Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets v New Zealand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ynysddurfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets v New Zealand
    Posted: 04 September 2020 at 3:17pm
Haven't seen this posted elsewhere - if it has then please delete.
The article is an interview with Sean Fitzpatrick who says they are looking into a match in 2022 to mark 50 years from 'that match' and also to mark 150 years as a club/region. Another indicator of the closer links being established as part of the deal to release Brad? Imagine the impact on season ticket sales....
Sponsored Links

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2020 at 12:28pm
This would be amazing if this comes off..I wasn't around in 72 but did attend the 1989 fixtuure.   I think it would be of benefit to us and New Zealand. 
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2020 at 1:00pm
this would be brilliant
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2020 at 4:03pm
Oh PLEASE make it happen fitzy
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 8:13am
I called this when Brad was first being touted for the NZ job.

Done deal.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 9:43am
This would be amazing if it came off! StarStarStarClapClapClap
Scarlets!!!
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 10:37am
Simon and Fitzy discussed this in the Crys 16 webinar last week.

It's at an initial discussion stage, but it would be incredible.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 11:53am
short of winning the champions cup this would be the biggest thing we could do

fingers crossed we can get it over the line
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 11:57am
I’d like to see it but i think if it does happen it would be sandwiched in between an autumn series where they would play Wales the following week. Meaning we wouldn’t have our star players. 
I’d like to see our best possible 15 against theirs. 
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

I’d like to see it but i think if it does happen it would be sandwiched in between an autumn series where they would play Wales the following week. Meaning we wouldn’t have our star players. 
I’d like to see our best possible 15 against theirs. 

Scheduling would be the most difficult obstacle. It would have to be weekend after the AIs. Not playing our first XV would render this pointless (and one-sided).
Scarlets before Wales
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 3:39pm
guys we are not going to get a Saturday match with our full strength team vs a full strength all black team, those days are long gone

if we get a midweek game it would be superb and we should be really grateful for that
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

guys we are not going to get a Saturday match with our full strength team vs a full strength all black team, those days are long gone

if we get a midweek game it would be superb and we should be really grateful for that

Not in agreement with you on that.
Scarlets before Wales
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

They’ll be over for the autumn internationals. During that time our senior players are away with the welsh squad. I’m 99.9% certain they won’t release them for a friendly. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

They’ll be over for the autumn internationals. During that time our senior players are away with the welsh squad. I’m 99.9% certain they won’t release them for a friendly. 

Agree. But we have to stick it on the back end of that. A following weekend, and play our second team in any P12/14/16 game that coincides. My disagreement isn't on the scheduling difficulty, its about playing a mid week game against a midweek team (both sides) and being happy with it. Not at all.
Scarlets before Wales
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 11:42pm

Agree. But we have to stick it on the back end of that. A following weekend, and play our second team in any P12/14/16 game that coincides. My disagreement isn't on the scheduling difficulty, its about playing a mid week game against a midweek team (both sides) and being happy with it. Not at all.

It’s usually European cup straight after. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 1:21am

It’s usually European cup straight after. 

That's true, but I think there is a 1 week gap. Exhausting for the players, but what an opportunity of a lifetime. And at last we have a squad that could possibly beat them. Maybe??
Scarlets before Wales
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic