Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sanjay to return home early ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

With  yesterday's news of Saracens being relegated and that they have to release players, I'm expecting Liam Williams to be with us sooner.
Would be great to have him for  league and Europe run  in
The reason for releasing him early was to take him off counting towards this year's salary bill as he hasn't played a game for them.

That incentive has now gone as they have admitted they can't get under the cap.
Liam is no longer a Saracens player 

Care to elaborate Scarletnut ?
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

With  yesterday's news of Saracens being relegated and that they have to release players, I'm expecting Liam Williams to be with us sooner.
The reason for releasing him early was to take him off counting towards this year's salary bill as he hasn't played a game for them.

Liam is no longer a Saracens player 

Care to elaborate Scarletnut ?
Saracens have already confirmed he’s no longer with them.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 7:49pm
If that's the case then he would be an extremely useful addition during our QF and league run in. 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 7:52pm
Does that mean he is available for us as soon as hes fit??
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Does that mean he is available for us as soon as hes fit??

No, unfortunately Wales have dibs on him
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

In order to gain promotion you must show 2 seasons of staying within the premiership salary rules... If this season doesn't fit in then they don't get promoted next season.

They have to reduce wage bill this year or face an extra season in championship and then possibly oblivion
Really? Do you have a link to anything that shows this. Have tried to look through the actual regulations but it’s all written in such a complicated way that I can’t really understand it.

I only have the Twitter thread, there's some copy and pasted snippets with rules etc further down the thread. 

Nothing is set in stone these days, they could well move the goalposts although I don't see them doing much to help Series at the moment.

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2020 at 9:29am
Was hoping to see Sanjay start at FB for us on 15th but no chance of that now. On that subject is there any news of his contract situation for the rest of this season? It appears to have gone quiet. Scarletnut advised us that he was no longer a Saracens player so something official must have happened. 
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2020 at 10:35am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Was hoping to see Sanjay start at FB for us on 15th but no chance of that now. On that subject is there any news of his contract situation for the rest of this season? It appears to have gone quiet. Scarletnut advised us that he was no longer a Saracens player so something official must have happened. 

I appreciate it isn't an official position, but he's still listed as a Saracens player on their website and I can see no release suggesting he's no longer employed by them?  

Despite our excitement to see him in a Scarlet shirt again, it doesn't look like his current injury situation is positive news and Wales are going to run the rule over him over the next few weeks regardless of his Saracens position. 

Would love to see him turn out in Toulon mind Wink
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2020 at 10:38am
I guess that now Sarries are def relegated they don't need to worry about getting under the salary cap for this season - so therefore as long as they remain in the Champions Cup they no doubt won't want to let him go
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2020 at 10:57am
I expect to see him at PYS post 6N.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2020 at 11:04am
if will and scarlet nut say he is coming by the end of the season then that's good enough for me
Who will be the back 3 player to miss out? could well be jonny mac

Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2020 at 11:43am
If Sanjay hasn’t recovered fully to play for Wales, why don’t they release him to us to continue his rehab? 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2020 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

I guess that now Sarries are def relegated they don't need to worry about getting under the salary cap for this season - so therefore as long as they remain in the Champions Cup they no doubt won't want to let him go
It may be that their books have to be clean for 2 full years before they're admitted back to the Premiership, so they're trying to get under the cap ASAP.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2020 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

If Sanjay hasn’t recovered fully to play for Wales, why don’t they release him to us to continue his rehab? 

I would imagine it's because they have their own medics physios  and equipment probably better than ours tbh

if was fit to play he'd be playing for wales. If they thought he just needed game time he would get released I just think he is not fit enough to play for region or nation just yet

Pivac will have a good working relationship with the scarlets, if he gets match fit in-between the internationals I would imagine he would get a game with us (subject to paper work etc being completed)

it suits us, wales and the player

Edited by RR1972 - 05 February 2020 at 12:04pm
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2020 at 12:53pm

Sanjay was pencilled in to be in matchday squad against Edinburgh, lets hope Liam as not had a relapse .
  I believe the paperwork as been finalised and Liam is a Scarlet player .
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2020 at 1:20pm
We could do with a genuine option for fullback against Edinburgh, to have a world class one would be great. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic