Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Return to Club format

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

B and i lge makes too much sense not too happen. If not cvc wouldn’t invest if we back to clubs pro rugby is dead in wales

Can't ever see a return to club structure in Wales - regions or nothing. 

I think people have taken Jiffy a little out of context.

If the Pro14 cannot function because of all the cross border travelling for 12 months, what should the players do? Go on loan, just train OR play for the clubs (as the All blacks players do during their club season on occasions)?

The option wasnt meant to be a permanent solution, just a way to keep players match fit while they may not have a league to play in.

I dont know why do many have jumped down his throat, what options can you offer IF the Pro 14 cannot function for 12 months?
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

B and i lge makes too much sense not too happen. If not cvc wouldn’t invest if we back to clubs pro rugby is dead in wales

If the Pro14 cannot function because of all the cross border travelling for 12 months, what should the players do? Go on loan, just train OR play for the clubs (as the All blacks players do during their club season on occasions)?

The option wasnt meant to be a permanent solution, just a way to keep players match fit while they may not have a league to play in.

I dont know why do many have jumped down his throat, what options can you offer IF the Pro 14 cannot function for 12 months?
Bankruptcy
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Originally posted by Rob Hunt Rob Hunt wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I don't think there's ever been a better opportunity for an anglo welsh league.
I suspect that the WRU is tied into  binding agreements with the other unions involved with the Pro 14, so unfortunately I can’t see it happening.

Covid 19 doesnt care about them.

If the premiership in football are losing hundreds of millions in money from signed agreements, the pro 14s agreements are certainly also vulnerable.

How can we ever get a league with travel to Italy and South africa viable in this current global climate?

Whilst I agree a welsh domestic league wouldnt be the solution, its the perfect time to revamp both the english and welsh domestic game.

The fact Brad moar only used the word club multiple times in his goodbye speech is reflective of where and how the club sees itself moving forward.

Regions are dead.

Long live this wonderful illustrious club of ours.
can't for the life of me see the point of having them in the league
They gave every club a fair whack for entering.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Bankruptcy
Beautiful throwaway comment.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 1:01pm
I doubt well see a pro 14 again tbh
A round robin of welsh regional games is likely the only rugby well get in the next 6 months

Along with international games

We don't seem to have any idea of a return to contact training let alone playing any games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic