Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New signings availibilty .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 10:29am
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

Joe Thomas - is that the player who was at Leicester? 

yeah, he is ok but he'd be 5th choice here

fitness is the issue with all 3 of our big additions, for various reasons they have all had concerns over injuries/health

There is no doubt if all 3 can stay fit and well they are all really good players

We need to see Sampson and cubby get back to their best next year as well , big season ahead for those two

If they go well we should be in the hunt for honours again

For the opposition Munster could be a serious team with those 2 bok world cup winners

The blues will be much better with hill and carre in their team and with Jenkins back to fitness

Edited by RR1972 - 24 June 2020 at 10:42am
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 10:51am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

If true as it seems we have done some good business with Tyler & Jonny, for me, a step up on Fonotia & Hadleigh given that they are still only 23/24. With Foxy back running, Steff Hughes, Paul Asquith, Osian Knot & Joe Thomas we have a decent pool. 

Do not think we are signing Joe Thomas .

My apologies I was thinking of our young academy player Joe Roberts who, from what I have seen which is limited, appears to be a decent prospect. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 10:57am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

fitness is the issue with all 3 of our big additions, for various reasons they have all had concerns over injuries/health

There is no doubt if all 3 can stay fit and well they are all really good players

We need to see Sampson and cubby get back to their best next year as well , big season ahead for those two

For the opposition Munster could be a serious team with those 2 bok world cup winners

The blues will be much better with hill and carre in their team and with Jenkins back to fitness

I am expecting all the Welsh regions to show some big improvements in the upcoming season. Cockers' Edinburgh for me will be up there fighting for honours with Glasgow, for me, slipping down the pecking order. As usual Leinster will the team to beat with Ulster & Munster very competitive. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 3:08pm
think we are looking in quite good shape, hopefully cubby is not far from fit. foxey is doing well according to some on social media. with the new recruits coming in and 2 young very promising centres signed feeling good.
kalamafoni will give us good go forward with the options as well of cassiem and blame too. 

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 4:16pm
Still would like few more additions as we are going to lose players when test rugby returns which will be as soon as they get the green light to.

Edited by shocker - 24 June 2020 at 4:16pm
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

Still would like few more additions as we are going to lose players when test rugby returns which will be as soon as they get the green light to.

That’s unlikely to be the case for much longer with a global season around the corner
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

That’s unlikely to be the case for much longer with a global season around the corner
I really hope we get to this stage. Hopefully, the vested interests will be put aside to allow it to happen.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I really hope we get to this stage. Hopefully, the vested interests will be put aside to allow it to happen.

Summer  rugby?
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 6:08pm
What extra positions would you go for ? Personally I’d take joe Thomas from Leicester and John Barclay in a coaching role - though I know he’s settled in Edinburgh- but you never know .
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Talks in Ireland suggest Munster have some serious financial problems, they have just renegotiated their debt with the IRU, which was approximately 6-7 millions euros, with the new terms being that the IRU get 50% of all gate receipts and any other revenue made during match days and other events.
They may have to try and offload certain players and may also have to try and renege on or renegotiate future contracts.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 7:34pm
Don't think munster are the only team in a financial mess after this. Munster announced the 2 springbok signings, wonder if they can pay for them?
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 7:37pm
If Munster are offloading - then we’ll have our mr beirne back straight away !!!
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 7:43pm

If Munster are offloading - then we’ll have our mr beirne back straight away !!!
I second that, but he’ll need to lose a few kilos.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

[QUOTE=stradeyscarlet72]If Munster are offloading - then we’ll have our mr beirne back straight away !!!
I second that, but he’ll need to lose a few kilos.
That’s fine 👍.  We’ll get him back to full throttle - get John Barclay as a coach and look out !!!!

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 8:33pm

What extra positions would you go for ? Personally I’d take joe Thomas from Leicester and John Barclay in a coaching role - though I know he’s settled in Edinburgh- but you never know .
I think Barclay has the potential to be an excellent coach but I’m not sure he’s the right fit. There’s a lot of inexperience in the coaching side below Delaney so if we were to get a defence coach it would be better to get an experienced coach with a good CV. As good as Barclay is he has zero top level coaching experience 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Don't think munster are the only team in a financial mess after this. Munster announced the 2 springbok signings, wonder if they can pay for them?
Both signings are funded by private benefactors. Ironic I know 

Edited by scarletnut - 24 June 2020 at 8:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic