Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 305>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 12:06pm
Masks are much more on point and a value addition.

The group of 6 is wide open to contradiction and scrutiny.

Schools, planes, restaurants, workplaces, supermarkets, public transport, all drive a coach and horses through it.

Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 1:45pm
RCT in local lockdown.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 2:51pm
I think the rule of 6 is pretty straight forward to understand. The problem is that I think the government is between a rock and a hard place. They’re trying to keep pubs etc open which people see as contradictory. The basis is that those establishments adhere to strict rules. 
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 6:04pm
I think the rules on the whole are fairly ok, as although everyone might not see it there does need to be a balance between virus control and economy. What is scandalous in England however is that grouse shooting counts as an official exemption to the rules. Without getting too party political, that seems a clear case of the Tories looking after their own, as there is no reason, economically or in terms of virus control why gathering in a park with 6 others is unsuitable while gathering with 29 others to go grouse shooting is ok. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

I think the rules on the whole are fairly ok, as although everyone might not see it there does need to be a balance between virus control and economy. What is scandalous in England however is that grouse shooting counts as an official exemption to the rules. Without getting too party political, that seems a clear case of the Tories looking after their own, as there is no reason, economically or in terms of virus control why gathering in a park with 6 others is unsuitable while gathering with 29 others to go grouse shooting is ok. 

Well, you wouldn't want the b*ggers to starve, even if they are Tories - they have to eat!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2020 at 7:52am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Well, you wouldn't want the b*ggers to starve, even if they are Tories - they have to eat!

Lets not commit to thatWink just yet Aber.Wink
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2020 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

A lot of the negativity with regards to group gatherings has been targeted at the younger generation, and rightly so. However, whilst driving on the way home last night, the local running club by me were all out running together along the main road. Must have been 15 - 20 people all running in close quarters, no social distancing what so ever! Shocked 

The rules here are no gatherings greater than 6 people inside or out, unless in a Covid controlled environment. It begs belief! ShockedShockedShocked

30 allowed outdoors

in wales not england,maybe be covered under organised sport.

If its an official club it would fall under those rules however at our rugby club the current rules are maximum of 20 on a pitch at one time for max of 15mins with smaller cohorts of 6 on another 60 x 20 area with a coach. I would imagine the running club would have guidlines which by the sound of things they weren't following
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2020 at 9:35am
Should be an interesting day in the UK
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2020 at 9:45am
Interesting is spot on Wil. Action has to be taken but getting the balance between controlling this pandemic and keeping the economy afloat is well nigh an impossible task. I don't quite understand what help a curfew for hospitality will be. The testing fiasco which is with us now is only going to muddy the waters. 
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2020 at 11:46am
Plans to allow fans back into stadiums in October has already been put on hold Cry

Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2020 at 11:47am
Plans to allow fans back into stadiums in October has already been put on hold today:

Scarlets!!!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2020 at 12:53pm
I’m still stunned there are brainless idiots still in denial. I do hope they or loved ones get Covid and get it bad. 
Hendre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hendre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2020 at 1:32pm
Wishing illness on anyone isn’t clever! Embarrassing. 
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Zig Ziglar
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2020 at 1:41pm

I’m still stunned there are brainless idiots still in denial. I do hope they or loved ones get Covid and get it bad. 
Mate that’s going too far 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2020 at 1:44pm

Jeez, a tad harsh there fella!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2020 at 2:34pm
I'm just gutted that things appear to have taken a back step. The new season being upon us had at least some hope of some fans being able to attend games. With us having a large capacity stadium that we don't fill week in week out, opening the entire stadium to be able to practice a covid-secure environment (however many fans would be allowed in at any one time), was a real possibility.

Now though CryCryCry
Scarlets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 305>
  Share Topic