Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please sir I want some mooar.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please sir I want some mooar.
    Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:28am
Wonderful au revoir from Brad. In the short time he has been with us he has conveyed a calm and methodical ideology. What a wonderful opportunity we have been given by his appointment and the foundations have been set for a very exciting future. Best wishes in NZ please come back one day and continue what you have started. đź‘Ť
Sponsored Links

Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:38am
Brad has always come across as a great bloke and I'm gutted we didn't get to see more of him here.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 12:24pm
He really tried to engross himself into the Scarlets way. I’m sure when he’s done winning the next few rugby championships they’ll be opportunities to come back if he’s not the NZ head coach by then.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 12:47pm
An excellent communicator for sure. How good a head coach I don't know. Only chance we ever see him again is if the AB's fail in the next couple of years. I still feel that Gatland post Lions 2021 will be breathing down the current management's neck. Wish him & his family the very best for their future. 
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 12:54pm
Thanks for the memories Brad. Top Man, he got the Scarlets ethos, a great rugby brain and coach, you will be missed not just at Scarlets but in Wales. All the best for the future, good luck with the All Blacks and remember.. once a Scarlet always a Scarlet. Hope to see you back at the Parc one day. Diolch Brad. 

Over to you Glenn. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 1:01pm
A truly unfulfilled association with the Scarlets . Losing him so early to the AB’s and then losing him for more than half a season to this damn virus. Such a great shame but we can only move onwards and thank Brad for all he did for us and wish him well in NZ in his new job.

It Certainly looks like he will be back in the game back home a lot sooner than us up in the Northern hemisphere. 
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 1:07pm
He's been a breath of fresh air. He's funny, kind, positive, knowledgeable, passionate but also a family man with values. He's been great. I wish him all the best. No doubt he'll post some videos to us every now and again if we get into play offs etc. 

A Scarlets legend! 

Be great now to know who's coming in as we have 2 vacancies in the management team. 
eds
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 1:27pm
'Legend'-'A story sometimes regarded as true but not authenticated'-I'll go along with that.Dee-all-can-vow-er,Brad.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 2:29pm
good coach, did a good job and seems a lovely guy ,I wish him well

However  he is not a legend in my eyes, he was only here for 19 games and less than 12 months

Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 2:39pm
Really positive coach with a great energy, after Pivac last season all the gropu needed a new fresh air and I think in this view he did a super work.
At least he didnt a game plan revolution specially in attack and his time exiperd to soon, but surely he worked hard on mentality and approach to the games, even if the away game were this year our dark side of the season...Also he knows how show his public immagine and it was really difficoult dont apreciate him and his charm..How I said in other occasion if I should judge the single coach, I think Delaney did the best job this season, our special weapon was the defence, specially the blitz defence...
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

However  he is not a legend in my eyes, he was only here for 19 games and less than 12 months

From my personal experience I have no qualms in describing Brad as a legend of a guy. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 4:34pm
I hope Glenn carries on from where Brad left off.  I hope he communicates well with the media and more importantly the fans.  You can tell that Brad came from a professional legal background because he always came across well, with every sentence and response well thought out and delivered impeccable.  Whether Glenn has that in his locker only time will tell.
I will certainly miss his regular tweets and videos from the top of Hendy, something no other coach does (to my knowledge), and his willingness to try to speak Welsh and immerse himself in the culture.
I want to wish him and his family all the best back in NZ and would welcomed him back if things didn’t go well with the All Blacks.
Now it’s over to Glenn, I can’t wait to see what he’s going to do with the players over this lockdown period/possible extended pre-season.  I believe our club is in safe hands, just need to confirm the coaching setup and new additions to the squad.
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

I hope Glenn carries on from where Brad left off.  I hope he communicates well with the media and more importantly the fans.  You can tell that Brad came from a professional legal background because he always came across well, with every sentence and response well thought out and delivered impeccable.  Whether Glenn has that in his locker only time will tell.
I will certainly miss his regular tweets and videos from the top of Hendy, something no other coach does (to my knowledge), and his willingness to try to speak Welsh and immerse himself in the culture.
I want to wish him and his family all the best back in NZ and would welcomed him back if things didn’t go well with the All Blacks.
Now it’s over to Glenn, I can’t wait to see what he’s going to do with the players over this lockdown period/possible extended pre-season.  I believe our club is in safe hands, just need to confirm the coaching setup and new additions to the squad.
Agreed, I believe that we are in a good position financially and coaching wise.  I’d like to see that our coaching staff and players are finalised ASAP - of course taking lockdown into account .
I’d like to think that brad has done some quality deals behind the scenes to enhance us all round. Wish him the very best 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

From my personal experience I have no qualms in describing Brad as a legend of a guy. 

that's fine and I didn't say he wasn't

I don't know him , never met him but he seems a lovely fella and I'm glad you speak so highly of him

he isn't a scarlets legend in my eyes, that's all I meant

As far as I am concerned he simply hasn#'t been here long enough to warrant that title if others want to think and describe him as that , that's up to them .

Edited by RR1972 - 15 May 2020 at 4:46pm
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 11:10pm
He didn't need to go to the lengths he did to show that he was interested in the team's culture, history and people etc, but he did. Brilliant guy and wish him all the best with the All Blacks.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

'Legend'-'A story sometimes regarded as true but not authenticated'-I'll go along with that.Dee-all-can-vow-er,Brad.
I would think that Brad has spent more time in Wales and has certainly made a greater effort to involve himself with the Welsh language and culture than the Greek/ German/Scot who is allegedly the Prince of Wales.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic