FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sean Fitzpatrick article

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sean Fitzpatrick article
    Posted: 30 July 2020 at 11:30am

Global ambassador, I think that title says it all .
Sponsored Links

Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 11:13am
What exactly will his role be? I mean these guys presumably won't really actually spend much time doing club related things. He's on other clubs boards already. 
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 9:58am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

A brilliant article by the great man in the Rugby Paper today, he wants Scarlets to be the best club in the World .

He his hoping the global season will come into place, saying that we will have our 15 Internationals available all season long .

Sean also says the Scarlets Academy is one of the best in the World .ClapClapClap

Love this.
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2020 at 6:06am
There is a good article in the times but needs subscription, anyone fancy pasting it?
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2020 at 12:33am

Fitzpatrick says he did not speak to his friends and Llanelli legends Ieuan Evans or Scott Quinnell before he agreed to the role but took a phone call from Scarlets president and ex Wales and British and Irish Lions captain Phil Bennett.

"I really wanted to go into the whole process with a clear idea and not be influenced by anybody else," Fitzpatrick told BBC Sport Wales.

"I wanted to see it for myself and I am pretty good judge of character.

"I did speak to Phil Bennett. He is one of my childhood heroes, an absolute legend and such a humble man.

"The hairs on the back of my neck raised up when he rang and it's great to have him as Scarlets president."Big smile

Edited by roy munster - 28 July 2020 at 12:34am
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2020 at 8:44pm
I'd settle for The Scarlets to turn up for the big occasion & win those games. (1 point wins would do me).
We have never been to a European final; we have lost 4 semis. 
League position never bothered us much as long as we had the chance to get that cup, which we did on so many other occasions.

Recapture that ability and we'll crack it.

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2020 at 2:09pm
You might expect that someone of his stature knocking on your door might persuade you to sponsor/ invest or play for the Scarlets . Hugh profile in world rugby. Fingers crossed it goes well 👍
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2020 at 9:43am
A global calendar uninterrupted by internationals hopefully. Bring it on.
He certainly is aiming high and if the building blocks to be bthe best in the world wasn't in place he wouldn't have come on board. Good read. 

Edited by PE SA - 26 July 2020 at 9:44am
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2020 at 8:55am

A brilliant article by the great man in the Rugby Paper today, he wants Scarlets to be the best club in the World .

He his hoping the global season will come into place, saying that we will have our 15 Internationals available all season long .

Sean also says the Scarlets Academy is one of the best in the World .ClapClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic