Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rees Zammit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2020 at 10:49am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

limped off injured yesterday,don't know how bad it is.

Yes didn't look good but he was playing very well up to that point against a decent winger - Cheslan Colbe. He scored a try early doors but for me the highlight was when he gave their full back a 20 metre start from an intercept and caught him 10 metres out - absolute sheer gas. Also he was safe under the bomb and very dangerous in the air off attacking kicks. It will be real shame if he is not fit to start against Italy. This boy is the real deal - for me the most exciting winger in Britain & Ireland by a street. 
this 👍👍☝️
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2020 at 3:06pm
Adams on record, a little tongue in cheek, saying he wouldn't fancy a sprint contest with LRZ. Apparently he is making a few of the older heads look a little foolish with his pace. How brave will Wayne be - it's a no brainer for me LRZ at 14 with Jonny on the bench. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2020 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Adams on record, a little tongue in cheek, saying he wouldn't fancy a sprint contest with LRZ. Apparently he is making a few of the older heads look a little foolish with his pace. How brave will Wayne be - it's a no brainer for me LRZ at 14 with Jonny on the bench. 

I'd like to see him get a chance v Italy, with a more experienced alternative on the bench, in case - and as injury cover, obs.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2020 at 3:32pm
I would bring LRZ off the bench once the game settles down and hopefully with more space to exploit. We need to start well with most experienced team 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 8:16am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

I would bring LRZ off the bench once the game settles down and hopefully with more space to exploit. We need to start well with most experienced team 

I don't really see that. Who would you put on the wing who is experienced. Jonny is uncapped & not playing well with some recent injury issues; North is well experienced but not playing well & appears to be earmarked for 13; if he doesn't play 13 you have another inexperienced guy in Tompkins. 

Frankly if we don't blood new guys against Italy who do we do it against - last game against Scotland; summer tour in NZ!!!!!!; next Autumn? Grasp the opportunity start with Tompkins, LRZ & WGJ & bring Rowlands & Jonny off the bench. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 9:33am
North to start on the wing, Tompkins at 13 & bring Rees-Zammit off the bench. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 10:02am
i would give ree-zammit a start, get him out there as soon as possible. needs the experience and its the ideal game for him to play. put north on bench to cover centre and wing.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 10:15am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

i would give ree-zammit a start, get him out there as soon as possible. needs the experience and its the ideal game for him to play. put north on bench to cover centre and wing.
Good call, there will be less pressure for him to perform on Saturday than any of the other fixtures (no offence to the Italians) and George isn’t playing that well either.
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 10:17am
I really hope Pivac doesn't continue the trend of picking North. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Good call, there will be less pressure for him to perform on Saturday than any of the other fixtures (no offence to the Italians) and George isn’t playing that well either.

Hey now!! They are coming into the championship off the back of a very creditable draw against the All Blacks!! LOL
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Hey now!! They are coming into the championship off the back of a very creditable draw against the All Blacks!! LOL

hey hey hey....joke a part, my hopes for Italy is a decent tournament without concede bonus try in all the matches...But if I have to do honest, I m a little worried for Wales in this first match against an underdogs team...I should let start RZ from the bench, I think Pivac needs a game breaker to add in case that match is in ampass...
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

George and his highly expensive central contract will get the nod

That's my big worry regarding these 38 "core" players what happens when they lose form , will it be harder for guys not in the 38 to get selected even if they deserve to be in the team??
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 11:28am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

George and his highly expensive central contract will get the nod

That's my big worry regarding these 38 "core" players what happens when they lose form , will it be harder for guys not in the 38 to get selected even if they deserve to be in the team??

Think you are probably right about George. I hoped that the harder to get out of team than in it was going to be done away with with this coaching group. There are too many established Internationals who do not seem to want to perform for their regions knowing they are shoe-ins to every squad. 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 11:30am
whats the latest with central contracts 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic