Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 305>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 4:48pm
Ian Hislop on HIGNFY took Cummings to the cleaners, don't think I've seen him so angry. I know people now view this as old news but it is still someone high up in the workings of our government (arguably the top) involved in our nation's response to this who has demonstrated to be a proven liar with utter contempt for the public.
Sponsored Links

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

1557 positive tests and 204 deaths today.

Population of UK is 66.65 million, France 66.99.

GDP: UK 2.8 trillion USD, France 2.778 trillion USD.

Lockdown start dates: UK 23rd March, France 16th March.

Total cases (deaths): UK 284,868 (40,465) France 153,055 (29,111).

Deaths 4th June: UK 357, France 44. 

Macron: “Were we prepared for this crisis? On the face of it, not enough. But we coped,” 

Johnson: “I take full responsibility for everything this government has been doing in tackling coronavirus, and I’m very proud of our record."
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Ian Hislop on HIGNFY took Cummings to the cleaners, don't think I've seen him so angry. I know people now view this as old news but it is still someone high up in the workings of our government (arguably the top) involved in our nation's response to this who has demonstrated to be a proven liar with utter contempt for the public.
cummins is a disgracre he should be sacked. As for ian hislop if he doesn’t condemn these protests hes a spineless hypocrite, lets wait and see if he does
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I have no time for anything that turns violent but racism exists,a black guy was on tv the other morning who was either a doctor or a nurse in a London hospital he has been stopped by police on the way to work 4 times yet not one of his white colleagues had been stopped once.

Jesse Ventura, who was once the mayor of another town in Minesotta, tells of a black friend of his, who told him before getting into his car he takes out his driving licence, wallet, keys, insurance etc and places them carefully on the dashboard. Why? Because he's frequently stopped by the cops, and they're so trigger happy that he's afraid that if he's seen going to his jacket or pocket, they'll interpret that as going for a gun, and shoot first and ask questions later. On average,e in the US, 24 people a day die in police arrest, or shortly afterwards. Obviously not all these are black or die under suspicious circumstances, but it's still a ridiculously high number to have innocent explanations for.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 5:40pm
Jessie the body the old wrestling guy, hes tops in predator with arnie👍
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Last 3 thursdays

May 14th - 3,446 new cases and 428 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]
May 7th - 5,614 new cases and 539 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]
April 30th - 6,032 new cases and 674 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]

Last 3 wednesdays

May 13th - 3,242 new cases and 494 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]
May 6th - 6,111 new cases and 649 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]
April 29th - 4,076 new cases and 795 new deaths

Last 3 Tuesdays

May 12th - 3,403 new cases and 627 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]
may 5th - 4,406 new cases and 693 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]
April 28th - 3,996 new cases and 909 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]

Last 3 Mondays 

May 11th - 3,877 new cases and 210 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]
May 4th - 3,985 new cases and 288 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]
April 27th 4,309 new cases and 338 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]

Last 3 Sundays

May 10th - 3,923 new cases and 268 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]
May 3rd - 4,339 new cases and 315 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]
April 26th - 4,463 new cases and 420 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]

Last 3 Saturdays

May 9th -3,896 new cases and 346 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]
may 2nd - 4,806 new cases and 621 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]
April 25th - 4,913 new cases and 843 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]

Last 3 Fridays

May 8th -  4,649 new cases and 626 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]
may 1st - 6,201 new cases and 739 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]
April 24th - 5,386 new cases and 1,005 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]

I make it that in the last week (The last 7 days)
2999 people have died with covid 
Thats an average of 428 people per day)

In the previous 7 days to that
3844 people have died of covid (845 more. Thats 22% more)
Thats 549 people per day

In the previous 7 days to that
4984 people have died of covid (1140 more. Again thats 22% more)
Thats 712 people per day

IF we can keep reducing it by 22% it would take about 9 weeks at this rate to get the total deaths per week below 100 per week

On the same measurements as above, friday to friday 7 days 1658 people have sadly passed away with covid

i figured that the number of deaths was falling 22% every week for 4 weeks before we eased lockdown 3 weeks ago

If we had stayed on course in lockdown at the same 22% weekly fall, it  should have seen 600 fewer deaths in week 1 totalling 2399 deaths per week

480 fewer deaths in week 2 totalling 1919 deaths per week

Then 384 fewer deaths in week 3 Leaving 1535 per week by week 3. A total fall of 48%.

But the actual figure is 1658 deaths after week 3, which is 123 more people over 3 weeks than the figure may have been in lockdown

In reality after 3 weeks the fall overall is from 2999 to 1658 people is a 45% fall overall, thats 18% drop per week instead of 22%

Previously in lockdown it should have taken 10 weeks to get to below 100 deaths a week

At this rate it would take 18 weeks (3 previous and more 15 weeks) to get the deaths to below 100 per week

Theres a few variables, like far more tests per day now (over 220,000 on average) and antibody tests and way more ppe, the track trace app in a few weeks and daily fall in infections. Airport quarantines too. So we hope all that and social distancing and more face covers, can somehow speed up the reduction in deaths.

Edited by roy munster - 06 June 2020 at 6:39pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 6:48pm

I’ve been a huge HIGNFY fan since it started.

NEVER have I seen such collective outrage across all panelists and host. 

The episode was equally brilliant for humour and significance. Anyone not seen it would do well to catch up on iplayer or similar.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

The episode was equally brilliant for humour and significance. Anyone not seen it would do well to catch up on iplayer or similar.

Its become dreadfully predictable, far fewer watch it anymore.
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 7:10pm

It's an echo chamber of lefties
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 7:13pm

what's your thoughts are n labour mp Barry Gardner ? Another labour mp ignoring the rules
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 7:44pm
Lest we forget all the veterans 75th year commemorations were cancelled to respect social distancing

Heres just 1 of these legends , 93 year old harry billinge, who wasnt able to attend the commemorations though he desperately wanted to. Instead he was interviewed , he told a remarkable story of a soldier who died in his arms and told how this soldier had mentioned he had a wife and new born child at home. The BBC managed to find this baby, who was now 77 years old and they spoke on the web cams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmt1NSNwz3c Harry told him his father lived on in our hearts.

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 8:19pm

Lest we forget all the veterans 75th year commemorations were cancelled to respect social distancing

Heres just 1 of these legends , 93 year old harry billinge, who wasnt able to attend the commemorations though he desperately wanted to. Instead he was interviewed , he told a remarkable story of a soldier who died in his arms and told how this soldier had mentioned he had a wife and new born child at home. The BBC managed to find this baby, who was now 77 years old and they spoke on the web cams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmt1NSNwz3c Harry told him his father lived on in our hearts.

Brilliant. If only the media made more effort to find the good news stories...
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Be that as it may, have you ever seen such a reaction across the whole programme?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 8:55pm

Be that as it may, have you ever seen such a reaction across the whole programme?

Did anyone criticize the mass protests spreading masses of disease , attacking police and their horses, people dying amidst the violence, a black police officer killed in st louis by looters amidst the protests? 100s of shops destroyed, smashing up properties, carrying flares, etc etc No? I didnt think so. Theres the so called balanced bbc at work again. 

Edited by roy munster - 06 June 2020 at 8:55pm
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 8:55pm

what's your thoughts are n labour mp Barry Gardner ? Another labour mp ignoring the rules

And your view on this?

greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 10:12pm
Anyone know if the Scarlets are going to get non surgical face masks produced for sale to the public.  There should be a huge demand from supporters.  I'm willing to bet we'll soon see Osprey masks around Parc Trostre. 🤔

Keep the faith
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 305>
  Share Topic