Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Season Tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2020 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

It should be viewed as an outdoor event, because it is, with built in social distancing. One way systems, kiosks closed, mandatory masks, it seems safe to me.
I’d imagine that the region could prove that the stadium itself is safe, however what about the public transport that some fans would use to arrive at the game, or would some fans go to a pub near the ground afterwards? Again I have no idea how the talks with the WG go, however it wouldn’t surprise me if the region have to prove that staging a game wouldn’t impact on the infection rate not only on the stadium, but in the surrounding area as well. That’s why it’s feasible that reduced capacity crowds will be decided not on the capacity of the stadium, but on capacity of local infrastructure.
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2020 at 5:48am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

It should be viewed as an outdoor event, because it is, with built in social distancing. One way systems, kiosks closed, mandatory masks, it seems safe to me.
I’d imagine that the region could prove that the stadium itself is safe, however what about the public transport that some fans would use to arrive at the game, or would some fans go to a pub near the ground afterwards? Again I have no idea how the talks with the WG go, however it wouldn’t surprise me if the region have to prove that staging a game wouldn’t impact on the infection rate not only on the stadium, but in the surrounding area as well. That’s why it’s feasible that reduced capacity crowds will be decided not on the capacity of the stadium, but on capacity of local infrastructure.
pubs and public transport are already subject to covid guidelines so it doesn't matter if it's a rugby,football or netball fan who walks in or travels.
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2020 at 7:22am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

pubs and public transport are already subject to covid guidelines so it doesn't matter if it's a rugby,football or netball fan who walks in or travels.

Exactly. Every business, all local transport and all pubs are working under their own guidelines and restrictions which they will need to adhere to or face prosecution / closure. The scarlets surely can't be held responsible for proving that someone on the way to the game will want to shop in tesco or catch a bus or get a pint.

With people being allowed to congregate indoors (limited numbers) I am pretty certain that an outdoor event is more than acceptable. Let's get it on!!!
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2020 at 8:42am
I think the main issue is that as we open up, the virus seems to be coming back.  Cases are rising and already measures to control the virus are tightening (masks in shops just been announced in Wales and no more than 6 people can meet in a home now). 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2020 at 9:47am
Wearing of masks, more sanitizing, and temp checking are hear to stay.

Everything else I'm afraid, is semantics.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2020 at 12:10pm
Drakeford is risk adverse no way we will get stadiums open any time soon
can't see us being allowed to attend a game in wales until we get a vaccine

think that rules out most of this season I'm afraid folks

Edited by RR1972 - 11 September 2020 at 12:14pm
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2020 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

I think the main issue is that as we open up, the virus seems to be coming backCases are rising and already measures to control the virus are tightening (masks in shops just been announced in Wales and no more than 6 people can meet in a home now). 

Quite so.

Whether we like it or not, the unhappy truth is that allowing more freedom has led to a substantial increase in cases. The R number is already above 1 in Scotland and parts of England, and for all I know it may be in parts of Wales as well.

Ceredigion has for weeks had either zero or 1 new case per day - today, there were 8 new cases - not a lot in absolute terms, but a very worrying trend. Two cases are in care homes - and we know how badly that can go. One is in a school.

As Postcode says - I don't see crowds being allowed any time soon.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 2:08pm
I’ve renewed with the mindset that I’ve written off going to games in 2020, and I’ll be “happy” if we manage to get to a couple of games in March and April. I’d actually consider that a success in the current climate.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 2:26pm
I would suggest that a handful of fixtures won't actually be possible for Covid related challenges, particularly this year. Those games will likely mean a prolonged season.

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 6:11pm
had a text saying that season ticket renewers would get access to streaming for games,does this mean we would be able to watch games through a scarlets streaming service?
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 7:03pm
Kick in the teeth for those who have subscribed to the £80 Premiersports offer. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 7:38pm
Not if you don't have a season ticket, or have a season ticket and haven't subscribed to Premier Sports.

Some are complaining about the season ticket offer, and when it's enhanced people still complain. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2020 at 7:15am
just renewed through website,nice and easy.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2020 at 7:55am
well done Nige, going to do mine on payday. hope you are well there
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2020 at 5:41pm
all well thanks steve.
philtheturk56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtheturk56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2020 at 9:06am
FWIW..my take is that we wont see a live game for 20.21 at PYS in the flesh, only on the TV!!

Hope i am wrong! 

I wont renew until the very end of EB..my seat is safe for a season even if i do not renew, the Scarlets have announced that will be the case.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic