Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 305>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/23/coronavirus-uk-map-latest-deaths-confirmed-cases-region

Wales and North East England higher cases per population. We can blame Cummings for the North East but a bit strange Wales is higher. 

do you mean in the past week doc?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:25pm
Dad turned 78 today. Incredible, but true. @HelleThorning_S and I took a couple of chairs over, and sat in their front garden for a socially distanced celebration. As you do 🙂Happy birthday, mate. 🍰 🎁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 https://t.co/ipGuN2WzsC
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 6:39am
his excuse is legitimate if it wasn't for lockdown,how many other families in his position worried about childcare but had to adhere to government rules?boris's response "at least he wasn't going to see a girlfriend" incredible.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 8:59am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/23/coronavirus-uk-map-latest-deaths-confirmed-cases-region

Wales and North East England higher cases per population. We can blame Cummings for the North East but a bit strange Wales is higher. 

do you mean in the past week doc?

No, total confirmed cases. That link didn't work either for some reason but the Coronavirus UK map on the Guardian shows it.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 9:05am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

his excuse is legitimate if it wasn't for lockdown,how many other families in his position worried about childcare but had to adhere to government rules?boris's response "at least he wasn't going to see a girlfriend" incredible.

It does seem a lack of respect for the millions adhering to lockdown. When Cummings says he doesn't care about rules, what he's actually saying is rules are for others to follow, not me. I'm trying not to let my dislike of him or his political methods skew my judgement - is it a sackable offence? Is he just being made to be a panto villain by the media? I think the immediate bandying together of Gove, Hancock to defend his actions were the worst aspect, Hancock especially I am disappointed in as I'd expect no less from Gove (who Cummings also worked for). 

Edited by dr_martinov - 24 May 2020 at 9:24am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 11:44am
I don't think Cummings is a scapegoat but he and particularly those politicians defending him are hypocrites. It's hard to see how Hancock condemned that Prof yet defends Cummings.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 11:53am

I don't think Cummings is a scapegoat but he and particularly those politicians defending him are hypocrites. It's hard to see how Hancock condemned that Prof yet defends Cummings.

Slightly different circumstances Dr M. If Cummings & his wife actually segregated themselves in an annexe at his parents home and isolated for the correct time then they have followed the advice. The distance travelled frankly is a red herring. As for getting in a nanny to look after the child while they isolated in the same house then that seems to me more dangerous than the scenario outlined above. 

It is fascinating to see how some condemn the media for the treatment of Corbyn and somehow feel that Cummings and his wife are fair game. Funny old world. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 11:59am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Slightly different circumstances Dr M. If Cummings & his wife actually segregated themselves in an annexe at his parents home and isolated for the correct time then they have followed the advice. The distance travelled frankly is a red herring. As for getting in a nanny to look after the child while they isolated in the same house then that seems to me more dangerous than the scenario outlined above. 

It is fascinating to see how some condemn the media for the treatment of Corbyn and somehow feel that Cummings and his wife are fair game. Funny old world. 
there are more reports of him and his wife at a beauty spot 30 miles from his parents house with little boy,it's arrogant and insulting to the intelligence of the vast number of the population,like beckham and Gordon ramsey doing whatever the **** they want in 2nd homes.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:28pm
He may get away with this...but he and Rees-Mogg are amongst the most (justifiably) loathed people I've ever seen in the higher echelons of the political arena.

It's not their policies, it's just their persona that just grates the average citizen's bolts.
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

He may get away with this...but he and Rees-Mogg are amongst the most (justifiably) loathed people I've ever seen in the higher echelons of the political arena.

It's not their policies, it's just their persona that just grates the average citizen's bolts.

I would completely disagree with what you say i.e. Jacob Rees-Mogg, I find him to be very popular, and surprisingly so amongst younger people too (including some who would never vote Conservative yet find him a fascinating and amusing character). There was a bit of a rumble around the time of the General Election over his comments over Grenfell, but I think that was a rare occasion of poor wording on his part and the media pounced on it.
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:05pm
Also when did we start assuming that allegations made in newspapers are always true?
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

Also when did we start assuming that allegations made in newspapers are always true?

They are hardly allegations if No10 have released a statement defending Cummins' trip to Durham, and explaining why he went there.
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

They are hardly allegations if No10 have released a statement defending Cummins' trip to Durham, and explaining why he went there.

Yes but unless I'm mistaken isn't the largest part of the row now about an alleged second trip, which No.10 have denied. He's not going to lose his job over his initial visit, No.10 have stated that the trip was made with the safety of a young child in mind. However if the second allegation was true it would raise more questions and potentially make it much more difficult for the government to brush under the carpet.

Edited by N14 - 24 May 2020 at 1:21pm
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:22pm
You are mistaken.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:45pm

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Yes but unless I'm mistaken isn't the largest part of the row now about an alleged second trip, which No.10 have denied. He's not going to lose his job over his initial visit, No.10 have stated that the trip was made with the safety of a young child in mind. However if the second allegation was true it would raise more questions and potentially make it much more difficult for the government to brush under the carpet.

There seems to have been a 'cover up' by No 10 over the first confirmed visit.

1. Police have NOT spoken to a member of his family. Durham Police say they did speak to Cummins's father about the visit. Not sure how others view the position, but I would definitely count my father as a member of my family.

2. He was seen away from his parents property on the first confirmed visit. No 10 has made no mention of that.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:52pm
Isn’t this second trip all based around a member of the public who saw him? The guy was in the wrong but that’s like a Viz headline. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 305>
  Share Topic