm expecting Liam Williams to be with us sooner.
Would be great to have him for  league and Europe run  in
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 11:00am
Get him to bring Tompkins!!! 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 11:16am
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

With  yesterday's news of Saracens being relegated and that they have to release players, I'm expecting Liam Williams to be with us sooner.
The reason for releasing him early was to take him off counting towards this year's salary bill as he hasn't played a game for them.

That incentive has now gone as they have admitted they can't get under the cap.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

The reason for releasing him early was to take him off counting towards this year's salary bill as he hasn't played a game for them.

Liam is no longer a Saracens player 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 1:46pm

In order to gain promotion you must show 2 seasons of staying within the premiership salary rules... If this season doesn't fit in then they don't get promoted next season.

They have to reduce wage bill this year or face an extra season in championship and then possibly oblivion
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

In order to gain promotion you must show 2 seasons of staying within the premiership salary rules... If this season doesn't fit in then they don't get promoted next season.

They have to reduce wage bill this year or face an extra season in championship and then possibly oblivion
Really? Do you have a link to anything that shows this. Have tried to look through the actual regulations but it’s all written in such a complicated way that I can’t really understand it.
miaow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miaow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 3:01pm
There's no way they can reduce the wage bill this season to comply so if that is true, that's 2 years in teh Champ.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Aah I see
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic