Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unwanted intruder in the garden

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Beast from the 'East' then?!LOL
That might be more Yeti-like Wink

Might be a slurry monster with all the “traces” spread about.

How close is that Zoo EO?LOL
I’ll be on google maps later, checking up.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Beast from the 'East' then?!LOL
There was the Beast of Bont once that went around savaging sheep.  Someone told me that if I was confronted by it, the best way to defend myself was to throw poo at it.  When I asked 'what if there was no poo', the guy said - 'there will be'. Smile
Very good LOLBig smileLOL
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 4:43pm

Following on from the success of Rob o’r Bont’s daffodil thread,  I thought I’d try for some help with an issue we’ve got.

There’s a mysterious animal that comes into our garden, craps any/everywhere and clears off.

It drives our dogs nuts.

Any suggestions on dog-friendly deterrents?

You will be relieved to hear - I have on good authority - that your problem animal has been banned from your garden - and ours!WinkThumbs Up
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Following on from the success of Rob o’r Bont’s daffodil thread,  I thought I’d try for some help with an issue we’ve got.

There’s a mysterious animal that comes into our garden, craps any/everywhere and clears off.

It drives our dogs nuts.

You will be relieved to hear - I have on good authority - that your problem animal has been banned from your garden - and ours!WinkThumbs Up
Is that perceptiveness or imaginative thinking? Wink

The dogs will rest peacefully this evening, then, although that might be the result of the long walk they had.

I am still likely to pursue the infrared water deterrent, as you never know when unwanted pests might return.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2020 at 8:51am

It drives our dogs nuts.

The dogs will rest peacefully this evening, then, although that might be the result of the long walk they had.

I am still likely to pursue the infrared water deterrent, as you never know when unwanted pests might return.

Good thinking EO - the buggers are always lurking.LOL
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2020 at 4:15pm

It drives our dogs nuts.

My idea of searchlight and machine gun towers fell at the planning permission stage.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 11:29am

It drives our dogs nuts.

My idea of searchlight and machine gun towers fell at the planning permission stage.

No recent sightings I understand. 
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 5:44pm

It drives our dogs nuts.

No recent sightings I understand. 
The dogs have been very tranquil, at least on the outside. 

I’m sure they’re ready to leap into action should the need arise.
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 6:03pm
I've played this as straight as I can! LOL
Joshua24:15
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 6:26pm
I was particularly touched by Haydn’s offer to send over a seagull to act as a deterrent.

Was there one from his conservatory thread? 

Must be quite a pensioner by now, if it’s the same one.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 6:41pm

I was particularly touched by Haydn’s offer to send over a seagull to act as a deterrent.

Was there one from his conservatory thread? 

Must be quite a pensioner by now, if it’s the same one.
I should add I don’t think he was suggesting using it as bait; more as an aerial threat to the intruder.
Nikostratos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 10:01pm

Had this issue with neighbours cats, clearing over 20 poos at a time. Tried every thing including lion poo from the local zoo!! Nothing worked until we purchased an animal water scarer from Amazon. They hate it, water and sound of machine. No more problems after years of frustration. Works on animals from deer to birds. Attaches to a garden hose. You'll have to turn it off before you let the dogs out!
Many thanks. That looks great for one end of the garden.

I’d not seen this type of thing before.

How easy is it to obtain lion poo from the zoos, too? I think that might be a good idea, too.

There's a product called Silent Roar which is a sterilised version.  I've found that it works fairly well as long as you follow the instructions (clear away all poo, wear plastic gloves that are supplied with the product).  It's not particularly cheap, though, and doesn't last forever.  The animal scarers can work well, but that depends on the layout of the garden.  Mine's 100ft long but only about 15 wide, so it would be spraying the neighbours' gardens on both sides and only covering a small part of mine.

'Drives the dogs nuts' sounds more like a fox or a badger to me, though.  This site might help: https://www.discoverwildlife.com/how-to/identify-wildlife/how-to-identify-animal-droppings/
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Nikostratos Nikostratos wrote:

Had this issue with neighbours cats, clearing over 20 poos at a time. Tried every thing including lion poo from the local zoo!! Nothing worked until we purchased an animal water scarer from Amazon. They hate it, water and sound of machine. No more problems after years of frustration. Works on animals from deer to birds. Attaches to a garden hose. You'll have to turn it off before you let the dogs out!
Many thanks. That looks great for one end of the garden.

I’d not seen this type of thing before.

How easy is it to obtain lion poo from the zoos, too? I think that might be a good idea, too.

There's a product called Silent Roar which is a sterilised version.  I've found that it works fairly well as long as you follow the instructions (clear away all poo, wear plastic gloves that are supplied with the product).  It's not particularly cheap, though, and doesn't last forever.  The animal scarers can work well, but that depends on the layout of the garden.  Mine's 100ft long but only about 15 wide, so it would be spraying the neighbours' gardens on both sides and only covering a small part of mine.

'Drives the dogs nuts' sounds more like a fox or a badger to me, though.  This site might help: https://www.discoverwildlife.com/how-to/identify-wildlife/how-to-identify-animal-droppings/
Many thanks. I’ll look into the Silent Roar and thanks for the link to the identifying the stuff.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2020 at 10:08pm

I've played this as straight as I can! LOL
Some very helpful suggestions, too.

Your contribution is very much appreciated. Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic