Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dan Newton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dan Newton
    Posted: 24 January 2020 at 7:52pm
I really enjoy seeing guys who’s career maybe didn’t take off and flourish as they would have hoped, dig in and make something of their talent, wherever it may take them...

Dan is such a guy. He came through our academy at the end of the noughties. A genuine 10/15, and a smart and gifted player to boot.
Played nearly 100 games for the Quins and RFC, and actually over 50 games for the Scarlets between 2009-13.

Things didn’t go to plan after that, and Dan moved on and signed for London Scottish, and played some 60 times for them before moving to Italy in 2016.

And he’s still there, plying his trade, topping the stats with I Medicei RFC ( based out of a Florence...lovely city, I was posted there for a while,..) in the Peroni ( love a Peroni mind) Italian Top 12.

He must have a story to tell..

Edited by Wil Chips - 24 January 2020 at 8:16pm
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2020 at 6:52am
dan was a joy to watch with Llanelli and never let the scarlets down when called upon.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2020 at 8:06am
Great story. 
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2020 at 9:03am
Yes...Dan is living and playing excellent rugby for Medicei. Also he s one of the best flyhalf of top12.  I lived in Florence in the last years and living rugby ambiente, speaking with people they are happy of him...Honestly I expected a call from Zebre for him...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic