Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Season ticket quandry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Normally by this time the club would have been pushing the season tickets but clearly, there is no way that can happen as we dont even know when we will ever be able to actually attend a game going forward.
That is surely a huge concern for the club and one which would take some sorting out if suddenly we could attend when no one has purchased a ST.

Worrying times all round.

Just a few suggestion...

-Issue Season tickets packages soon.

-All season tickets would need to be digital/on mobile only ( needs a bit of thinking about, but it should be possible).

-Create multiple segregated sections in the enclosure and identify a limit of numbers in each section, ensure it is identified on the season ticket. Alternatively the enclosure option might not viable, so ST holders there could receive a discount option to use a stand.

-Only members of the same household could be seated together in the stands.
Otherwise occupancy of every 4th seat (2 empty seats) in the North and South stands.
(I recognize that ST holders would not necessarily get their previous/preferred seat)

-Certain stairwells and stand access to be for entrance, and the next for exit.
i.e. S1 is way in, S2 is way out and so on.

-Restriction on people getting up during the game ( ht only).

-Not sure about bars and The Barn at this, point but I think some form of service can be figured out..

And then the doubts about fixtures...so...

Couple of options ( maybe more).

-Receive a refund for any fixture cancelled

or

-If a fixture is cancelled, receive a 'credit' toward a future fixture.

-Seats together can only b for people that live together

You've made some very good suggestions there Wil. However my only downer, and sorry for this, would we need the Senedd's permission for large gatherings ? R is still hovering just below 1 apparently.

Absolutely...this is a balancing act really.

Regions needing to see some fairly immediate income, versus relaxation ( to a degree) on gatherings that at this stage is not guaranteed, but is a reasonable debate on what could be the case in 3 months time.

Sponsored Links

ynysddurfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ynysddurfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2020 at 12:42pm
The situation with Munster and Leinster is different - as their season ticket subscriptions are too large to adhere to social distancing measures.

Given the stadium capacity and season ticket numbers for the Scarlets - that shouldn't be an issue, and it would be easy to spread people around. I would be more than happy to renew now. 

Whilst the field hospital is in the barn, they were using some of the stadium facilities for catering etc. Obviously, whilst the field hospital is placed on standby, only the barn will be out of action - so there shouldn't be an issue with the stadium and training pitches etc.
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 12:47pm
There's a field hospital in the stadium as well. The south stand bar area is full of beds.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

There's a field hospital in the stadium as well. The south stand bar area is full of beds.
I was told a couple of weeks ago that the whole lot is being dismantled and stored in case of the rumoured November spike.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 3:49pm
Drakeford announced lunch time no mass gatherings like sports events and concerts in Wales until 2021, not sure what the definition of mass gatherings are in numbers.

Looks like we will have to wait until 2021 to see life rugby. 

The Principality field hospital is just being left as it is in case of a 2nd wave later this year.

To be honest it would be cheaper for the NHS just to leave P-Y-S as it is rather than dismantle it and reassemble it later, and of course rent somewhere to store it. I though the original agreement was until the autumn some time, but if Drakeford decides no sport, it doesn't matter.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 4:51pm

It depends on how many people constitute mass gatherings? With the Hardcore Scarlets support around 6-7 K , maybe there i s no reason at why those numbers of crowds cannot be possible ?with social distancing in place .
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

It depends on how many people constitute mass gatherings? With the Hardcore Scarlets support around 6-7 K , maybe there i s no reason at why those numbers of crowds cannot be possible ?with social distancing in place .

a mass gathering is going to be a lot less than 6k I would suspect

have they actually said there would be no mass gatherings in wales until 2021?

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 5:22pm
I think Drakeford said it was unlikely until 2021.

I just don't get why anyone in authority in the UK does this, they can't provide a metric to the population for what might happen in 6 months time.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 7:24pm
I'd settle for games played behind closed doors right now and screened live, I'd even tolerate cardboard cut out supporters and piped chanting and singing.  šŸ¤—šŸ¤—
Keep the faith
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 10:28pm

I just don't get why anyone in authority in the UK does this, they can't provide a metric to the population for what might happen in 6 months time.
Twickenham are hoping for a 40k crowd this autumn. The pubs in England are going to be open in July. 
We hat 42 new cases and 3 tragic deaths here today. By the end of the week hopefully we'll catch up with Scotland and NI and have no deaths.

A lot could change between now and the Autumn. I doubt we'll see spectators before the end of October, but you never know.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 10:58pm
Another thing thats not been talked about as far as I can see is a Kit Launch.  Is there even a new kit being proposed this year.  Would be a collectors item for sure.

Must be very difficult for the club to propose any sort of a package for the supporters.
In a world where you can be anything ā€“ Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2020 at 7:25am

Its mind boggling Wil. Driven by politics and political posturing for my money. I repeat if we can have thousands on the streets in London, Bristol & Edinburgh on black lives matter protests then why not a full PYS? I am not advocating that Drakeford should immediately announce this but he should at least follow the numbers and act accordingly instead of putting unsupportable limits 6 months down the road.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2020 at 8:10am
Rob macron have put a new polo shirt out on sale early, so i would imagine they have a jersey in mind...whatever quality it is. 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2020 at 8:38am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Rob macron have put a new polo shirt out on sale early, so i would imagine they have a jersey in mind...whatever quality it is. 
Cheers mate.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2020 at 9:16am
Iā€™m sure the folks are working extremely hard to think of ways to balance a commercial offering that appeals despite this background of a calendar built on the shifting sands of the pandemic and government policy.

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2020 at 10:42am
The new jersey may well be a collector's item.

They're going to win the world record for the number of sponsors on one shirt!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic