Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shane William's Comments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 11:01am
Being an Amman Valley boy, the Scarlets would have been his natural home. Was he ever involved with us as a player at any age level?
Sponsored Links

cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 11:23am
Quite agree. As a pundit there's the world of difference between being passionate and proud of your club/region and dissing the opposition. SQ does it brilliantly. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Being an Amman Valley boy, the Scarlets would have been his natural home. Was he ever involved with us as a player at any age level?

Do not think Shane ever played for any Scarlets team .

Sadly he is like many who have been associated with the Ospreys over the years, very bitter and jealous .
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 11:59am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Shane is already on the after dinner. I saw him in merthyr on a lunch with lions he mentioned he was a scarlets fan growing up we missed one there

I was in school with shane, a friend through comprehensive, and i can tell you he was Neath through and through.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:36pm
Let’s forget Shane - when are the new players arriving ?  
Some nice comments about hadleigh before he leaves.  Terrific servant - one the top drawer overseas signings anywhere 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by steve b steve b wrote:

Shane William's Comments on Wales On line rugby, stating how must the Scarlets be feeling now, after the Osprey's take-over on the anniversary of the proposed merger of the Scarlets and Ospreys, also the Scarlets announcement of Hadleigh Parkers departure.
Really Shane, I would be concentrating on the Osprey's position in conference A, rather than what we think, because we have merged.
say no more.
They copied and pasted it straight from the rugby paper!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 1:48pm
Shane who?!!!!!
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 2:01pm

Shane is already on the after dinner. I saw him in merthyr on a lunch with lions he mentioned he was a scarlets fan growing up we missed one there
his great grandfather played for the scarlets,
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 2:02pm

a lot of valley people followed the whites from the trevor evans era.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 2:06pm

When I was in school I’d say it was split pretty evenly down the middle between Scarlets and Ospreys. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

When I was in school I’d say it was split pretty evenly down the middle between Scarlets and Ospreys. 
It was split down the middle when my kids were in the comp too steff,south stand or north stand.LOL
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 4:39pm
Would be great interesting to hear what Ospreys supporters and people with knowledge on take-over scenarios think about the situation in Swansea. I can’t think of other occasions in other sports where a massive positive change has occurred. It normally leads to discontent between supporters, the board and backers in the form of a power struggle. 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

When i was in school it wasnt scarlets v ospreys, it was llanelli v swansea v neath😂😂
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Would be great interesting to hear what Ospreys supporters and people with knowledge on take-over scenarios think about the situation in Swansea. I can’t think of other occasions in other sports where a massive positive change has occurred. It normally leads to discontent between supporters, the board and backers in the form of a power struggle. 
man city fans seem happy with their owners as do chelsea with abramovich psg with their owners liverpool with the fenway group and leicester with their thai owner. Plenty of rubbish take overs to look at blackburn . More go badly than well i think

Edited by RR1972 - 25 May 2020 at 5:57pm
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Don’t reAlly see the problem. Loads of our ex players who are pundits are massively pro scarlets. Shane just strring it up 😂👍

Like who?

They might be ex Scarlets, but the likes Scotty Q are smart enough to be impartial.

Youre right will. Daf jones, quinnell, ieuan... true scarlet legends are well spoken when on tv. Clever enough not to getvdrawn into bad mouthing other regions. Where as shane, not only him tho, are not that smart when commentating. Its as if others dangle the carrot in front of him and he bites everytime.

As much as I loved Ieuan's play, he is awful as a commentator. Puts me to sleep with a monotonous dirge. Although he is far better than Michael Owen. 

Agreed, every time I see that Ieuan is covering an Euro game I cringe.
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:33pm

Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

man city fans seem happy with their owners as do chelsea with abramovich psg with their owners liverpool with the fenway group and leicester with their thai owner. Plenty of rubbish take overs to look at blackburn . More go badly than well i think

Closer to home I don't think the Swans fans are too chuffed with their new owners, and as for Newcastle Utd and West Ham!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic