Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sir Keir Starmer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 30>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2020 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Labour haven't got a clue different ministers saying different things, Burnham gas now been exposed as a liar with his staged finding out on live TV lol

I think it's always going to be the case different people will have different opinions on it. Leadership is listening to those opinions and deciding the best course of action. It's silly, I hear people saying things like "well, if scientists have different views that means we don't really know which is best, do we?". This ignores the concept that scientists frequently have different views but at least rely on facts (or, more correctly, evidence) to back them up and often (eventually) a consensus is reached.

My personal opinion is that too much weight is given to personal opinions at this point in history. You can always find a view on both sides of an argument, claim or news story - doesn't mean they have equal merit whatsoever. The BBC and media in general have fallen into the trap of prioritising balance and entertainment over factual accuracy, evidence and logic. Why? Because the latter is boring and doesn't make good telly or a good story or tweet or whatever. 

I agree about the bbc and the lack of basic factual accuracy and evidence...surely that should come first followed by opinion based on the facts. Some so called facts are harder to corroborate with economic predictions etc

dont you think its utterly bozarre that Uk has built over 40,000 new hospital beds and used virtually none of them to quarantine covid infected patients?
I believe it’s down to staffing issues. If they were used the hospitals would become unsafe because of staff shortage. Obviously that would be the least worst option if the hospitals were overwhelmed during a peak of the pandemic but otherwise my guess would be that we’d need more NHS staff before using the field hospitals to clear up waiting lists or treat any covid patients that needed any treatment.

But the hospitals are half empty? 25 million plus cancelled procedures in 7 months
I know a chap who had heart surgery in carmarthenshire during lockdown, he was the only man in the ward throughout his stay
In addition the fact they are putting covid patients in nhs wards has seen the virus spread throughout hospitals and has infected both patients and staff thus hitting staff numbers

The whole point of spending billions on 40,000+ new hospital beds was to ease the pressure on the nhs, it has done nothing of the kind
Further over 20,000 doctors and nurses were recruited or pulled out of retirement to fight this outbreak....Surely at least some of these could be staffed at the field hospitals. There are 1 million volunteers available to help with the various tasks involved in setting up and running these field hospitals. 
The govt in all 4 home nations has said virtually nothing about these field hospitals for several months thus leaving us all guessing

Edited by roy munster - 22 October 2020 at 11:56pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 4:20am
you should have read the piece in the mirror yesterday showing the companies awarded £1billion pounds worth of contracts during covid,every one of them with links to tory peers or ministers and all of them tory donors,shameful.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 7:19am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

you should have read the piece in the mirror yesterday showing the companies awarded £1billion pounds worth of contracts during covid,every one of them with links to tory peers or ministers and all of them tory donors,shameful.

That's shocking if true. There have been other stories about this and SKS brought it up at PMQs this week so it is a known thing but are enough people listening?

I am also sure there are decent Tories somewhere who must be disgusted as well. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 7:28am

That's shocking if true. There have been other stories about this and SKS brought it up at PMQs this week so it is a known thing but are enough people listening?

randox laborotories £133 million -coronovirus testing-£100 k to owen patterson for advising,
Meller designs £90.9 million-hand sanitiser/face masks-david meller donated £65000 in 10 years and donated to gove's failed leadership bid.
 the list goes on but i have to go to work.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 8:53am

randox laborotories £133 million -coronovirus testing-£100 k to owen patterson for advising,
Meller designs £90.9 million-hand sanitiser/face masks-david meller donated £65000 in 10 years and donated to gove's failed leadership bid.
 the list goes on but i have to go to work.

That their corruption isn't a national scandal says something pretty damning about the state of our democracy at present. Or "democracy" so I can be edgy and cool.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 6:04pm
Absolutely appalling profiteering , in the midst of a pandemic its unforgivable. why isnt starmer drawing more attention to this ? arent there STILL laws about vested / conflicting interests/insider dealing ?

One interesting tale yesterday, some welsh trains being renationalised 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 7:03pm
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 10:00pm
[QUOTE=ap sior] How about this for perversion and corruption???

[/QUOTE
The not independent a Saudi owned paper lol.
Why isn't any paper reporting on Nancy Polosi trying to bring in amendment to remove a president who they don't think is pyshically or mentally upto the job
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2020 at 9:46am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

How about this for perversion and corruption???

Or if we go back to the recent story over charging consultants 6-8k a day for NHS track and trace which generated widespread outcry. And who was appointed the Tory anti-corruption champion in 2019?

John Penrose, the husband of Dido Harding who is in charge of track and trace.

Edited by dr_martinov - 29 October 2020 at 9:48am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 10:20am
The return of foot in mouth disease.

"Boris Johnson 'called Scottish devolution disaster'"

Wonder if we can go one day without something like this going on at the moment. Or is it just constant media gossip?
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 10:24am

Wonder if we can go one day without something like this going on at the moment. Or is it just constant media gossip?
it's not gossip there were 60 people in the room,jenryck tried to defend him on GMB now that ministers are appearing on programme after a 202 day boycott.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 10:35am
Looking at it from a Westminster perspective it has been a disaster. A totally fair comment in my mind. Devolved Government which the Labour party brought it did not equate, at that time, to Independence. They have already had a referendum which, at the time, was labelled a once in a generation vote yet that is all we hear from the Scottish government. 
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 10:36am
Boris is doing a better job campaigning for Scottish and Welsh independence than any of the leaders of those movements could ever do. I’m sure we’ll hear the SNP using this quote all through the election campaign, it’s absolutely gold dust for them.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 10:40am

it's not gossip there were 60 people in the room,jenryck tried to defend him on GMB now that ministers are appearing on programme after a 202 day boycott.

I find it very hard to find facts at the moment in honesty with you. The BBC quickly shoves the completely unwanted Laura Kunessberg blog in your face (she is a one-woman army of self-promotion to make up for a lack of journalism skills). 

Maybe a better way is saying I wonder if this is the media getting sidelined or even distraction tactics from lockdown and that we are now getting very close to actual brexitting.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 10:42am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Looking at it from a Westminster perspective it has been a disaster. A totally fair comment in my mind. Devolved Government which the Labour party brought it did not equate, at that time, to Independence. They have already had a referendum which, at the time, was labelled a once in a generation vote yet that is all we hear from the Scottish government. 
sorry gareth have to disagree,when wales went into circuit break they asked for furlough to carry on for the duration of it and westminster refused,when lockdown was announced in england he decided to carry it on,they look down on wales and scotland and have done for centuries.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Boris is doing a better job campaigning for Scottish and Welsh independence than any of the leaders of those movements could ever do. I’m sure we’ll hear the SNP using this quote all through the election campaign, it’s absolutely gold dust for them.

If it is political/media distraction from the impending chaos I still think brexit will be, then you really do wonder what the future of Scotland and the Union is.

On the other hand, nothing ever changes by staying the same - David Brent. I think I would prefer if he were in charge right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 30>
  Share Topic