Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets Internationals availibility.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets Internationals availibility.
    Posted: 23 July 2020 at 11:24am

With Internationals planned between the last week of October and first weekend in December, that means players will be away for 7-8 weeks .

So with the Six Nations and players away for another 2 months plus, as supporters and a season ticket holder, another total mess of a season . Our Internationals will be exhausted come the European Champions Cup start .

Edited by 157cb - 23 July 2020 at 11:25am
Sponsored Links

ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 11:36am
Not ideal, we all want to see the Internationals but it was just last week we were saying how much strength in depth this squad has? 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

With Internationals planned between the last week of October and first weekend in December, that means players will be away for 7-8 weeks .

So with the Six Nations and players away for another 2 months plus, as supporters and a season ticket holder, another total mess of a season . Our Internationals will be exhausted come the European Champions Cup start .
Ive lost track of when the league season 20/21 starts......
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 2:19pm
Doesn't the same apply to the other Welsh regions and the Irish and Scots and the Italians.  All will be affected, just got to get on with it and bring on the youngsters.
Keep the faith
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 10:05am
Considering the situation, depriving the regions of all their stars immediately does nothing to give us a new start. Understand the need to generate income but it does scream loudly how much we need a better season structure.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 12:01pm
If the season starts next jan then won’t affect our internationals unless we get some injuries of course.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

If the season starts next jan then won’t affect our internationals unless we get some injuries of course.
I've a feeling it will start in December.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 12:12pm

Pro 14 to start on the 1st October. 
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 12:33pm
I think the French Top14 in particular have scuppered any big change in season structure. Summers in France are very different to UK/Ire - everyone goes away for a month. They would lose sponsors. I can understand their viewpoint.
Scarlets before Wales
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 12:41pm
This is when the nwq lads earn their corn but will the pi sides be playing test rugby if so we could lose a few of them to. Covid gave the game a great chance to sort the schedule out sadly it looks as if that’s been ignored
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

I think the French Top14 in particular have scuppered any big change in season structure. Summers in France are very different to UK/Ire - everyone goes away for a month. They would lose sponsors. I can understand their viewpoint.
I don't buy that for a second. Easy excuse for them maybe that's maybe being easily swallowed. Catalan Dragons have done OK on that front and now a new team in Toulouse hoping for super league status.
Catalan averaging just under 9000 per year. 

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 1:20pm

I'd like to think it will be later to not go on same time as internationals. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

This is when the nwq lads earn their corn but will the pi sides be playing test rugby if so we could lose a few of them to. Covid gave the game a great chance to sort the schedule out sadly it looks as if that’s been ignored
The PI guys will likely stay with their clubs 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

The Top 14 season starts in August so that’s nonsense 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

How can you train and play rugby whilst keeping 2 metres apart?
Drakeford is very cautious, I can't see him allowing a start until next year, if then.
We may have the virus under control but it's still around and lurking in the background and with the winter likely to worsen the situation it looks very delicately poised.
Keep the faith
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

They stated at the bottom of the fixtures update that they're working toward Round 1 of Pro14 to be weekend of October 3rd/4th
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic