Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 305>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

hi mods is there a thread we can post to ensure everyone is ok and for any one to put up a notice in case they are too ill to go out and to see if other posters can help?

I was going to put one up but don't know where to put it to get most views?
Create in Scarlets General, there's not much else for us to post at the minute anyway. once created i'll attached to stay at the top of the area while all this is going on.

Edited by minded - 24 March 2020 at 3:02pm
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 5:50pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Exciting news here https://www.tivysideadvertiser.co.uk/news/18329584.coronavirus-carmarthenshire-doctor-turns-ammanford-firm-build-life-saving-machine/
The man who created the device is also the founder of the Wales Air Ambulance. A truly inspirational person.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 9:06am
Staff in my local Co-op getting abuse due to shortages. Maybe this is just Swansea but it's not their fault people! Stay calm, don't panic buy and remember we're all in this together.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 9:10am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Staff in my local Co-op getting abuse due to shortages. Maybe this is just Swansea but it's not their fault people! Stay calm, don't panic buy and remember we're all in this together.

Probably the same people giving the abuse as those who bought up all the toilet rolls last week. I am afraid some human beings can frustrate as much as others inspire. Lets all strive to be the inspirational model!!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Probably the same people giving the abuse as those who bought up all the toilet rolls last week. I am afraid some human beings can frustrate as much as others inspire. Lets all strive to be the inspirational model!!!!

wise words GPR
with regards co ops and shops I read they have opened a new cop op which is also a petrol station in pontyates.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 4:38pm

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

[QUOTE=dr_martinov]Staff in my local Co-op getting abuse due to shortages. Maybe this is just Swansea but it's not their fault people! Stay calm, don't panic buy and remember we're all in this together.

wise words GPR
with regards co ops and shops I read they have opened a new cop op which is also a petrol station in pontyates.
[/QUOTE]
this is the way the coop is going with new smaller shops opening in Ammanford and llandybie.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 8:36pm
handy ..In the early hours its been impossible to fuel up between llanelli and carmarthen
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 11:58pm
is it just me or do we need to hear more from drakeford and gething
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2020 at 8:57am
Regions discussing taking pay cuts. I think this makes sense, personally. 

It does also raise the question of what happens to winners and relegation in tournaments? OK, I know this is insignificant compared to the health issues, but I need to talk about insignificant things sometimes as a distraction. Will Liverpool be awarded the Premier League title? It would seem only fair. But then what about competitions where they have a playoff system, Pro14, NHL, NBA etc., will they just be abandoned for one year? The chairman of Brescia, who by coincidence are bottom of Serie A, has called for the season to be null and void. We need clear guidance from Governments on these vital issues!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2020 at 12:08pm

Regions discussing taking pay cuts. I think this makes sense, personally. 

It does also raise the question of what happens to winners and relegation in tournaments? OK, I know this is insignificant compared to the health issues, but I need to talk about insignificant things sometimes as a distraction. Will Liverpool be awarded the Premier League title? It would seem only fair. But then what about competitions where they have a playoff system, Pro14, NHL, NBA etc., will they just be abandoned for one year? The chairman of Brescia, who by coincidence are bottom of Serie A, has called for the season to be null and void. We need clear guidance from Governments on these vital issues!

Same in the RFU it seems. I saw a figure of The RFU losing between £40-60 million pounds due to this crisis so god knows what damage this will cause to a more impoverished union and rugby nation. 😕
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2020 at 2:40pm
if one gets it what does one do? other than wash hands drink hot drinks lots of water paracetamols?
does this virus needed to be sweated out? hot water bottles etc?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2020 at 3:02pm

if one gets it what does one do? other than wash hands drink hot drinks lots of water paracetamols?
I have zero medical qualifications but as I understand it it's all on a person's immune system. Think it's a case of just riding it out and if it gets that bad you'll have to call 111 or 999.

Edited by scarletnut - 26 March 2020 at 3:02pm
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2020 at 3:31pm

drink loads of water, keep scrubbing hands, keep in isolation,  lots of bed rest take as much paracetmol  as you can with out making yourself ill .  You will feel awful for a few days or so and if it gets too bad then youll have to call 111 but as long as your generally ok in your health you should be fine,
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2020 at 4:11pm

drink loads of water, keep scrubbing hands, keep in isolation,  lots of bed rest take as much paracetmol  as you can with out making yourself ill .  You will feel awful for a few days or so and if it gets too bad then youll have to call 111 but as long as your generally ok in your health you should be fine,

Thanks but do you sweat it out like a  cold? head scarves hot water bottles etc?
Ive watched 15 videos of people who have had it and watched every boris speech and this hasnt been addressed

Meanwhile this is interesting
Germany is testing 160000 a week and has the highest critical beds in europe
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2020 at 4:14pm

Thanks but do you sweat it out like a  cold? head scarves hot water bottles etc?
Ive watched 15 videos of people who have had it and watched every boris speech and this hasnt been addressed

Meanwhile this is interesting
Germany is testing 160000 a week and has the highest critical beds in europe

You can't sweat out a cold. Hot air can relieve congestion but the rest is useless and simply making yourself hot and dehydrated, which will only make it feel worse. You should keep warm - but not to the point of overheating and sweating.

Edited by dr_martinov - 26 March 2020 at 4:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 305>
  Share Topic