Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PRO14 & CVC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 12:21pm
Brilliant šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.
Unfortunately for us he has a job for life with Borisā˜¹ļø.
Sponsored Links

scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Nah... think of the travel expenses Dom will demand for his commute to and from his Durham home. But there's a new sign up outside the Malsters in Llandaf showing -       Durham 301 miles.    However Caerffili Castle is a little closer for his eye tests.

Dont need that mun we have Specsavers on site!!
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 1:38pm
If there is rigorous testing akin to what I see happening in the football then there is little or no risk to the players. Can't see need for rule changes if the testing is rigourous.
People in every walk of life will be taking risks to get to work and in doing their work players will be no different.  
The players will have to take a financial hit like the rest of the country as long as it is proportionate.
We can't expect the benefactors to stump up the missing cash as they will be undoubtedly suffering financially as well.
There will be businesses unfortunately that will go bust and sports teams will not be immune from that lets hope one of them isn't the Scarlets. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

If there is rigorous testing akin to what I see happening in the football then there is little or no risk to the players. Can't see need for rule changes if the testing is rigourous.
People in every walk of life will be taking risks to get to work and in doing their work players will be no different.  
The players will have to take a financial hit like the rest of the country as long as it is proportionate.
We can't expect the benefactors to stump up the missing cash as they will be undoubtedly suffering financially as well.
There will be businesses unfortunately that will go bust and sports teams will not be immune from that lets hope one of them isn't the Scarlets. 

The premier league footballers and championship footballers are getting tested twice a week (same with coaching and medical staff)

The bottom two divisions couldn't afford this and so have ended the seasons , I'm not sure we have the finances to staff that often tbh
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

The premier league footballers and championship footballers are getting tested twice a week (same with coaching and medical staff)

The bottom two divisions couldn't afford this and so have ended the seasons , I'm not sure we have the finances to staff that often tbh
The suggestion is the testing will be funded by the TV companies 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 5:51pm
That would make sense as they want the product to be on show ASAP, so should fund the testing of the players.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 6:36pm
Hopefully but i would expect the costs incurred would be deducted from the revenue they pay the pro 14 sides
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

The suggestion is the testing will be funded by the TV companies 
How much does a completed test cost I wonder?
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 8:03pm
Itā€™s not massive money isnā€™t around £67 ?
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 8:07pm
Unit cost may not be, but for a match it is not far off £10/15k, 30 players + 16 subs, + coaches+ back up staff+ everyone else, not far off 75 per team. Then you have the stadium H&S guys. a lot of money. 
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Super rugby clubs in NZ will ko again this month. 5 teams play each other twice. Aus teams start a similar tournament on 3 July.

Conventional rules ( apart from the red card replacement after 20 mins, and the golden point if scores are tied at 80 mins).

Also strong possibility that limited crowd levels can attend if NZ goes to Level 1 alert on or before 10 June ( which seems likely).

Look,learn and steal!

Edited by Wil Chips - 03 June 2020 at 6:12am
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 9:54pm
With regards to cost of testing couldnā€™t we follow the example of some third world countries who use pool testing? Itā€™s when you combine numerous swab samples in one test and only then if it comes back positive do you have to test each swab / person individually. Considering the low levels of current positive test it could possibly save the league / scarlets a lot of money. Or is there a reason why this would not be possible?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic