Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Toulon watch .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Foxy and Williams centre pairing, Asquith on the bench for his versatility should the worst case scenario happen he can cover wing and centre with Angus as cover for fly half/fullback. I don’t envy Delaney, he has tough calls to make in the backs and back row

I think the only call he has to make is at 6 really. Cassiem & Josh to start at 8 & 7.
I suppose, I would drop Cubby to be honest. He hasn’t shown as much as Kennedy or Kal since coming back. Kennedy to start there. 
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 11:52am
Kennedy has to be pushing hard for the 6 jersey. Josh nailed on at 7 & for me Sione starts at 8 with Casseim on the bench. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 12:01pm

Foxy and Williams centre pairing, Asquith on the bench for his versatility should the worst case scenario happen he can cover wing and centre with Angus as cover for fly half/fullback. I don’t envy Delaney, he has tough calls to make in the backs and back row

I think the only call he has to make is at 6 really. Cassiem & Josh to start at 8 & 7.
I think he's going to need Kalamafoni for his ball carrying
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 12:02pm

I suppose, I would drop Cubby to be honest. He hasn’t shown as much as Kennedy or Kal since coming back. Kennedy to start there. 
Blade to start at 6
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Kennedy has to be pushing hard for the 6 jersey. Josh nailed on at 7 & for me Sione starts at 8 with Casseim on the bench. 

Not for me, he gave away a couple of needless penalties against the Dragons. I think he should come on from the bench against a tiring defence.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 12:14pm

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Not for me, he gave away a couple of needless penalties against the Dragons. I think he should come on from the bench against a tiring defence.
Discipline and temperament is so important isn’t it especially in big games like this against a big physical pack looking perhaps to niggle. Hopefully no daft leg hooks or slaps on the head etc please. We must keep 15 on the pitch 
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Biggest strongest available team, Tex and Jake to start, with Sam on bench , back row to start , Cassiem,Kalamfoni and MacLeod , with Blade and Cubby on bench . Rob is also out  Looks like only Foxy will be available out of Sanjay and Patch...So a 6-2 split on bench .
Tex only returned to training today. I doubt he’s come back in good enough condition to do 50 minutes v Toulon to the required standard. 
He’s been training full on with the Fijian sevens squad 
That’s far from ideal preparation for an attritional game against a jumbo pack. 

If the coaches think he’s up to it, great, but I’d guess that Ball, Lousi and Rawlins will be the three locks for this one. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 12:36pm
Rawlins does not deserve to dropped from the 23. That is why I am tempted to have a 6/2 split so we can have a starting back 5 of Jake, Sam, Kennedy, Kalamafoni & Josh with some firepower in the shape of Tex, Rawlins & Casseim to come on. Now Blade is the unknown here - how has he been in training etc. Great problems to have. 

Big game for Dinky to show how he can control from 10 & also how he gets our dangerous runners involved. We can win this and go all the way.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 12:46pm

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Andrew Brace IRRU referee. Born in Cardiff to Irish parents and played his school rugby in Cardiff area I gather. 

Brace was super strict on the breakdown for the Pro-14 final, at times penalising players immediately for falling on the wrong side, and for not rolling away even when they seemed to be trapped, so maybe worth holding in opposing players!

As for Foxy - I'd be reluctant to risk him, TBH.

If you aren’t going to risk him for a European quarter final when are you going to risk him?

So, you'd take a chance on a player who hasn't turned out for 10+ months, when a recurrence could put him out for a few more? I wouldn't. He won't be match fit or used to the pace of the game after that lay-off. Bring him back when he is definitely fit.
He should be on the bench. He’s been passed fit to play 

I'd be OK with that - not keen to see him start, in the circumstances.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 1:08pm
So then - a stab at team selection, without as much knowledge as to who's fit and who isn't... 

15 Halfpenny
14 Johnny Mac
13 Steff Hughes
12 Johnny Williams
11 Steff Evans
10 Dan Jones
9 Gareth Davies

8 Cassiem
7 Macleod
6 Kennedy
5 Lousi
4 Ball
3 Lee
2 Ken O
1 Wyn Jones

16 Elias 
17 Price
18 Kruger
19 Rawlins
20 Jac Morgan
21 Cubby
22 Hardy
23 O'Brien

The selection is based on players who I am fairly sure have at least played a game recently (not sure about Jac Morgan). I'd rather start with people up to the pace of the game from the beginning, but may well have forgotten a couple. I'd only pick Foxy for bench duty if there is going to be a 5-3 split.

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Taffy Toffee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taffy Toffee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2020 at 12:34am
Halfpenny
McNicholl
Foxy
Williams
Steff Evs
Dan
Cawdor
Wyn
Ken
Samson
Ball
Lousi
Kennedy
Macleod 
Kalamafoni

Price
Elias
Kruger
Rawlings
Blade/Tex
Cassiem
Hardy
Angus

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2020 at 4:45am
will we be able to watch this game on the streaming service the scarlets mentioned when i renewed season ticket?
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2020 at 5:44am
Originally posted by Taffy Toffee Taffy Toffee wrote:

Halfpenny
McNicholl
Foxy
Williams
Steff Evs
Dan
Cawdor
Wyn
Ken
Samson
Ball
Lousi
Kennedy
Macleod 
Kalamafoni

Price
Elias
Kruger
Rawlings
Blade/Tex
Cassiem
Hardy
Angus

No decision yet on Foxy. I just don't see him playing. He is one of those players who needs a game to be firing anyway.
Scarlets before Wales
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2020 at 8:24am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

will we be able to watch this game on the streaming service the scarlets mentioned when i renewed season ticket?
It’s on S4C and BT Sports. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2020 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

It’s on S4C and BT Sports. 

Diolch yn fawr!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2020 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by Taffy Toffee Taffy Toffee wrote:

Halfpenny
McNicholl
Foxy
Williams
Steff Evs
Dan
Cawdor
Wyn
Ken
Samson
Ball
Lousi
Kennedy
Macleod 
Kalamafoni

Price
Elias
Kruger
Rawlings
Blade/Tex
Cassiem
Hardy
Angus

No decision yet on Foxy. I just don't see him playing. He is one of those players who needs a game to be firing anyway.

Not too happy personally to see Foxy start first game back  after a year out with game v Toulon and their monster pack but it’s coaches decision!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic