Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs Edinburgh (h)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets team vs Edinburgh (h)
    Posted: 14 February 2020 at 12:05pm
Scarlets Edinburgh Rugby
15. Angus O'Brien 15. Damien Hoyland
14. Corey Baldwin 14. Eroni Sau 
13. Kieron Fonotia 13. Mark Bennett 
12. Steff Hughes (capt) 12. Matt Scott 
11. Steff Evans 11. Duhan van der Merwe 
10. Dan Jones 10. Jaco van der Walt 
9. Kieran Hardy 9. Henry Pyrgos (capt)
1. Phil Price 1. Pierre Schoeman 
2. Taylor Davies 2. David Cherry 
3. Samson Lee 3. WP Nel 
4. Lewis Rawlins 4. Lewis Carmichael 
5. Sam Lousi 5. Grant Gilchrist 
6. Aaron Shingler 6. Nick Haining 
7. Josh MacLeod 7. Luke Crosbie 
8. Uzair Cassiem 8. Viliame Mata 
Replacements    
16. Dom Booth 16. Mike Willemse 
17. Rob Evans 17. Jamie Bhatti 
18. Werner Kruger 18. Pietro Ceccarelli 
19. Tevita Ratuve 19. Fraser McKenzie 
20. Dan Davis 20. John Barclay 
21. Dane Blacker 21. Nic Groom 
22. Paul Asquith 22. Simon Hickey 
23. Ryan Conbeer 23. George Taylor

Scarlets vs Edinburgh - Saturday 15th February KO 15:00 - Parc-y-Scarlets and Live on Premier Sports 1

Referee: Frank Murphy (IRFU)

Assistant Referees: Dan Jones (WRU), Eddie Hogan O’Connell (IRFU)

TMO: Simon McDowell (IRFU)

Unavailable due to injury:
Jonathan Davies (knee), Rhys Patchell (shoulder), James Davies (back), Daf Hughes (knee), 
Blade Thomson (concussion), Marc Jones (calf), Steffan Thomas (knee), Joe Roberts (knee).

Edited by minded - 14 February 2020 at 12:13pm
Sponsored Links

Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 12:15pm
Some doubts on the starting xv but big impact from the bench...will be' and hard game playing in hard conditions..
Booth is an ex academy based with Carmarthen, do someone know more about him?
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 12:35pm
From the offy site -

On the bench, Wales U20s hooker Dom Booth is poised to make his competitive debut. The 19-year-old Tenby product is another who has come through the region’s academy pathway. Booth has featured in Wales’ U20s Six Nations matches against Italy and Ireland.

diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 12:37pm
Very strong Edinburgh team. We'll do well to win this. A postponement would probably do us a favour.
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 12:37pm
That's a strong Edinburgh side especially the front 5.
With conditions expected to be poor, it will take a massive effort from the pack to contain them!!

Worried about this one now !!CryCry
Page the oracle
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 12:41pm
Thanks for the info about Booth - the one new name to me.

I thought Edinburgh would be weaker than that during the 6N, but there are quite a  few familiar names, so it'll be tough and competitive.

Is this game under any threat due to the storm? I intended to come down, but won't now, in case... some trees came down during the last one.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Very strong Edinburgh team. We'll do well to win this. A postponement would probably do us a favour.

Forecast for tomorrow from 3pm on is heavy rain and wind gusting up to 60mph!!

I don't know if that would warrant a postponement ?

Whatever it will ruin the game again with the team making the least mistakes coming out on top.

I was wondering if there was any chance that we would have a home game this season where the weather was good????? AngryAngryAngryAngry
Page the oracle
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 12:53pm
This’ll be a toughie. That’s a powerful looking Edinburgh team.

Our record with Frank Murphy refereeing isn’t good either. Out of 6 matches only once has he penalised us less than 10 times. We’ve won 2 out of 6. 

It sounds like it’s going to be even more wet and windy than the Calcutta Cup match last weekend. It’ll be a case of who can make the fewest errors, and who can capitalise on the opposition errors the best. 
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

Whatever it will ruin the game again with the team making the least mistakes coming out on top.

I was wondering if there was any chance that we would have a home game this season where the weather was good????? AngryAngryAngryAngry
I know its a bit sickening. I think the only way it would be called off is if they couldn't travel.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 1:01pm
Despite our heavy investment up front I don't fancy our pack to compete. Barclay on the bench is quite telling. Haining & Mata will carry hard yards. They will wait for us to make mistakes and capitalise. Time to show we have learnt from our horror shows in Edinburgh and at home to Toulon. 9 & 10 are very important with that weather forecast. 
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 1:15pm

Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

I know its a bit sickening. I think the only way it would be called off is if they couldn't travel.
It sounds like Dragons game was a joint decision between them and the league, not so much that Benetton couldn't get to Newport. 
As much as i look forward to a PYS visit especially after a long period without a home match, it might be best if the game is postponed imo.

Edited by minded - 14 February 2020 at 1:15pm
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 1:19pm
I tend to agree with  you minded. the conditions will be treacherous around the stadium and travelling to the game and back. the game will be a total 50/50 lottery. and will certainly not be a spectacle.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 1:21pm
Would have started with Tex, but there you go, Lewis must have been pulling up trees in training. Strong bench.

Guys this is a big game, sod the weather we cant control that, nor the ref. These are the games when the team needs our support the most.

If you can get there, then please do, and be loud and proud and help the boys through this one. With local games bound to be cancelled hopefully some local rugby fans will come along and support their region.

Scaarlets....Scaarlets.....
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 1:29pm
Edinburgh will be travelling today so as it hasn't been called off now, we should not expect it to be. We have played matches in some appalling weather since moving from Stradey and with no untoward experiences. And the pitch holds up in heavy rain. 

As for the strength of their team, we also have a strong team. It's going to be tough but there's no reason to be worried. They've cut us to ribbons out wide a couple of times recently- I doubt that will happen tomorrow. It's a match where Dinky and AOB will have be on top kicking form.

cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 1:29pm
What does it take to call this game off?  Severe gales of 68mph winds forecast for Llanelli at kickk off and increasing throughout the afternoon which, together with heavy rain puts Carmarthenshire on amber alert and police warning against unnecessary travel. Conditions worse than in Newport.   Sorry to say that with a three-hour round trip means I'm reluctantly giving this one a miss.  Been at every other home game this season despite atrocious weather.
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 1:43pm
Surprised that in those conditions we haven't started Tex. Aside from that looks good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic