Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets - Munster match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 10:03am
lol racist comment? it was clearly a joke , some people need to lighten upClap
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Tiobraid Tiobraid wrote:

Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Munster have confirmed that a senior player has tested positive for Covid-19.  They haven’t named the player, but allege that he didn’t travel to Llanelli on the weekend. 
The Irish can’t be trusted to play by the book so I think they should be forced to forfeit the points for last weekend’s match and should have to forfeit the next 2 games as wellWink

Shameful and borderline racist comment. 

I know you know this was a light hearted comment. You just chose to take it as offensive for only reason you would know.

Expected a little more from a Munster fan....usually get great banter.

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 11:16am
Perhaps we all need to clarify when we make a joke by putting lol next to it, just so you don’t get mistaken as racist or xenophobic etc.
The world is going mad.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 11:35am

Perhaps we all need to clarify when we make a joke by putting lol next to it, just so you don’t get mistaken as racist or xenophobic etc.
The world is going mad.

this Clap
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 11:49am

The world is going mad.

He did put a wink. Our Irish friends getting a little sensitive. I won't go into the banter my wife & I got into into Limerick a few years ago I will probably be banned.WinkWinklol.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Tiobraid Tiobraid wrote:

Munster have confirmed that a senior player has tested positive for Covid-19.  They haven’t named the player, but allege that he didn’t travel to Llanelli on the weekend. 
The Irish can’t be trusted to play by the book so I think they should be forced to forfeit the points for last weekend’s match and should have to forfeit the next 2 games as wellWink
Shameful and borderline racist comment. 
From my time on here, I’ve found that reading Ladram’s posts, a bit of context is required. His words in two dimensions don’t give the whole picture. Often, they don’t give anything approaching an accurate impression of what he really believes. He’s a love for comedy, although not all his material works. His backing of three-legged horses is a testament to his bookies wealth.

Try thinking of Statler & Waldorf from The Muppets. Multiply their ability to heckle anyone by a factor you care to think of and you’ll get more depth to the intention behind the posts.

He’s an equal opportunities kind of guy as far as poking fun goes.

If I’ve misinterpreted him, I’m sure he’ll correct me.
Far be it for me to correct such an eminent psychologist and defence attorney rolled into one LOL on the whole my posts reflect how i feel when i'm posting them ,however i never have and never will be a racist,thanks for defending me though.Smile
You’re welcome! 

The invoice is in the post by carrier pigeon.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 1:05pm

The world is going mad.
Your posts are always worth a read and never anything but objective, from my recollections.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

[QUOTE=Legendinmybathroom]Perhaps we all need to clarify when we make a joke by putting lol next to it, just so you don’t get mistaken as racist or xenophobic etc.
The world is going mad.
Your posts are always worth a read and never anything but objective, from my recollections.
[/QUOTE 👍
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 2:42pm
Thanks for the positive feedback.Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 4:48pm
O’Mahony is free to play this weekend after not being banned. 
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Ridiculous decision. If one of the yellow cards was for a technical offence then I’d half understand but not getting a ban for two acts of foul play is utterly disgraceful.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 6:03pm

It is precisely this sort of thing that brings the allegations of bias with every dubious decision that gives a free pardon, or minimal sentence for Irish players.

Contrast what POM did with Cassiem’s red, maybe in his first season, where he had 3 weeks off for absolutely nothing.

Equally, Sam Louis made far less impact for his red at Munster last year than POM did landing on Jake.

How can the contact with the head that was deliberate and with zero mitigation get off scot-free?

Edited by Eastern outpost - 08 October 2020 at 6:04pm
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Ridiculous decision. If one of the yellow cards was for a technical offence then I’d half understand but not getting a ban for two acts of foul play is utterly disgraceful.

A terrible example.The message is clearly -accidentally flatten an opposing player when both of you are going for a high ball and you're banned for a month like North, but two acts of deliberate, thuggish attempts to injure and intimidate opposing players by a so called captain/leader - no further punishment or example to others.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 6:12pm
Now I usually say oh here we go saying Irish bias. But has anyone seen Turnbulls ban? 3 weeks. Utterly disgraceful. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 7:27pm
This is exactly why a lot of people (not only on this forum) feel that this league is a joke.  I’ve mentioned on here before that there is no consistency with the punishments dished out for foul play, with certain players/regions getting lesser punishment than others.
It’s crazy that deliberate foul/dangerous play is deemed less of an offence than a mistimed or misjudged tackle, which is a very big part of rugby. 
O’mahoney has form for dropping a shoulder into prone players, just look at the pro12 final, he did it to Barclay, which was picked up by the TMO, leading to Nigel Owens reversing a penalty that had been awarded to Munster.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 7:49pm
O'Mahoney case was decided by a Scottish female high court judge, I've no idea if she knows anything about rugby.
Turnbull was ruled on by an Irish Rugby official.  Very strange situation.
Decisions for both cases are on the Pro14 website.
Keep the faith
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
  Share Topic