Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs Edinburgh (h)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 1:48pm
The club expect the game to go ahead as planned.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 2:20pm

As AOB ever started a game at full back ?? Not to my knowledge .

Disappointed Sanjay and Elias were not released .
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Liam isn't due to be fit for France next weekend though?
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 2:32pm

Is Liam even our player yet?

I’m sure I remember AOB playing fullback for the Dragons at some point.

Edited by Mugwuffin - 14 February 2020 at 2:33pm
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 2:43pm
I'm quite shocked at the inclusion of O'Brien while Prydie has been deemed fit, I'm sure he played there quite a bit for the dragons.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Liam was keen to get some game time on Saturday , but was blocked by the Welsh management .

Whether they feel he is not fit enough ,I do not know .
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 3:39pm
Certainly seems to be a forward pack built for lineout, which was shown by Scotland last weekend to be absolutely crucial in appalling weather. Lousi, Rawlins and Shingler should be able to keep Edinburgh guessing while also in Shingler giving us an option just to throw and claim it at the front. My main worry is our replacement hooker, and whether he’ll be able to hold it together when / if he comes on. 
Moving on to our backline I see it very much as a safety first, kicking game backline. Fonotia should give us front foot ball, while AOB, Dinky and Steff Hughes should be able to pin us in the corner.
Even so I still am worried for this game, as Edinburgh will love a tight arm wrestle and I can see them using all their experience to edge us out. Whatever happens, it’s sure to be a tight game and I hope all the fans who are able and brave enough to make the game can cheer the boys on as they all do.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 3:48pm
Vitally important to make good use of the wind and play for territory so that we can pressure Edinburgh and capitalise on the inevitable mistakes that will happen in the expected conditions.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Vitally important to make good use of the wind and play for territory so that we can pressure Edinburgh and capitalise on the inevitable mistakes that will happen in the expected conditions.

The wind will be swirling all over the place.  Best team without the ball will win. 

Keep the faith
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

The wind will be swirling all over the place.  Best team without the ball will win. 

Our young full back will be in for a an abundance of up and unders no doubt. Plenty of dropped ball and knock ons across the park leading to lots of scrums ! How good is or scrum compared to theirs ? 🤔 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 6:15pm

Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Liam was keen to get some game time on Saturday , but was blocked by the Welsh management .

Whether they feel he is not fit enough ,I do not know .
Blocked by insurance issues, according to Simon Thomas 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 6:25pm

Forecasters now saying Storm Dennis going to be the most powerful North Atlantic storm ever, no player or supporter should risk there life to go to see a rugby game. Lets hope common sense prevails and game is postponed .
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 6:38pm
Agree with you Mark. Peoples safety paramount. 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 8:35pm

Forecasters now saying Storm Dennis going to be the most powerful North Atlantic storm ever, no player or supporter should risk there life to go to see a rugby game. Lets hope common sense prevails and game is postponed .
Is it going to be more powerful than the Michael Fish 'there isn't going to be a hurricane' hurricane. Shocked

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 14 February 2020 at 8:37pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 8:36pm

Sanjay isn’t fit Mark he’s injured 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2020 at 8:42pm

OK thanks Steff. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic