Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sione Kalamafoni

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sione Kalamafoni
    Posted: 15 April 2020 at 8:36pm
    The signing of Sione Kalamafoni going to be finalised on a 3 year deal in next day or so .
Sponsored Links

stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 8:45pm
There is a rugby video programme on YouTube confirming this.  Our new addition was being seriously lauded. I know that Leicester didn’t want him to go.  Let’s hope his concussion issues are totally resolved - I fear blades career is probably over 
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 8:46pm
I like the look of him. Just the type of backrow we need to push others for starting places. Just praying he is over his injury.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 8:54pm
Thanks mark. Good signing. Will give us go forward
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

There is a rugby video programme on YouTube confirming this.  Our new addition was being seriously lauded. I know that Leicester didn’t want him to go.  Let’s hope his concussion issues are totally resolved - I fear blades career is probably over 
No there is no video programme on YouTube confirming it. It’s a complete rip off from a Rugby Paper exclusive which was reported a month ago. Blade’s career is not over

Edited by scarletnut - 15 April 2020 at 8:55pm
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 9:00pm
What's the name of the program stradeyscarlet? 
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

The signing of Sione Kalamafoni going to be finalised on a 3 year deal in next day or so .

Seems a bit of a long term deal for a 32 year old who prior to lockdown was looking at 3 months out with concussion. Having said that the likes of Molitika and Nick Williams have done wonders for the Blues and Ospreys at the same stages of their career.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 9:04pm
That will be a good signings if he’s expected to make a full recovery from his recent concussion.  He’s someone who can get over the gain line through his sheer size and strength and will allow us to play the weather conditions and opposition a bit better.  Having him and Cassiem available throughout the season (injuries permitting) would also be great.
I will look forward to seeing him performing next season, we will have some bulk in the forwards next season and by the time his contract runs out hopefully Carwyn will be ready to step up.
I believe that he could be a very shrewd Signing for the club, he’s the ball carrying n8 we’ve been waiting for since the days of Ben Morgan and David Lyons and it bides us time whilst Carwyn matures.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 9:27pm
I never said the programme mentioned anything about blade - as I’ve previously commented, it’s looking that way.  I hope I’m wrong. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 9:35pm
Sorry can’t find it again. Was on Facebook something like rugby addicts 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 9:37pm
No probs. Thanks for the info
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2020 at 9:28am
so kalamafoni looks like its going through, and with the other rumoured signings of johnny Williams and tyler morgan we have I think 3 good players coming in.
would think we may be looking at a tight head prop to come in too. and it depends on how foxey is recovering we may go for a nwq player in the centre.
interesting what will happened with blade, I hope he stays and is fit, but I cant see it with kalamafoni coming in too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2020 at 9:45am
He’ll probably replace blade - I’d like to see joe Thomas come in as well. He’s got experience from the English premiership , so that’s a bonus for us. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2020 at 10:15am
If those 3 signings mentioned go ahead it will boost our test window side with 3 starters & give us ball carrying ability with Kalamafoni & Williams - so decent business I would say. A top quality tight head now and I, demanding bugger that I am, will be satisfied. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2020 at 11:20am
feel the same GPR, tight head and I think we will have done well.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2020 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

Neither did Gloucester, highly rated him.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic