Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unwanted intruder in the garden

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unwanted intruder in the garden
    Posted: 26 January 2020 at 5:49pm
Following on from the success of Rob o’r Bont’s daffodil thread,  I thought I’d try for some help with an issue we’ve got.

There’s a mysterious animal that comes into our garden, craps any/everywhere and clears off.

It drives our dogs nuts.

Any suggestions on dog-friendly deterrents?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2020 at 6:26pm
Miaow is pretty good at putting people off. See if he does the same for your mystery animal.
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2020 at 6:34pm
How do you know it’s an animal?
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2020 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

How do you know it’s an animal?
I’ve seen enough of Chris Packham, Nature/Autumn/Spring-watch etc on TV to know the difference between animal and human poo.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 26 January 2020 at 7:58pm
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2020 at 8:51pm
Had this issue with neighbours cats, clearing over 20 poos at a time. Tried every thing including lion poo from the local zoo!! Nothing worked until we purchased an animal water scarer from Amazon. They hate it, water and sound of machine. No more problems after years of frustration. Works on animals from deer to birds. Attaches to a garden hose. You'll have to turn it off before you let the dogs out!
Joshua24:15
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2020 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Had this issue with neighbours cats, clearing over 20 poos at a time. Tried every thing including lion poo from the local zoo!! Nothing worked until we purchased an animal water scarer from Amazon. They hate it, water and sound of machine. No more problems after years of frustration. Works on animals from deer to birds. Attaches to a garden hose. You'll have to turn it off before you let the dogs out!
Many thanks. That looks great for one end of the garden.

I’d not seen this type of thing before.

How easy is it to obtain lion poo from the zoos, too? I think that might be a good idea, too.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2020 at 10:29pm
Depends on your local zoo?!! It doesn't work for cats, this scarer is the only effective deterent. It sprays an ark of water approx 7m in diameter, depending on water pressure. Move around the garden and keep them guessing, there's no dodging the infrared.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 6:30pm
Had the local Chris Packham round to inspect the “traces”.

Seems like it’s a bit unusual. He thinks it’s a member of the cat family but not your normal domestic moggy type.

He thought it was something bigger, as he was surprised at the amount of “traces” left behind.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 6:39pm
Beast from the 'East' then?!LOL

Edited by surfing-mtber - 27 January 2020 at 6:40pm
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 6:55pm

That might be more Yeti-like Wink

Might be a slurry monster with all the “traces” spread about.
EssexTurk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EssexTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

When I lived for a while on the Suffolk/Essex border there was always a headline in the local rag about a big cat having escaped Colchester zoo. 

Similarly with the now closed to the public big cat rescue/zoo in Basildon. But the big fear there was would the big cats survive on the mean streets of Pitsea and Vange with all the crazies that live there.

I feel a visit to B&Q for an infrared cctv system in the offing.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by EssexTurk EssexTurk wrote:

When I lived for a while on the Suffolk/Essex border there was always a headline in the local rag about a big cat having escaped Colchester zoo. 

Similarly with the now closed to the public big cat rescue/zoo in Basildon. But the big fear there was would the big cats survive on the mean streets of Pitsea and Vange with all the crazies that live there.

not even a black panther would last on the streets of colchester for long before some div eats it  or a 12 year old in souped up gti ran it over 😂😂. Ps hows sarffend these days? Still a hell hole!!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 4:47am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

not even a black panther would last on the streets of colchester for long before some div eats it  or a 12 year old in souped up gti ran it over 😂😂. Ps hows sarffend these days? Still a hell hole!!
it's not just gardens where cats are becoming pests.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 7:25am

There was the Beast of Bont once that went around savaging sheep.  Someone told me that if I was confronted by it, the best way to defend myself was to throw poo at it.  When I asked 'what if there was no poo', the guy said - 'there will be'. Smile

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 28 January 2020 at 7:25am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 7:29am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

it's not just gardens where cats are becoming pests.

You're on the ball Nige I'll give you that.Clap
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 7:29am

How close is that Zoo EO?LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic