Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will the pro 14 be cancelled due to Covid-19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will the pro 14 be cancelled due to Covid-19
    Posted: 11 March 2020 at 2:31pm
Just a thought with the virus causing havoc, the Italian sides season looks all but over. Throw into the mix the SA sides plus the travelling to and from Ireland it really is looking grim.
Experts are saying the virus will peak in the next 2-3 weeks  if there is a suspension of fixtures (which is looking more likely by the day)  , there is no way we will be able to get all these games in

I really can't see anyway this season will get finished

What happens if the league is suspended do teams get placed on where they are?

In the grand scheme of things rugby isn't that important but this could have a huge impact on clubs finances

Edited by RR1972 - 11 March 2020 at 2:34pm
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 2:57pm
2-3 weeks???? Now I read that it would take 3 months to reach its peak and a further 3 months to end. Months rather than weeks is more in line with what happened in China. Yet more conflicting news. Either way all sporting competitions are in trouble. 
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 5:24pm
I'll be honest. I don't necessarily care about the season getting finished. But what would be more concerning is the impact that would have on regions financially. That's a lot of revenue down the drain and I can't imagine there is any insurance cover for a pandemic. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

I'll be honest. I don't necessarily care about the season getting finished. But what would be more concerning is the impact that would have on regions financially. That's a lot of revenue down the drain and I can't imagine there is any insurance cover for a pandemic. 
I think the current situation is slightly more serious than our finances next season.
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I think the current situation is slightly more serious than our finances next season.

This is a rugby forum and the thread is about what will happen to the league due to the virus. 

There is another off topic thread about the virus if you want to show your sympathies and talk about the intricacies of virus containment. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Just a thought with the virus causing havoc, the Italian sides season looks all but over. Throw into the mix the SA sides plus the travelling to and from Ireland it really is looking grim.
Experts are saying the virus will peak in the next 2-3 weeks  if there is a suspension of fixtures (which is looking more likely by the day)  , there is no way we will be able to get all these games in

I really can't see anyway this season will get finished

What happens if the league is suspended do teams get placed on where they are?

In the grand scheme of things rugby isn't that important but this could have a huge impact on clubs finances

Should that be the case and our game in Connacht goes ahead, we've got to win to get Champions Cup next year.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 5:33pm

This is a rugby forum and the thread is about what will happen to the league due to the virus. 

There is another off topic thread about the virus if you want to show your sympathies and talk about the intricacies of virus containment. 
apologies,i will give my sympathies to the 4377 (and rising) that have died so far on the other non rugby virus thread.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 6:27pm
Could we have break and maybe finish it in  the summer, or at least finish from play off stages 
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 7:13pm

apologies,i will give my sympathies to the 4377 (and rising) that have died so far on the other non rugby virus thread.
well said , let's live in the real world . Who cares about money and revenue . 
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
Blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 11:36pm
16,000 people died of the flu in 2019, 10 million of cancer. This is a rugby section. Surely as awful as that is it's not relevant in this section?
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2020 at 12:49am
Originally posted by SAV SAV wrote:

well said , let's live in the real world . Who cares about money and revenue . 

Thousands more die of hunger, malaria, aids in Africa alone. But I'm still going to post on the rugby forum about rugby related things. 

Not going to lie, it seems that now it's happening to a first world country we should all care!
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2020 at 7:39am
Of course the most important thing is the human factor, but I think perfectly reasonable to discuss how this virus will affect the Scarlets and our season as it's causing such large impact on travel and very likely social events. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2020 at 8:49am
Complaining about a topic going off on a tangent? Crack on everyone it happens all the time. I think people need to take the virus a bit more seriously. 
whataguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whataguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2020 at 9:27am
We all need to stop believing what the television says.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2020 at 9:32am
Originally posted by whataguy whataguy wrote:

So if we beat Toulon I shouldn't believe it as I'll be watching it on tv?? LOLLOL

I'll be honest, I think the outbreak was a deliberate act by the Chinese Government as they couldn't do anything against the protests in Hong Kong. The protests were headline news most days towards the tail end of last year & following the outbreak they (the protestors) can't gather anymore.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2020 at 10:36am
Originally posted by whataguy whataguy wrote:

You mean the figures are wrong?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic