Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Season Tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 7:40am
We improvise we overcome.  

Take the Edinburgh game this year.  North stand closed so we all sat in the South. Next game we moved back to our original seats. So this season we will have our normal seats but as long as the pandemic restrictions are in force we wll sit elsewhere - returning to our designated seats when it's deemed safe.  No fuss at all.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 07 September 2020 at 7:41am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 8:31am
When it comes to the first home game of the season we've no idea whether no one or everyone will be allowed in, or what restrictions will be in place or for how long.

I hope/think anyone buying a season ticket will realise that there's a chance that if we can go to games we may have to move seats for some games and that there will be some disruption to our usual match day routine.

With so much uncertainty I don't see the value in trying to predict what watching a game live will look like and how it'll work because there's so many potential outcomes. I'm just going with the assumption that the gov, local authorities and pro14/EPCR won't allow games to go ahead if appropriate measures aren't in place.

I think the protecting seats until 2021/22 season is a great gesture for anyone who's worried about the safety aspects, and there's been quite a lot of fans looking to renew regardless of the situation so I think this is a pretty good middle ground.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 8:40am
And enclosure? Will those with seats this season have more of a chance getting in you think?
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 8:49am
Not sure, I'd guess that if the capacity (whatever that may be in the circumstances) is reached in the terrace they may move people to seating if feasible.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 9:49am
I'm guessing that only Season ticket holders will be considered for match attendance for the foreseeable future right ( no walk ups)?

We have about 5k ST holders I think so we may get uppity about using the whole stadium I suppose, but live rugby is live rugby!

The test bed cases of the Quins v Bath game last weekend (3500 allowed to buy 1 off tickets..ST holders only ) is all part of the learning I'd suggest.
The match was oversubscribed by the way, and Quins had to create 'an out of the hat gets the ticket' draw ....even at up to 50 quid a ticket.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 9:54am
All in all I think this great from the club.

Supporters need to have at least some of the conventional season budget planning to work with...the club needs to start generating ticket revenue.

If you don't feel safe in the new environment, and understandably so in these times, then your ST place is held over for a season.

Good darts all round in my view.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 10:07am
What does the text message say?  
My text message  is only three words "w yours now!"  What on earth does this mean?  🤔
Keep the faith
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 10:18am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

What does the text message say?  
My text message  is only three words "w yours now!"  What on earth does this mean?  🤔

Maybe they missed the 'rene' out.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 10:30am
Even renew yours now doesn't make sense as there is no other detail or information!
Keep the faith
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 10:58am
I've had a look around what other clubs are doing and it's very much a mixed bag of options for those that have moved on season tickets (a lot haven't).

Some are just offering renewal with no mention of not being able to attend games or any form of credit, others have offered phased renewals which just guarantee the option to renew at a later date or priority access to tickets. From what I can see of what's out there ours is looking pretty good.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 11:05am
Surely it would be better for the club to offer to reserve your  usual season ticket for 21-22 when life is normal and this season to just offer members  a season ticket in ( in my case the South Stand) on the basis the club decides ultimately where you sit as you will otherwise have squabbles about it “ I’ve paid for seat 54 Row H and I want to sit there “ then what do I do in seat 55 ? Agree to move and where to?what if I also refuse to move . It looks like an admin challenge for sure! I would just sell a season ticket for a non specific seat in my stand on the basis perhaps that the club will try and seat us  as close as possible to our normal seat but you could be asked to sit anywhere. 

Edited by reesytheexile - 07 September 2020 at 11:06am
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 11:15am
How do we renew? Online, over the phone or is the ticket office open? 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Ticket office is not open
ceribethlem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceribethlem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

I think the online service is working.
Dinefwr am Byth
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 12:01pm
Thanks both. 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2020 at 12:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic