Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Tommo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ScarletMagpie67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletMagpie67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Tommo
    Posted: 01 August 2020 at 6:20pm
Commiserations to Donna and Cian , Tommo was heart and soul a Scarlet , he will be badly missed by everyone who knew him . 
I’m totally gutted .
Sponsored Links

Superscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 11:24pm
Very sad, he will be missed. Match days won't be the same without his voice. Condolences to the family 😢
coldith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 1:40pm
It’s only now hit me that there are so many comparisons between Tommo and Grav.
Both passionate Scarlets.
Both proud of their country and their roots.
Both worked in broadcasting 
Both friendly and approachable with time for everyone 
Both proud of the Welsh language 
Both family men
Both men suffered ill health 
Underneath the ‘public’ persona, both very insecure individuals 
Both taken way too soon. 

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 11:10am
RIP and thoughts and prayers to his family
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 10:46am
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Gutted .

Read he had left us and my stomach turned....

Tommo jeez what a character, watched him walking up and down the players entrance to the pitch and you could feel his love and pride for the Scarlets....he adored the Scarlets and was so damn proud to be there and his enthusiasm was in his voice everytime he spoke. Loved it and was delighted for him just being able to address the Scarlet faithful.

He used to phone me in work to hear Scarlet stories, any news and stuff on the Scarlets.  They were great times, he was broadcasting and my phone would ring " Lofty, lofty what's happening " he was infectious and im laughing now at our conversations about the mighty Scarlets.  He was the catalyst for my recordings of the stuff i wrote on here, hell his boundless energy just to promote anything Scarlet was fab tbh. Loved my moments with him as we became Scarlet friend's, something this club inspires people to do, to become, friends in the best club on this planet, from all over Wales, from all over the UK, from all over the World.
I will miss him dearly and he will be hard to replace.

I will end with this memory, he would be on the pitch looking up into the South Stand and he would spot me in my stupid ill fitting cap and raise his hand after another inconceivable win against the odds, then both of us delirious .....yessssss. Great times, great lovely guy, I'm waving up there now mate .....RIP and thanks.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Heart-warming stuff.
R.I.P.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 10:16am
I never met Tommo but his familiar voice at the Parc will be missed.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 9:47am
Gutted .

Read he had left us and my stomach turned....

Tommo jeez what a character, watched him walking up and down the players entrance to the pitch and you could feel his love and pride for the Scarlets....he adored the Scarlets and was so damn proud to be there and his enthusiasm was in his voice everytime he spoke. Loved it and was delighted for him just being able to address the Scarlet faithful.

He used to phone me in work to hear Scarlet stories, any news and stuff on the Scarlets.  They were great times, he was broadcasting and my phone would ring " Lofty, lofty what's happening " he was infectious and im laughing now at our conversations about the mighty Scarlets.  He was the catalyst for my recordings of the stuff i wrote on here, hell his boundless energy just to promote anything Scarlet was fab tbh. Loved my moments with him as we became Scarlet friend's, something this club inspires people to do, to become, friends in the best club on this planet, from all over Wales, from all over the UK, from all over the World.
I will miss him dearly and he will be hard to replace.

I will end with this memory, he would be on the pitch looking up into the South Stand and he would spot me in my stupid ill fitting cap and raise his hand after another inconceivable win against the odds, then both of us delirious .....yessssss. Great times, great lovely guy, I'm waving up there now mate .....RIP and thanks.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Edited by lofty evans - 30 July 2020 at 9:52am
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Pentigili View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentigili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 11:21pm
Cysga'n dawel Tommo. Roeddent yn ffrind annwyl i ni. Bydden ni'n gweld dy eisiau ti'n fawr iawn yn enwedig ar ddiwrnod gêm ym Mharc y Scarlets. Mae bywyd mor greulon. Cwtshys mawr i Donna a Cian. Dwe fe aeth seren ddisglair i'r nefoedd.
rctred View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rctred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 8:54pm
Terribly sad news ... Won't be the same without him .

Condolences to his family and friends.
RIP Tommo
swm View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 8:08pm
Sad news Ower thoughts go out to all his family and friends                                     rip tommo
steve and ang
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 7:02pm
Lovely tribute to Tommo on BBC Wales Today, I’d forgotten about his Swansea City links, RIP Tommo.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 6:36pm
Clearly, some of you knew him well and were aware of his health issues - to the rest of us, this comes as a real shock.

RIP Tommo, and condolences to the family.

Edited by aber-fan - 29 July 2020 at 6:38pm
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Bys Meri Ann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bys Meri Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 5:51pm
Druan â fe. Bydd bwlch mawr ar ei ôl e ar ddiwrnod gêm lawr yn y Parc. Oedd e'n berffaith i ni ar yr uchelseinydd. Cymeriad.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 12:39pm
Terrible news, all the more shocking for being so sudden and unexpected. Thoughts with his loved ones - he'll be hugely missed by his Scarlets family when the crowds return to the Parc.
y ddraig bwyd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y ddraig bwyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 11:41am
Mor drist, colled anferth i teulu fe a teulu'r Scarlets. Cysga'n dawel
y ddraig bwyd
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 10:24am
Such sad news, he embodied Scarlet passion and will be missed by all.  Cysga’n dawel Tommo 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic