FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team v Glasgow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

what do we think of the idea of a 6/2 split

having both cubby and Cassiem on the bench?

if we have AOB starting or on bench he can cover back 3 and cubby can also cover the wing (see la Rochelle)

Problem I see is we have Foxy who is just back from injury and no centre cover on the bench unless we can use Tom Rogers or indeed Cubby. Cubby for me would make a decent fist of playing at 13. I take it your gameplan involves really having a go at their pack. 
10.Patchell
11.Steff
12.Costello
13.Davies
14.Rogers
15.AOB
Watching Costello in the u20's,I was struck by his appetite for the tackle,something confirmed by Leicester fans-he coould possibly offer a great option as 12 outside an attacking 10.That selection would allow Morgan onto the bench alongside Asquith and the scrum-half.With a view to the coming months,I'd be tempted to put Patch at 15 and AOB at 10.
(I'm fully aware that this selection is very unlikely to resemble the coaches',but....better a fantasy than a nightmare..)

bit small for a 12 isn't he? I know he's brave but not sure hell be able to physically cope in that position

Have to say patchell at 15 would offer more in attack than halfpenny does
Sponsored Links

ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 12:25pm
For Glasgow:- 

Wyn Jones
Ryan Elias
Samson Lee
Jake Ball
Sam Lousi
Blade Thomson
Josh Macloed
Sione Kalamafoni

Gareth Davies
Rhys Patchell
Steff Evans
Jonny Williams
Jon Davies
Tom Rogers
Leigh Halfpenny

Phil Price
Ken Owens
Werner Kruger
Lewis Rawlins
Uzair Cassiem
Kieran Hardy
Angus O'Brien
Paul Asquith
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 11:53am
Johnny Williams is available - just saying like!!!!
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 11:29am
9. Cawdor 
10. Angus 
11. Steff Evans
12. Asquith
13. Foxy
14. Conbeer 
15. Halfpenny 

If that can’t get us a try nothing will 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 11:13am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

if we have AOB starting or on bench he can cover back 3 and cubby can also cover the wing (see la Rochelle)

Problem I see is we have Foxy who is just back from injury and no centre cover on the bench unless we can use Tom Rogers or indeed Cubby. Cubby for me would make a decent fist of playing at 13. I take it your gameplan involves really having a go at their pack. 
10.Patchell
11.Steff
12.Costello
13.Davies
14.Rogers
15.AOB
Watching Costello in the u20's,I was struck by his appetite for the tackle,something confirmed by Leicester fans-he coould possibly offer a great option as 12 outside an attacking 10.That selection would allow Morgan onto the bench alongside Asquith and the scrum-half.With a view to the coming months,I'd be tempted to put Patch at 15 and AOB at 10.
(I'm fully aware that this selection is very unlikely to resemble the coaches',but....better a fantasy than a nightmare..)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 10:59am

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 10:53am

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Wyn Jones
Ryan Elias
Samson Lee
Jake Ball
Sam Lousi
Blade Thomson
Josh Macloed
Sione Kalamfoni

Gareth Davies
Rhys Patchell
Steff Evans
Jonny Williams
Jon Davies
Tom Rogers
Leigh Halpenny

Rob Evans ( if fit)
Dafydd Hughes
Werner Kruger
Tex Ratuva
Uzair Cassiem
Dean Blacker
Angus O'Brien
Tyler Morgan

I'm resting Ken as we have lost our 1st and 2nd choice hookers, so someone will need to start next week who hasn't played much yet ( it might be that Marc Jones is the next taxi off the rank ).

Giving Dan Jones a break so Angus can get in to the 23 for some game time, likewise with Hardy so Blacker can come in.
Cassiem offers potentially a little more than Cubby off the bench and Cubby is our first choice 7 with Macleod now called up.
I'd like to have had Kennedy or Dan Davies in there somewhere too if I could, but this is a game we go all out to win, and so can't spin all the plates.

Agree with you.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 10:23am

Brew not got the psssing game for centre. When we going to give knott and morgan starts?
Agree
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 5:53pm
Wyn Jones
Ryan Elias
Samson Lee
Jake Ball
Sam Lousi
Blade Thomson
Josh Macloed
Sione Kalamfoni

Gareth Davies
Rhys Patchell
Steff Evans
Jonny Williams
Jon Davies
Tom Rogers
Leigh Halpenny

Rob Evans ( if fit)
Dafydd Hughes
Werner Kruger
Tex Ratuva
Uzair Cassiem
Dean Blacker
Angus O'Brien
Tyler Morgan

I'm resting Ken as we have lost our 1st and 2nd choice hookers, so someone will need to start next week who hasn't played much yet ( it might be that Marc Jones is the next taxi off the rank ).

Giving Dan Jones a break so Angus can get in to the 23 for some game time, likewise with Hardy so Blacker can come in.
Cassiem offers potentially a little more than Cubby off the bench and Cubby is our first choice 7 with Macleod now called up.
I'd like to have had Kennedy or Dan Davies in there somewhere too if I could, but this is a game we go all out to win, and so can't spin all the plates.

Edited by Wil Chips - 06 October 2020 at 5:57pm
Calon_Coch2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calon_Coch2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 5:34pm
Odd that Pivac says Dee needs more game time yet Sanjay hasn’t played for months and Patch, 10 minutes last Saturday? As for Steff, he had 2 tries and man of the match against the Blues whilst Jonah Holmes didn’t appear in the first 2 games and I thought Hewitt was the better of the Dragon wings last Friday night.  As mentioned in a previous post, Pivac  makes it Up as he goes along mun! 
Calon_Coch2
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 1:05pm
Nothing against Elias he has all the minerals. But the non selection of Elliott Dee and the selection of Elias in the Welsh squad I find baffling. Pivac says its due to lack of game time Dee isnt selected...very bizarre as I think of all Wales hookers Elias is THE one needing a run of games. 
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 1:02pm

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Great for the players yes but it’s so bad how they have international games the same time as domestic. Really poos on clubs getting supporters to watch apart from the hardcore. Would have picked Kieran Williams over Jonny tbh.

when the wru are paying 80% of a  players salary they are always going to call the tune

until regions have access to their own money this will always be the case

Given covid rulings it;s unlikely players will be released back to this period as well Cry
Yea I get the salary thing but we’ll never gain interest in this sport in wales carrying on like this apart from the wales only crew or when we get a playoff. Sad and frustrating as a supporter. 
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Great for the players yes but it’s so bad how they have international games the same time as domestic. Really poos on clubs getting supporters to watch apart from the hardcore. Would have picked Kieran Williams over Jonny tbh.

I suppose at this present time with no fans allowed in , it really doesnt matter to the regions in terms of bums on seats etc like it normally would , if it wasnt for covid i dont think we would have had half as many league games during the autumn period as we have .

If at some point we are allowed say 1000 fans in we wont have to worry about not enough interest as im sure there will be up to 5000 fans who are desperate to get back to PYS, obviously the main thing is it is going to affect us results wise.

Looking at the games we have , Benetton, Edinburgh, Zebre, Connacht, Ulster and Leinster . we are probably one of the teams in the league affected most by international call ups, so this is going to affect us results wise big style during this period
Yea during Covid it’s not a problem for bums on seats but it certainly has an effect on the league. Shouldn’t be happening in “professional” sport and we had the chance to sort this whilst everything went on lockdown. This season we’ll have players who will play more games for wales than us and that’s not down to injuries. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Sanjay is available for some form of rugby this weekend.

Thought Pivac said available for some sort of rugby for the weekend of the French game which suggests he may be with us in Benetton. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 12:49pm

when the wru are paying 80% of a  players salary they are always going to call the tune

until regions have access to their own money this will always be the case

Given covid rulings it;s unlikely players will be released back to this period as well Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic