Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets daily poser ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Chico Hopkins?
Correct. Which was the second game?
Sponsored Links

Roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Rob Hunt Rob Hunt wrote:

Chico Hopkins?

Lions 1971 
Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 1:07pm
It was the first test in 1971, when he came on as a replacement for Gareth Edwards. Probably the most successful replacement in International rugby history. His only Welsh cap was as a replacement at Twickenham in 1970 when he turned the game for us.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by TurkQuay TurkQuay wrote:

It’s Tony O’Reilly. He played in the same ten tests as R H Williams;
South Africa 1955, Australia and New Zealand 1959.
Question 
Which Llanelli player played 2 matches against the All Blacks and both matches ended in 9 - 3 wins?
What was the second match? 
Thanks.
I think Tony O'Riley still holds some try scoring records for the Lions (most tries in a match, or a Test, or a series). Lovely man, very charming, and I think he ended up a multi millionaire or even a billionaire !!.

I think DQ has beaten the All Blacks 4 times so I'll go for him in a Lions Test in 1971 or 1977.

I think I'm right in saying that DQ beat the AB's on the first 3 occasions he played against them, Lions 71, 9-3, and the Ba Baas game.
Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by TurkQuay TurkQuay wrote:

It’s Tony O’Reilly. He played in the same ten tests as R H Williams;
South Africa 1955, Australia and New Zealand 1959.
Question 
Which Llanelli player played 2 matches against the All Blacks and both matches ended in 9 - 3 wins?
What was the second match? 
Thanks.
I think Tony O'Riley still holds some try scoring records for the Lions (most tries in a match, or a Test, or a series). Lovely man, very charming, and I think he ended up a multi millionaire or even a billionaire !!.

I think DQ has beaten the All Blacks 4 times so I'll go for him in a Lions Test in 1971 or 1977.

I think I'm right in saying that DQ beat the AB's on the first 3 occasions he played against them, Lions 71, 9-3, and the Ba Baas game.
I wish you were correct, but unfortunately his third game against the All Blacks was for Wales in December 1972 when we lost 19-16.
This was the last appearance on a rugby pitch for a certain Keith Murdoch.
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 1:23pm
And Chico scored a try on his wales debut.  His performance that day was outstanding and changed the game 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Roger Roger wrote:

Chico Hopkins?

Lions 1971 
For Llanelli in 1972
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 3:46pm
Tony O Reilly owned Heinz I'm almost sure
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 3:50pm

Yes he did. 
Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

He was CEO and chairman of Heinz. If people hadn’t got the answer I was thinking of giving the clue that you have 57 guesses for the answer. I’m old enough to remember the advert.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 9:50pm

Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

He was CEO and chairman of Heinz. If people hadn’t got the answer I was thinking of giving the clue that you have 57 guesses for the answer. I’m old enough to remember the advert.

Did you know, that the '57' is placed on the bottle neck as the best spot to tap in order to get sauce out quicker, and more efficiently.
Scarlets before Wales
TurkQuay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurkQuay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 2:14pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
  Share Topic