Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets daily poser ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 38394041>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2020 at 10:16pm
89 93 and 97
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Sponsored Links

Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2020 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Ieuan was one I think
Correct.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2020 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Rob Hunt Rob Hunt wrote:

Only seven players have played in winning Lions teams against New Zealand, South Africa and Australia. Who were the two Llanelli players? The other 5 comprised a Welsh player, 3 English and 1 Irish.
jj or benny

Edited by RR1972 - 10 April 2020 at 11:53pm
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 10:24am
Originally posted by TurkQuay TurkQuay wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

The Good Friday question,what is  the connection with  this XV.

15,Sanjay
  14, Daf James
  13,Foxy
  12,Regan  King
  11,Bernard Thomas
  10,Stevo
  9,Jonny Griffiths 
  1,Sean Gale 
  2,Norman Gale
  3,Huw Williams-Jones 
  4.Phil Davies
  5,Dai Hodges
  6,Emyr Lewis
 8,Scott Quinnell
7,Mark Perego

Two stints with the Club ? 

(Played for Llanelli, left, and came back ?).

Well Done spot on!!!
TurkQuay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurkQuay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 11:37am

Only seven players have played in winning Lions teams against New Zealand, South Africa and Australia. Who were the two Llanelli players? The other 5 comprised a Welsh player, 3 English and 1 Irish.

I think Ieuan is one (he went on 3 tours and I think he won at least one Test match on each). Can't think of the other. I don't think it was Delme (even though he went on 3 tours), and Benny only went on 2 Tours, and I don't think DQ toured Australia.

AWJ is the Welshman. Martin Johnson has to be one of the Englishmen (I think he's beaten NZ 5 times), and Guscott, and maybe Jason Leonard. Don't know the Irishman but the obvious guesses are Willie John McBryde and Mike Gibson (5 Tours each ?), but they lost a lot of their Lions Test matches. 

Great question.
TurkQuay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurkQuay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 11:39am

The Good Friday question,what is  the connection with  this XV.

15,Sanjay
  14, Daf James
  13,Foxy
  12,Regan  King
  11,Bernard Thomas
  10,Stevo
  9,Jonny Griffiths 
  1,Sean Gale 
  2,Norman Gale
  3,Huw Williams-Jones 
  4.Phil Davies
  5,Dai Hodges
  6,Emyr Lewis
 8,Scott Quinnell
7,Mark Perego

Two stints with the Club ? 

(Played for Llanelli, left, and came back ?).

Well Done spot on!!!

Thanks. Great question. I'm going to have to come up with one of your 'Connection XV' questions Smile,
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 11:42am
Lions question---Irish player Willie John.

Scarlets player--RH Williams

England---Dickie Jeeps

Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 11:51am
Another Englishman Jerry Guscott
TurkQuay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurkQuay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 12:12pm
Which Wales U19, Wales U21, Wales 'A' and 1 cap Welsh International, played 4 games for the Scarlets in 2003 ?.

Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 12:13pm

I think Ieuan is one (he went on 3 tours and I think he won at least one Test match on each). Can't think of the other. I don't think it was Delme (even though he went on 3 tours), and Benny only went on 2 Tours, and I don't think DQ toured Australia.

AWJ is the Welshman. Martin Johnson has to be one of the Englishmen (I think he's beaten NZ 5 times), and Guscott, and maybe Jason Leonard. Don't know the Irishman but the obvious guesses are Willie John McBryde and Mike Gibson (5 Tours each ?), but they lost a lot of their Lions Test matches. 

Great question.
Ieuan Evans and R. H. Williams are the 2 Llanelli players.
You’re correct with AWJ and the 3 English players.
Still missing the Irish player
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 12:26pm
Missing Irishman

Tom Kiernan or Syd Miller
Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Missing Irishman

Tom Kiernan or Syd Miller
Try again.
TurkQuay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurkQuay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 12:30pm

Great question.
Ieuan Evans and R. H. Williams are the 2 Llanelli players.
You’re correct with AWJ and the 3 English players.
Still missing the Irish player
Thanks.
I should have got RH Unhappy (I think he played in 10 Test matches for the Lions !!).
Don't know the Irishman. Must be someone else from the 50's or 60's. The only players I can think of are Tom Kiernan, Sid Miller and Tony O'Riley. 

Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 12:39pm
It’s Tony O’Reilly. He played in the same ten tests as R H Williams;
South Africa 1955, Australia and New Zealand 1959.
Question 
Which Llanelli player played 2 matches against the All Blacks and both matches ended in 9 - 3 wins?
What was the second match? 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 12:48pm
Chico Hopkins?
TurkQuay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurkQuay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 12:50pm

It’s Tony O’Reilly. He played in the same ten tests as R H Williams;
South Africa 1955, Australia and New Zealand 1959.
Question 
Which Llanelli player played 2 matches against the All Blacks and both matches ended in 9 - 3 wins?
What was the second match? 
Thanks.
I think Tony O'Riley still holds some try scoring records for the Lions (most tries in a match, or a Test, or a series). Lovely man, very charming, and I think he ended up a multi millionaire or even a billionaire !!.

I think DQ has beaten the All Blacks 4 times so I'll go for him in a Lions Test in 1971 or 1977.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 38394041>
  Share Topic