Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

John Barclay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote llanfam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Barclay
    Posted: 09 May 2020 at 6:17pm
I understand that he has been release from Edinburgh, so he may be a useful addition to our coaching team?
When we eventually resume!
Sponsored Links

PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 5:36pm
Love that idea 
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
Maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 7:21pm
That would be brilliant (bearing in mind his kids are now Welsh speakers).
Give Blood, Play Rugby
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:00pm
wasn't this discussed on another thread a few weeks ago?
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:27pm
It was indeed. I know that it’s all pie in the sky but John would be a great acquisition 
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:37pm
Absolutely, would love to see John back at Y Parc! ClapClapClap
Scarlets!!!
swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:41pm
John would be great but I was led to believe that he wanted to return to Scotland to coach up there maybe I am wrong.
west is best.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 9:16pm
Now that Ioan has been confirmed as leaving, it does open up the opportunity for John to come here.

Could be a great coach IMO.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:05pm
A player coach contract may clinch it.  I believe that JB feels that he has another season (possibly 2) in him as a player.
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:32pm
Isn’t Richard Kelly coming in?
Maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 8:22am
I don't want be to stupid, but who's Richard Kelly?
Give Blood, Play Rugby
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 8:54am
Ex player for us, been coaching in the Premiership with Quins over the last few seasons. He's also been coaching our lineouts from time to time, and been involved with our LV teams.

His mind set and approach reminds me of Stephen Jones, a real student of the game.
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 9:10am
or Emyr Philips?

haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 9:23am
Emyr has taken up a full-time role with our Academy as far as I know
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Maple Maple wrote:

Sadly an arm injury ended his career with us several years back . Good and competitive second row player but was probably a bit light Weight wise to be a big physical danger. Was certainly involved in coaching in the feeder club throughout his injury periods and was obviously well thought of. It might be him ? We shall soon find out. 

Dai Flan seems to be staying then . Hope Ioan has options. He has learned a lot from Pivac and Stevo and Brad etc so should be marketable. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 9:45am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Maple Maple wrote:

Sadly an arm injury ended his career with us several years back . Good and competitive second row player but was probably a bit light Weight wise to be a big physical danger. Was certainly involved in coaching in the feeder club throughout his injury periods and was obviously well thought of. It might be him ? We shall soon find out. 

Dai Flan seems to be staying then . Hope Ioan has options. He has learned a lot from Pivac and Stevo and Brad etc so should be marketable. 

Second row from jack land , sure he went to coach  the rfc ?

I think he has been involved with age groups with wales as well

Could be a  good shout

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic