Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sean Fitzpatrick joins Scarlets Board

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 1:36pm
I still wear those kooga shirts for gardening etc and they are still the vibrant scarlet colour as the day i bought them
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 1:37pm
You don’t come across many people who don’t rate Sean Fitzpatrick.

Huge potential boost to profile and any number of things depending on how his resource can be optimised. 

Here’s to exciting developments..........
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

Im sure county sports in haverfordwest have had scarlets shirts in the past , please no Canterbury the brand is tidy but ive had 3 ankle breaks 2 broken wrists and 2 broken clavicles wearing Canterbury i think its unlucky for me   

They certainly did before we went to Macron.
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 1:40pm
Harlequins have some elite sports partnership with NZRU. Wonder if it’s in the pipeline after NZRU acquired Brad Mooar from us.

Edited by Owen111 - 23 July 2020 at 3:27pm
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 2:24pm
Sean is certainly a very high profile figure. Remains to be seen what sort of impact he is going to have which will be linked to what he has agreed with the board. I must say I am an old sceptic at heart & wonder if I am alone in thinking that the Welsh regions seem to have improved their circumstances, both on and off the field, during this pandemic. This,of course, leads me to the question - who is bank rolling this improvement when we are being told that the WRU are set to lose £20-30 million, still no date being given for when any region can welcome back paying customers.

OK if the current board members of the Scarlets have collectively agreed to make sure that we weather the storm then I salute them.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 2:34pm
Good partnership for club, but also for Players ans coaches who want to try an experience abroad...good link with New Zealadn 
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by EssexTurk EssexTurk wrote:

I believe he and his wife live in London, where he's also a board member at the Quins.

Was I believe.
Scarlets before Wales
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 2:45pm
Club going from strength to strength on and off field. This is massive and can only enhance our links to NZ. 
How far we have come In relatively short space of time, our board have been outstanding and deserve all the plaudits. 
What a boost for everyone in these uncertain times. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 3:05pm
Does anyone know if Sean is still employed by The Quins as well as us now? If he is, wouldn’t that be a conflict of interest? Either way, two great additions to our board. Both Sean and Mark bring very different skill sets. 👍
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Does anyone know if Sean is still employed by The Quins as well as us now? If he is, wouldn’t that be a conflict of interest? Either way, two great additions to our board. Both Sean and Mark bring very different skill sets. 👍
Originally posted by Harlequins Twitter Harlequins Twitter wrote:

We’re delighted that Sean will continue his role on the Harlequins Board alongside his new role in Llanelli.

Good luck Sean. You’ve got a good one there, guys!
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 3:15pm

Yes, Fitzpatrick is still on the Quins board. They confirmed it earlier today. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

You don’t come across many people who don’t rate Sean Fitzpatrick.

Huge potential boost to profile and any number of things depending on how his resource can be optimised. 

Here’s to exciting developments..........
Outstanding appointment. So well regarded in the game everywhere. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

Harlequins have some elite sports partnership with NZRU. Wonder if it’s in the pipeline after NZRU acquired Brad Mooar from us.
That was announced back in December when Brad left. We already know this.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

I thougt it was a coincidental name but no its him!!
So global ambassador is that covert for recruitment overseas??
Is he resident in UK? jst wondering if we would see him at the parc as a one off or regularly.

what an addition

I believe he lives in Windsor
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Yes, Fitzpatrick is still on the Quins board. They confirmed it earlier today. 

Ys, it's confirmed in the BBC report.

A massive signing in terms of global profile... let's hope it can also indirectly lead to tangible benefits.

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 6:59pm
He is going to be a huge inspiration to everyone at the club.
Give Blood, Play Rugby
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic