Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets Vs wru

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 10:31am
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

I would have thought that the WRU, Cardiff Blues and Scarlets are being compensated by the NHS for allowing them to take over their facilities and transforming them into field hospitals.  Particularly in the case of the WRU where it's been reported that the field hospital at the Principlity Stadium is to stay for an extended period of time in case the virus comes back towards the Autumn. 

I'm not saying the compensation would cover all the takings, but it would surely cover a large part of their projected income.

I doubt it comes close tbh

The PS holds what 72,000 people? Average ticket must be around the £75.00 mark so that's £5.4 million per game, throw into account corporate takings , catering , bar takings and merchandise looking at close to £7.5 million  a game

So  losing the Scotland game and the 4 autumn games is £30,000,000 right there

Even if we reduce that for one of the ai games to say £3,000,000 that's still £23,000,000 plus they have lost any tv revenue they had for the summer tour games

Throw into the mix we are not likely to get any paying crowds until this time next year and they will be losing the match day revenue for 3 more home 6 nations so that's another £22,000,000 down in revenue

Your looking at between £40 and £50 million in lost revenue, granted expenses will be reduced but that's still a massive hole to fill

That's without losing income from any other events at the stadium, concerts boxing etc  the wru turnover was around £90 million pound last year and the majority of that is from events at the PS 

The total loss if we don't get any crowds for a year will be closer to £60,000,000

Even if they are getting £20,000 a week from the nhs for the PS that is still only £1,000,000 a year if it's £40k a week that's £2,000,000 so it's not even going to come close to covering it

The financial figures are horrendous ,I know  the union have been useless over the years but it's pretty clear they are not going to be in a position where they can agree previously agreed funding and this is going to apply to every level of the game from grass roots upwards

I'd like to know how much cvc will actually be paying in terms of hard cash in the next 12 months for their share of the pro 14 . That money and I mean 100% of it  should be going directly to the regions and not to anyone or anywhere else. That is money that will be needed to literally  keep the regions alive and in business

Also as side note the blues don't own cap do they? Therefore any revenue generated from using the CAP (is it being used? by the NHS will go to the owners as opposed to them when won't it?

Edited by RR1972 - 15 June 2020 at 11:15am
Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 12:48pm
WOL suggesting that the derby games scheduled for august could be played at PYS as it in the process of be decommissioned as a field hospital and has all the infrastructure in place to host games behind closed doors.
That would surely bring in some much needed cash to the club.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I would have thought that the WRU, Cardiff Blues and Scarlets are being compensated by the NHS for allowing them to take over their facilities and transforming them into field hospitals.  Particularly in the case of the WRU where it's been reported that the field hospital at the Principlity Stadium is to stay for an extended period of time in case the virus comes back towards the Autumn. 

I'm not saying the compensation would cover all the takings, but it would surely cover a large part of their projected income.

The PS holds what 72,000 people? Average ticket must be around the £75.00 mark so that's £5.4 million per game, throw into account corporate takings , catering , bar takings and merchandise looking at close to £7.5 million  a game

Even if we reduce that for one of the ai games to say £3,000,000 that's still £23,000,000 plus they have lost any tv revenue they had for the summer tour games

Throw into the mix we are not likely to get any paying crowds until this time next year and they will be losing the match day revenue for 3 more home 6 nations so that's another £22,000,000 down in revenue

Your looking at between £40 and £50 million in lost revenue, granted expenses will be reduced but that's still a massive hole to fill

That's without losing income from any other events at the stadium, concerts boxing etc  the wru turnover was around £90 million pound last year and the majority of that is from events at the PS 

The total loss if we don't get any crowds for a year will be closer to £60,000,000

Even if they are getting £20,000 a week from the nhs for the PS that is still only £1,000,000 a year if it's £40k a week that's £2,000,000 so it's not even going to come close to covering it

The financial figures are horrendous ,I know  the union have been useless over the years but it's pretty clear they are not going to be in a position where they can agree previously agreed funding and this is going to apply to every level of the game from grass roots upwards

I'd like to know how much cvc will actually be paying in terms of hard cash in the next 12 months for their share of the pro 14 . That money and I mean 100% of it  should be going directly to the regions and not to anyone or anywhere else. That is money that will be needed to literally  keep the regions alive and in business

Also as side note the blues don't own cap do they? Therefore any revenue generated from using the CAP (is it being used? by the NHS will go to the owners as opposed to them when won't it?

Correct its owned by Cardiff Athletic Club.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 12:55pm

I doubt it comes anywhere near the TV money which is now at risk
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 12:57pm

WRU are getting £5m this year, so I read. I have no idea how the other £25m is staged.
The 6N deal is the big one, and it's still being negotiated.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Apparently the Hospital has closed in the barn due to a leak in the roof
Not guilty your honour Embarrassed thank god smellys not on the forum.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I heard a while ago (from someone connected to the company that built it) that there was an error in the build anyway so it was being dismantled.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

WOL suggesting that the derby games scheduled for august could be played at PYS as it in the process of be decommissioned as a field hospital and has all the infrastructure in place to host games behind closed doors.

as you say they'll be behind closed doors so no extra  revenue, the tv will be spilt 4 equally 4 ways I'd guess

we need that cvc cash asap, the wru should get that over to us the day it hits their bank account

Edited by RR1972 - 15 June 2020 at 2:11pm
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I heard a while ago (from someone connected to the company that built it) that there was an error in the build anyway so it was being dismantled.

Delaney flouted the 2 meter rule in the car park as he's changed his fixed wage to being commission based and got found out.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 2:53pm

as you say they'll be behind closed doors so no extra  revenue, the tv will be spilt 4 equally 4 ways I'd guess

we need that cvc cash asap, the wru should get that over to us the day it hits their bank account

I would expect them to be compensated in some way for hosting the games, as that would require us to provide doctors, physios, first aiders and groundsmen etc.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 4:09pm

That’s a bit unfair. What’s wrong with the other grounds?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 5:19pm
If the WRU break agreements and do not honour the compensation packages agreed, then the regions are free to do whatever it takes to survive. 

Wonder What CVC think of this.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

If the WRU break agreements and do not honour the compensation packages agreed, then the regions are free to do whatever it takes to survive. 

Wonder What CVC think of this.
under the current circumstances what can we do? 
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 10:03pm
Well if we are faced with 1/3rd of our budget, its not like we are then over a barrell and tied to them anymore is it? 

Rumblings in Ireland over similar issues too. So much for the union model being the way forward eh.

Time to cut our losses. We could see a mass breakaway here.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 10:14pm

Well if we are faced with 1/3rd of our budget, its not like we are then over a barrell and tied to them anymore is it? 

Rumblings in Ireland over similar issues too. So much for the union model being the way forward eh.

Breakaway to what though?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 10:29pm

the irfu centrally contract all the players dont they? The provinces all seem happy from what i have read/seen, where can we breakaway to? 

Edited by RR1972 - 15 June 2020 at 10:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic